Good Guy Sizzlin Dragons- The epitome of a "Good Gal" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-11-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
aquariumdenizens
Thumbs up Sizzlin Dragons- The epitome of a "Good Gal"

I want to share the outstanding experience we had with a purchase of bearded dragons from DiAnn Monkhouse at Sizzlin Dragons.

After searching Fauna and elsewhere for a long time my wife chose to pick out two females from Sizzlin Dragons as a gift for me. As some of you reading this may know, we breed Leopard Geckos and up until this point have dealt exclusively in person with all purchases.

After speaking on the phone with DiAnn on 3/03/10 and having all of her questions answered my wife placed the order for the dragons. Shipping was scheduled for a few days later when the weather would be a bit warmer.
DiAnn kept us updated with emails and provided tracking information and shipped as agreed. Unfortunately, the dragons didn't survive the trip.
I snapped a few pictures of the dragons and sent them along with an email to DiAnn to let her know that they didn't make the trip.
Within minutes I received a phone call from DiAnn who showed genuine concern and was extremely apologetic for the dragons not making it. What impressed me the most was that she was very concerned that we may have small children that might have witnessed me opening the box and finding the dragons dead.(Which we do not by the way)
She said she would take care of the situation immediately and honored her word. She offered me the choice of either a refund or replacements. I told her I would leave it up my wife to decide since she is the one that actually placed the order. My wife's first inclination was to get a refund and continue to buy locally since this was our first online purchase, but after speaking with DiAnn and being impressed with her concern we felt confident to get replacement animals. We contacted DiAnn and let her know we would like replacements. We shared a few more phone calls and emails. DiAnn offered our choice of some little beauties that will be ready to ship in 7-8 weeks, (which I didn't really want to wait for) or, her two hold back females from the same clutch as the originals. I know a lot of people claim animals are "holdbacks" when they are up for sale but I have absolutely no doubt that they truly were her hold backs since they were not advertised for sale and they are beauties! DiAnn also offered to send a larger male for free if we wanted it. I feel a little guilty but not wanting to wait several more weeks we accepted the two hold backs and the male. She shipped the next evening for overnight early morning delivery. They arrived today safe and sound. All three are beautiful, bulky, bright and alert dragons. I could not be happier.
I sent her a quick email this morning to let her know they arrived and to let her know I would be posting a "Good Guy" thread about her. As I am typing this I received a response from her and in her modesty she said "It's not necessary to post a Good Guy thread about her". Nuts to that! Here it is.
DiAnn Monkhouse from Sizzlin Dragons is truly a class act, she is honestly concerned for her animals and customers alike. The free male really wasn't necessary but is truly appreciated. Her dragons are beautiful, her customer service is outstanding and she's a qenuinely nice person to deal with.
Thanks again DiAnn.

Sorry for the long post but it sure beats seeing another "Bad Guy" thread pop up doesn't it?

Old 03-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #2
sizzlindragons
Norris, thanks for such a nice post. Its easy when your dealing with nice people.
I am sorry things did not go well the first round but glad you are happy in the long run.
I learned a huge lesson and will no longer be shipping more then 5 packages out in a day. Even the most of anal people (like me) can miss something so simple. It made me physically ill they did not make it and I am still kicking myself. The most important thing is that you are happy in the end.
Keep me posted on those babies and how they turn out.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:12 PM   #3
thestranger101
Thank you

I will not get into it but Dianna is one of the most stand up people i know.

Her customer service and husbandry are incredible.

We should all learn from this post !!

Thumbs up on a good GAL post !!!!!! I second it !!!

Michael Axelrod

Sunshinedragons.com

Ps I was ill for about 1 month last year if not longer and Dianna did all my customer service for me. She asked for nothing in return.

Look forward to see what she can do from here this girl is going to the TOP look out !!!!!

Old 03-12-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
randtpetsupply
A pleasure

As a vendor, I too found it a pleasure to deal witH Dianna. She was warm, and understanding, and BEYOND patient.

Props to her and Mike from Sunshine Dragons.....

Old 03-13-2010, 04:33 PM   #5
Snowdragon57
Dianna
we have not met you yet , but are good friends with mikey and do lots of business with him, he's a real stand up guy, and we have heard nothing but the best about you from many, and the outstanding quality of your animals, we are extremely picky about the breeders we deal with, as mikey will attest to, he knows the absolute quality we hold ourselves to in our own breeding and those who we purchase from, in order to make available to our customers only the best, with that said we will be in touch with you in the near future, and please let us know when you have some groups of youngsters available.
Ross and Debby
Jungle Jewels Reptiles
Beeger Boxes Reeptile Cages
NH Licenced Breeders

Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
calientedragons
Yep we love DiAnn over here too, She is a great person, who loves her animals

Old 04-27-2018, 11:44 PM   #7
hemingway155
Excellent dragons and great people!

In recent months, I've bought two dragons from these guys, one a male that has grown like gangbusters and is so pretty we call him JT and a little juvie female this week. They're always professional, respond quickly to texts, and sell great dragons that are little garbage disposals.

Can't say enough good things about this seller, but my wife should totally give me the money to get another baby from their gorgeous stock.

Kris

Old 04-28-2018, 12:01 AM   #8
SizzlinDragonz
Thank you for the kind words. This is one old post you found.lol

Old 05-31-2018, 03:23 AM   #9
brittfranklin4291
Completely agree with everything said. I own 4 animals that I got from Sizzlin Dragonz and they are all healthy and doing amazing. The customer service given by them is top notch. I will continue to make purchases from Sizzlin Dragonz.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!