Reptile scan? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #1
TexasVipRoom
Reptile scan?

Has anyone used reptile scan? It seems like a cool app. The lite version is .99 the full version is 24.99. I was looking it over and trying to find the difference between the two apps.

Before I spend 25.00 I would like to get some insight on the differences. I read the reviews on the app and the description of both and don't see a difference.

Some advice would be great. Thanks

Old 03-10-2013, 03:55 PM   #2
Kingofspades
I would like to know as well. I am very curious about this program.

Old 03-10-2013, 04:34 PM   #3
Mickeyblueyes
That's a pricy app. I would rather just use iherp. Hopefully they'll come out with a free app some day.

Old 03-10-2013, 05:18 PM   #4
TexasVipRoom
It's cool though you use a qr code scanner to track everything making it easy to use. I have decided to use the free app find out its limitations. I am only goin to enter five hatchlings and see how it works. I figured they eat shed and need to be cleaned the most so I can use the whole app o and track weights.

Old 03-12-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
TexasVipRoom
Ok so i have bought the trial version it was .99 I set up 5 hatchlings and have started using it the past couple days. I have not used it on my whole collection so i cant speak for doing a lot of animals but so far the 5 I have used it on is great!

Old 03-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
I looked for the $0.99 light version and couldn't find it. The website they tell you to go to is also dead.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:37 PM   #7
TexasVipRoom
www.reptilescan.com

app is called reptile scan. I am using an iphone what phone are you using? maybe that is the issue. I just went to the site and my log popped right up.

Old 03-13-2013, 03:49 PM   #8
TripleMoonsExotic
Reptilescan.dk is where they direct you to go, not the .com. I run android, not apple when it comes to my mobile devices. If they don't offer a light version for android that would be unfortunate. No way I'm paying $25 for something I can't test first.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:10 AM   #9
TexasVipRoom
I completely agree! Did the .com site work? I am not sure if they do or dont offer it for android. I would imagine they would but who knows. Mines seems to be working great so far though. I am going to add two breeding females and a male to it so I can see how there husbandry side of things work.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #10
AGoodwin
I looked into this a few weeks ago. From what I remember the lite version is only available for iOS, not android. I also could not get the site to work. I found the website with information on the app, however I could not find the site or part of the site they say supposedly allows you do add tracking information (rather than using the app) as there was something they said had to be done on the site and was not available on the app.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!