Did you know you can get Emu eggs in the mail?!? LOL! - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-11-2008, 11:33 AM   #51
LadyOhh
They are so cute!!!

Old 01-11-2008, 11:54 AM   #52
Miss Tuniwha
I love that little brown one in the front.. toooooo darn cute!

Old 01-11-2008, 05:27 PM   #53
BryonsBoas
All I see is a BBQ waiting to happen.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:12 PM   #54
akaangela
Well did the emu hatch???? How are the babies doing?

Old 02-02-2008, 02:40 PM   #55
Miss Tuniwha
UPDATE US WOMAN!!!

Old 02-05-2008, 11:57 AM   #56
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
well~ the chickens and turkeys are getting BIG~ I've never seen an animal grow this fast~ but my understanding is some modern breeds like the Cornish cross grow even faster! These are heritage breeds~ mongrel black star/aracauna and the turkeys are Blue slates
30 days old

Or dog So-Chee is doing very well learning "watch the chickens" and not to EAT the chickens. She does really good at not eating them~ and pretty good at watching them. But.......she gets distracted and forgets to watch. Luckily~ chickens are apparently smart~ and every time I see a hawk buzz the house when the chickens are out (they are only out in nice weather right now~ otherwise in a brooder in the garage)~ every time I see a hawk and run out there all the chickens are piled in the dog crate I use to move them. So apparently THEY watch for hawks more carefully than So-Chee does!

Scott and Will are building them a chicken coop~ it's almost done~ waiting on the weather so we can finish is and paint it and then they can move out there full time......pretty darn good for a couple guys who never built anything before working from a picture in a magazine huh! I'm so proud of them!

The coop is on skids so we can drag it around the pasture and have true free range eggs and meat! Very exciting!

I've got more Turkey eggs incubating~ they are on day 22~ expect them to hatch next week. Looks like there are 5 blue slate and 8 Royal Palm live eggs

and your waiting to hear about the Emu egg aren't you?

Well...........................

ME TOO!

The Emu egg is on day 47. I turned it three times a day through day 45~ and now I'm waiting. It is supposed to hatch sometime between day 50 to day 55~ the breeder who sold me the egg told me his last batch hatched on day 49. The egg is too thick to candle so I can't tell if it is alive or not~

But I SWEAR~ HAND TO GOD SWEAR..............
Either I'm seeing things or the egg moved/rocked this morning on it's own.

I think~ maybe I saw it move..........

It might be me seeing things. But I THINK the egg moved!
We'll see!

Old 02-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #57
heathn
Awesome!! And glad to hear the puppy is doing good too! Very sweet puppy!

Old 02-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #58
texasnewbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
But I SWEAR~ HAND TO GOD SWEAR..............
Either I'm seeing things or the egg moved/rocked this morning on it's own.

I think~ maybe I saw it move..........

It might be me seeing things. But I THINK the egg moved!
We'll see!

Really exciting

Keep us updated, we want to see pictures as soon as he/she hatches.

Old 02-05-2008, 04:06 PM   #59
Mooing Tricycle
I HOPE that egg hatches!!! TOO Exciting!

Thats a really great looking coop too! JOB WELL DONE BOYS! ^_-

Old 02-05-2008, 04:41 PM   #60
nora
Emu eggs from my understanding are much like Ostrich eggs. their shell is fairly thick because when emu's lay their eggs they are actually standing up, so naturally the egg has a somewhat long way to drop. (ow!)

anywho, gotta love baby chicks.. lol my parents raised some cornish crosses too (meat chickens) last year and Victoria loved looking at the "cluck clucks" as she called them.. and cheryl's right they grow up fast. Dad told me that the chickens were ready for butchering at 20 weeks. =/ (a bit of info i didnt need to know) but nonetheless at 20 weeks they were HUGE. some of the males scared me cuz they were that big.

Cheryl just wait til that baby emu grows up..lol i hope you have a good pair of running shoes.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!