Need help with my new baby beardie - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #11
Mistyck
Also, what are you using to take your temps. What kind of thermometer?

Old 05-15-2012, 06:03 AM   #12
barbaracarra
I have a petco reptile habitat thermometer on each end of his viv. As well as a humidity gauge on one end. I do believe the shedding had a lot to do with him not eating. He ate about thirty crickets yesterday and seems to have his appetite back. I'm definitely going to look in to a repti-sun uv. Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate having other beardie lovers to talk to.

Old 05-15-2012, 09:48 AM   #13
alittlefree
If I were you, I would invest in a better thermometer - I just don't trust the petstore ones. Walmart sells a digital thermometer that has a probe and will read both sides of the enclosure called an Accurite - you can find them online, too, if your store doesn't carry them. They're around $12-$13 dollars usually so they're very affordable and also very reliable.

Good luck with your beardie.

Old 05-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #14
barbaracarra
Ok sounds good. I will definitely get an Accurite. $13 dollars is affordable and I want to have accurate readings. Thanks for all your help. Got the bigger Terrarium today also. Hope the move to his new habitat doesn't stress him too much.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
Mistyck
It might stress him out, but don't worry about it. You really need to get the better UVB light ASAP. That one you have could be hurting his eyes and his appetite.

Old 05-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #16
Mistyck
Oh and the ReptiSUN TUBE, not Compact is the UVB light I'm talking about. Sorry about that.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:10 AM   #17
barbaracarra
Hi Everyone, just wanted to give an update on Boo. He's doing great. Has been eating me out of house and home now. He loves green leaf lettuce and carrots. He eats his crickets and is growing quickly. Thanks for all your help and advice.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!