Info BEWARE of EdHardy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:08 PM   #1
dizzlen07
BEWARE of EdHardy

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up of the user EdHardy.
I just recently posted a WANTED ad for a 100% Het Female Albino and within minutes I got a PM from a person by the name of Ed Hardy with only 1 post. In the first PM he told me he had a Female Het and asked if I use Western Union. He then sent a PM with a picture of a Albino (not het), stating this is a picture just taken of her and she is 287 grams and 8 months. Then got a price of $200 shipped.
I then asked if he could send me a picture with the Albino on a peice of paper with todays date written on it. I have yet to hear back from him. If you would like to see the PM's I would be happy to send them to you.

I know most of the buyers on here are smart and would not fall into this kind of seller but for those who are more vulnerable, this is just a friendly heads up.
Thank you,
Dane Martinez

Old 03-28-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
Fangthane
This bag o' douche has been a busy little scammer lately. Here are a couple other threads pertaining to him and his various alter-egos.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=126599
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=128757

Old 03-29-2009, 12:55 AM   #3
Craigh
I think its about time they ban this guys account he already scammed one person we know of out of $500 how many more people have to get scammed before it does ?

Old 03-29-2009, 01:28 AM   #4
Fangthane
I don't think people get banned for being scammers. I'd imagine there are legal issues that prohibit Rich/Fauna from showing any bias directly for or against such people. Banning his account would end up being an empty gesture anyway since he's obviously figured out how to create new ones. His IP could be banned but that would effectively cut off anyone else using his internet provider. When you're relying on page hits to help pay the bills it just wouldn't make sense to lock so many people out of the site. The only real option is for all of us to keep an eye on this jackass and update these threads every time he surfaces with a new name.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:54 AM   #5
spawn
Quote:
I'd imagine there are legal issues that prohibit Rich/Fauna from showing any bias directly for or against such people.
I don't know about that. It's his site and he can ban who he wants.

Old 03-29-2009, 10:47 AM   #6
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigh View Post
I think its about time they ban this guys account he already scammed one person we know of out of $500 how many more people have to get scammed before it does ?
He scammed another member out of $250.00 the police got him to send it back, he tried me with alot of stolen pics....I knew some of the pics as other peoples pics so he got no where with me.

Daniel Costello is a low life/no life scum sucking scamming fool.

What do you have to say Daniel?

Old 03-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #7
flight_ems
I wondered about him. I posted a want ad for Dwarf Blue geckos. He didn't wit very long and PM'd me with a too nice of a photo(looked like it was cpoied from somewhere online.) Now I know that there are way better photographers out there me, I not all that great at taking photos. But that's all he sent and at the bottom said "interested?" That's it no info, nothing. So replied back even with all the red flags going off just to see what he says

Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_ems
What are you asking for him? Also where are you located? Is he WC or Captive Bred?

His answers: 200$ , Flordia , Captive

IMO I guess if I was trying to make a sale I would try to be a llittle more convincing than this.

Thanks,

Liz Haumschild

Old 03-29-2009, 01:04 PM   #8
davesfiles
Never Pay for Items Using Western Union

They tell you that on their website, too.
Western Union is for sending people cash in an emergency. WU is NEVER for making purchases of tangible goods.
http://www.westernunion.com/info/fraudScams.asp

Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 PM   #9
flight_ems
Has anyone talked to him on Yahoo at all? If so do you have a user name for him? I was contacted by someone that wanted to do transactions via Western Union.

Thanks

Liz Haumschild

Old 03-30-2009, 10:55 PM   #10
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by flight_ems View Post
Has anyone talked to him on Yahoo at all? If so do you have a user name for him? I was contacted by someone that wanted to do transactions via Western Union.
Not yahoo, this is Daniel Costellos prefered method of contact.

aim:deczero05
msn:yewaredrawwlin@live.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!