Bad Guy Core McDaniel/ Mark Braud scammed me out of $200 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2017, 07:53 PM   #1
XxBLUExX
Core McDaniel/ Mark Braud scammed me out of $200

Going to post all of our dealings, which is only a few screenshots. I hadn't figured out that I had been scammed until I saw someone in an fb group of mine had been scammed by him too and he's since deleted his profile so I have no way to contact him.
I feel dumb, I send the $200 for a baby ivory ball python through PayPal friends and family so I'm sure I'm out of that money. I've already called the automated system and they said there's nothing I can do. I can at least get it out here that he's a scammer. Pics to come.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2017, 07:56 PM   #2
XxBLUExX
All of our dealings were through fb messenger
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2017, 07:58 PM   #3
XxBLUExX
Can't figure out how to post all screen shots in one go =_= sorry
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #4
XxBLUExX
The other person he scammed, who knows how many more..
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2017, 08:46 PM   #5
Michael Brown
Hi Rebekah, I am sorry for the BS. Did you pay with goods / services ? Did the PayPal funds come from a bank, PayPal, or hopefully credit cards? You might be able to do something about this

Old 02-07-2017, 08:49 PM   #6
XxBLUExX
I payed through friends and family stupidly enough. A mistake I won't make again.
I used my Visa card through my personal bank account.
I hope I can do something I'm currently waiting on hold to speak to a live person.
Thank you for trying to help!

Old 02-07-2017, 09:05 PM   #7
Michael Brown
File a chargeback immediately with your Visa. You may have lucked out with using that payment method, but ALWAYS use goods / services for payment. I personally always cover the 3% myself almost as a "tip" to the seller (in my mind).

Old 02-07-2017, 09:23 PM   #8
Robert Walker
Using the email: hypeexotics@yahoo.com

Taken off of gaming site where he used this email:
HypeNation said "Contact me on Skype @ Hypeexotics@yahoo.com"

The next post from another user on that forum responds:
"This guy a known scammer named Mark somthing Banned many times he runs Hype exotics as a business on the side in LA. Please be careful with this guy. His skype is Kingsneverdie (thehypeman29) he scammed me for 700$ a few months ago with a glad priest.. I can dig up more information if needed. Mark Fit Braund aka hypeman"

Not sure where this leads yet, but perhaps a piece of the puzzle.

Old 02-07-2017, 09:35 PM   #9
tlmoon
Thanks for posting so word gets out about this scammer. I'm glad you're calling your Visa card - I'm hoping they can do a chargeback for you.

Hopefully you get your money back and lesson learned about friends and family....if you have a seller who doesn't want to pay the fee, you can offer to pay the 3% (or whatever it is) and still pay the standard way. That way you're still protected. Anyone who still insists on friends and family even with you offering to pay the fee is suspect, in my mind and I would probably walk away.

Good luck and I hope you get your money back.

Old 02-07-2017, 10:04 PM   #10
XxBLUExX
Thank you Robert I appreciate the information, anything helps. Idk who he really is. I called PayPal and they've suspended his account but can't do anything about my money. Can't wait to call the bank tomorrow.
Thank you for the advice Theresa I've definitely learned my lesson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!