Rosy Boa Help? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Rosy, Sand, Ground Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-20-2009, 01:50 PM   #1
HayleySnakes
Question Rosy Boa Help?

Abour rosy boas, mind if I ask you a few Qs? I'm thinking about getting one.

If you've ever had the chance to be around a Children's python, which species do you prefer? I am also considering getting one of them.

What is you setup like? And do you feel this type of snake would be alright in a rack? I have a corn, and I keep him in a bin type enclosure. I would like to keep my new rosy the same way.

How much did you buy your Rosy for? How much should I expect to pay? I dont want anything fancy, just a common rosy.

How big are your rosies? Is there a significant diference between the sexes? It's be great if you could post a picture of yourself or someone else holding a rosy, so I can seen how big the average rosy is.

And lastly, Do you ever have feeding problems? I feed F/T, and I want to do that with my new snake.

Thanks so much for your help!

Old 08-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #2
HayleySnakes
No one replied, I could cry.

Old 08-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #3
BNUTTY
ROSY BOAS ARE NOCTURNAL SO RACK BINS ARE COOL, 20 GALLON TO ONE ROSEY, BETWEEN 50 TO 100 BUCKS DEPENDING ON LOCAL. EASY SNAKES TO CARE FOR. SIZES ARE VERY SIMILAR IN SEX, AVERAGE ABOUT 2 FEET,THIS IS TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE AND NOT ONE OF A PERFESIONAL SICE FAUNA SEEMS TO BE FULL OF CRITICS ,

Old 08-23-2009, 08:52 AM   #4
Kiote_9
Rosys are cool snakes and they aren't expensive if you get a normal. I kept mine in sterlites when I had them.

I haven't had a childrens python so I can't compare them.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:47 AM   #5
brandonsthaman
Haley,

I have a normal Rosy boa male that is full grown at about 2.5 feet long. He is the most calm snake that I've ever owned (but to be honest I've only owned 5 snakes). I purchased him at Petco and paid well over what you'd pay online or at a reptile show ($150). I cannot compare him to a children's python as I've never owned nor handled one, but I can say compared to my Dumeril's boa, and corn snakes he is much calmer. I keep him in a 20L terrarium. You can see some pictures of him here: http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2661826

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!