NFL Predictions! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 09-13-2003, 12:47 AM   #11
kenster
Darin,
I do not wear Red...And I'm thinking i won't ever have to wear red. Maybe I'll be nice and get you a Raiders jersery with Chappell on the back...

Old 09-14-2003, 11:41 PM   #12
Darin Chappell
Well,

Not counting the Monday Niter, where you and I both have the Giants picked, here are the stats so far:

Ken: 11 of 15 for a 73.33% picking percentage

Darin: 12 of 15 for a 80.00% picking percentage

Oh, and Ken . . .If the CHIEFS keep playing like they have been the last two weeks, it'll be OK for you to start wearing RED, buddy. We'll all understand!

Old 09-15-2003, 12:07 AM   #13
kenster
Darin,
I was wondering how long it would take to see those numbers. I should have known better to go with the Lions. Just wishful thinking on my part. So it looks like you won this week. Have to start looking at week 3 now...

Now Darin don't start counting your chickens before they hatch...

I have to beat ya by two next week to be even..then you'll start seeing things in silver and black

Old 09-15-2003, 08:59 AM   #14
Darin Chappell
Ken,

All kidding aside, what do you think is wrong with the Raiders so far this year? I mean, they obviously have talent all over the place on the field, but they lost to the Titans (who got destroyed by the Colts) and then had to struggle against Cincinatti??? Something is wrong, for sure! Is it the age thing catching up to them, or was Gruden more a component than Al Davis was willing to admit?

Any team can be beaten by anyone on any given Sunday; that's true. But something seems to be really wrong with the Raiders right now. Any ideas?

Old 09-15-2003, 06:53 PM   #15
kenster
Darin,
Yeah there is a problem for sure. The first game there were too many penalites. And a couple of bad calls from the refs. Which I can think of one off the top of my head that gave the Titans a touch down. I'm also guessing that having Jerry Porter out is hurting them. He is the speedster on the team now. Don't get me wrong Rice and Brown can catch most things, but now that they are getting up there in age it seems they aren't the deep threat anymore. Is Garner 100% i'm guessing no. Will they ever say anything different I doubt it. Gannon is still one of the best QB's out there. But I'm guessing age has got to be catching up to him at some point. Once he is done, the second string hasn't really proved anything. Gruden was and still is a great coach. Was letting him go a bad idea, at this point in time I'd have to say yes. BUt do you think Al will ever come out and say that

Old 09-16-2003, 10:15 AM   #16
Darin Chappell
Well, since the Giants (cough, cough) CHOKED last night ... here are the revised standings:

Darin - 12 of 16 -- 75%

Ken - 11 of 16 -- 68.8%

Week Three games are as follow:

N.Y. Jets @ New England

Tampa Bay @ Atlanta

Minnesota @ Detroit

Jacksonville @ Indianapolis

N.Y. Giants @ Washington

Baltimore @ San Diego

Buffalo @ Miami

Kansas City @ Houston

Pittsburgh @ Cincinnati

New Orleans @ Tennessee

St. Louis @ Seattle

Green Bay @ Arizona

Cleveland @ San Fransisco

Oakland @ Denver

I'll get my picks in over the next day or two. I'm sure Ken will too, but ANYONE (Sasheena ) is more than welcome to join in on the picks. You don't have to be part of the agreement Ken and I have, but the more people picking the games, the more fun it will be!

Old 09-16-2003, 12:49 PM   #17
drizzt_19
I got bored and noticed this thread so here are my picks

N.Y. Jets

Tampa Bay

Detroit

Jacksonville

Washington

Baltimore

Miami

Houston

Pittsburgh

Tennessee

Seattle

Green Bay

Cleveland

OAKLAND

Old 09-16-2003, 03:28 PM   #18
Darin Chappell
Glad you joined us, Gregg!

Here are my picks:

New England

Tampa Bay

Minnesota

Indianapolis

Washington

San Diego (bit of a coin flip on this one...I'm probably wrong)

Buffalo

Kansas City

Pittsburg

Tennessee

Seattle

Green Bay

San Francisco

Denver

Well, we differ on eight of the fourteen games this coming week, Gregg. One of us is going to have a very bad day! LOL

Don't ya just love football, though?!?!?

Old 09-17-2003, 08:15 PM   #19
kenster
Darin,
Well here are my picks:

Pats

Bucs

Vikings

Colts

Skins

Miami

Ravens

Chiefs

Steelers

Titans

Sea Hawks

Green Bay

49'ers

For the Monday night game this is a tough one! The Raiders are masters of Monday night, but they barely beat the Bungles so they just haven't looked good yet this season. I have to go check the injury report on Jake Plummer and see what his status is. So my pick for this one will be a few days away...

Old 09-17-2003, 09:09 PM   #20
drizzt_19
Quote:
Well, we differ on eight of the fourteen games this coming week, Gregg. One of us is going to have a very bad day! LOL
I got a feeling that I am the one who's going to have a bad week...LOL...That's okay though cause when the RAIDERS win on monday, my week will be excellent...

Ken is it really that hard to choose between the RAIDERS and the denver ponies...RAIDERS will win...

Gotta love football...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!