Very odd. No birds. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:11 AM   #31
Casey Hulse
Lucille, do you have any oil/gas wells nearby? Sometimes they vent awful stuff out of the ground (methane, ethane, hydrogen sulfide etc..) Depending on the wind direction, maybe the birds are avoiding the "plume" ?
I hope not.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:14 AM   #32
JButera
Why did this thread turn so disturbing? lol.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:21 AM   #33
BeauBoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
What you said was 'try to do something about it' and did not elaborate. Leaving your post open to ideas/interpretation. I would think that I am not the first person to think that population control could be accomplished in a tyrannical, authoritative manner that would profit whatever regime is enforcing the control.

As far as education, if you will look at population in Utah, there are above average size families at every education level, this may have to do with culture/religion. I think education is a good idea, however, I think that many people here in the US are already paying exorbitant property taxes, much of which goes to the local school districts.
Ok, if you are just in a mood to argue with someone, please leave me out of it. "Open to interpretation" and you automatically go the "me proposing genocide", that isn't realistic or fair.
As far as Utah goes, have you ever been there? I have. A degree from a Siminary University results in about the same level of "education" as possessed by my neighbors here is SC who went to the Babtist Bible College. Furthermore, those statics in Utah are RAPIDLY changing as the milinniall generation separate themselves from the Mormon Church. In fact, those numbers are rapidly changing nation wide due to the under generation separating from religion period. Which many social scientists attribute to them having access to information via the Internet--education.
Earlier, you posted that you hope that the birds return to their normal migratory patterns soon. Am I to take that to mean you hope they die next year because their normal migratory patterns will put them in harms way due to the changed weather patterns? No, I didn't suggest that you were advocating the mass extinction of avian species, because that would be as crazy as..oh, saying I was advocating genocide because I said we need to take overpopulation seriously.
~Beau

Old 02-09-2016, 10:25 AM   #34
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
Lucille, do you have any oil/gas wells nearby? Sometimes they vent awful stuff out of the ground (methane, ethane, hydrogen sulfide etc..) Depending on the wind direction, maybe the birds are avoiding the "plume" ?
I hope not.
That is a good idea, never thought of it and yes, there are some in the area. My inside birds remained healthy, but perhaps, given a choice if the air was tainted, they might have left. Birds are sensitive to air quality.

Old 02-09-2016, 10:43 AM   #35
chkadii
Here's an interesting article I found about North American land birds and El Niño:

http://www.meteo.psu.edu/~sbf1/papers/elnino.pdf

Old 02-09-2016, 11:12 AM   #36
Lucille
That is interesting. Even more so, because of the mention of El Nino and variables in bird population relating to snake predation, could there also be a tie-in between years of lower wild snake population and weather?

Old 02-09-2016, 11:14 AM   #37
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
saying I was advocating genocide
Straw man. I'm not biting

Old 02-10-2016, 08:16 PM   #38
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post
I hope not.
Yeah, could be......
Attached Images

Old 02-10-2016, 08:19 PM   #39
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeauBoi View Post
Is that part of a Chinese curse supposedly? Lol You are right, though, it seems to become more "interesting" as time marches on...
Personally, I think it is time for us to just face the facts, that there are just way to many of us living on this planet, and to try to do something about it before we destroy it...but it doesn't seem to be a popular opinion....
~Beau
Apparently some governments find that war is a handy solution to population issues. Throw some biological warfare into the mix, and problem solved.

Old 02-10-2016, 08:59 PM   #40
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Throw some biological warfare into the mix, and problem solved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post

The gummint could simply issue vaccines to those it deems worthy, and set out a fatal contagious virus.

It is difficult to know these days whether a disaster is an act of God, or engineered by man.
And sculpting disaster is far more complex than simply population control- war boosts economies, for instance, and funding after a disaster can have political influence.
I certainly think there is much more going on behind the scenes than is evident, and I believe much of it is not in the best interests of the ordinary working person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!