Reward Part Deux - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 07:24 AM   #61
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
I am not quite sure what you are meaning by Commitments to you?
Could you really not know what commitment you made? I'll refresh your memory (and everyone else's):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis1
Let me try to spell it out for you Jimo
I am feeling threatened by your need to tell anyone where i live and phone #
Which makes me think that those prank phone calls last night might have came from you?
I am not afraid of a threat at my person i am VERY afraid of a threat against my family
In that spirit I emplore you to remove the posts that may direct threatning people or messages my way
If you do this i will leave never to return to Fauna
Was that promise made with your fingers crossed?

Old 11-04-2005, 07:32 AM   #62
Chris@TSE
one could only dream......... its too bad he's about the last person you can depend on to stick to his word.

Old 11-04-2005, 08:43 AM   #63
dragonflyreptiles
Dennis, I honestly feel bad for you. I think you started off on fauna on the wrong foot and I think you are really trying hard to change the general opinion of you.

I for one don't really care about your personal beliefs, liek I told you, those are not my feelings or beliefs but each person has their own right to their own feelings no matter if others agree or not.

I hope the snake deal works out for you and Jim!

Ill keep an eye out for your next reward but in all honesty I don't even have the cash to pay shipping so Id be out anyway

Old 11-04-2005, 09:07 AM   #64
Dennis1
Lmao...
You guys never learn do you?
First i would just like to point out some information that shows the flaw in your logic then You guys(detractors) can go play word games with someone else
Good Guy Certs are asked for Which by Webslaves own words is BOI lite
Therefore it would stand reasonable to ask for a thread on BOI

So now would you take the drama somewhere else PLEASE...lol

I dont care if my detractors like me or not,But i do hope they could be Mature enough to leave me Alone...lol but i think not

BTW...The game will be reset tomorrow,And i would appreciate those who feel the need to be my detractors DONT PARTICIPATE

To everyone else ;
You want to know whats wrong with the BOI then read this thread and formulate your own opinion....But i will give a hint People

Old 11-04-2005, 11:01 AM   #65
WebSlave
Stop!

Perhaps it is time for me to step in here.

The ONLY place on this site where it is appropriate to offer merchandise (which means animals, hard goods, or services) to anyone, whether for compensation in any manner, or as a free donation, is in the classifieds section. About the only exception I can think of might be in the Adoptions forum if someone is offering an animal up for adoption.

That is it. Nowhere else, and not for any reason whatsoever. Any further threads of this kind will get the poster a warning point for "Posting in an inappropriate forum".

Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #66
DAND
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Any further threads of this kind will get the poster a warning point for "Posting in an inappropriate forum".
Hmmm, is the heavy hand getting lighter, or is dennis the recipient of special treatment? Friendly warnings are now being openly issued for infractions to only a chosen few? Odd, very odd.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:24 PM   #67
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND
Hmmm, is the heavy hand getting lighter, or is dennis the recipient of special treatment? Friendly warnings are now being openly issued for infractions to only a chosen few? Odd, very odd.
Perhaps you can show me in the rules I have posted where I have specifically made a determination about a thread such as this? I might have, but sorry, I don't remember. THIS notice was specifically directed at the person who posted this thread.

Yeah, I know, I'm being an unfair meanie again......

Old 11-05-2005, 08:57 AM   #68
Cat_72
Rich, no disrespect intended here, but do you actually have no problem with the fact that he is trying to "buy" a good guy thread???

I don't care if it was Dennis, or if it had been anyone else who did this, I know I have a problem with it. I'm pretty new to the bigger "business" aspect around here, I keep thinking of all of the hard work I've put into my animals, and how much pride I take in them......and only hoping that results someday into being considered as going, "above and beyond" enough for someone, ON THEIR OWN ACCORD, to post a "good guy" thread about me on here.

Then we have someone that has some animals he "wants to get rid of" anyway, and uses that to give them to someone ONLY in return for a "good guy" thread. To me, that just make the whole thing seem kind of "cheap".....and making the whole idea of the good guy thing not necessarily to be taken seriously if just anyone can "buy" their way into it. It seems to defeat the whole purpose of checking the BOI before buying, if you ask me.......think about it this way.......CRE could start giving away some of their glorious "hets" in exchange for people submitting "good guy" posts about them....and then maybe even MORE folks would fall for their shenanigans, after glancing thru the BOI and seeing those posts?

Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong.......but that's the way I see it.

Old 11-05-2005, 09:48 AM   #69
Dennis1
Dont worry i am not going to try and buy a GG thread anymore
I will take a different avenue to get there

IMHO... I dont think it "cheapens" the BOI one bit
Let me Explain why,

The BOI gives the Overall BIG PICTURE
Say for arguements sake a Known Scammer i wont name any names here
Does what i just attempted to do And gets a GG thread
What would that hurt?...I would say nothing as he already has a BadGuy thread
And i dont know about how any of you search the BOI to find about a certain person you want to do business with but i use the search button
When i do this more than 1 thread comes up and if he has a bad guy thread it will come up also then i read both threads and come up with an opinion on whether i want to do business with the said person or not based on the information

IMHO... What "Cheapens" the BOI is Irrelevant Information added to deliberatly cuase Drama
Such as Personality Information,Popularity Contests,Pissing Matches,Name Calling(ie "Idiot"and "Moron" to name just a few)Harassing and Threats And anything else that cuases Drama and makes for a Hard/Long read

Not How someone gets a GG Thread
But thats just my Opinion in a world of Many

Old 11-05-2005, 12:00 PM   #70
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Rich, no disrespect intended here, but do you actually have no problem with the fact that he is trying to "buy" a good guy thread???

I don't care if it was Dennis, or if it had been anyone else who did this, I know I have a problem with it. I'm pretty new to the bigger "business" aspect around here, I keep thinking of all of the hard work I've put into my animals, and how much pride I take in them......and only hoping that results someday into being considered as going, "above and beyond" enough for someone, ON THEIR OWN ACCORD, to post a "good guy" thread about me on here.

Then we have someone that has some animals he "wants to get rid of" anyway, and uses that to give them to someone ONLY in return for a "good guy" thread. To me, that just make the whole thing seem kind of "cheap".....and making the whole idea of the good guy thing not necessarily to be taken seriously if just anyone can "buy" their way into it. It seems to defeat the whole purpose of checking the BOI before buying, if you ask me.......think about it this way.......CRE could start giving away some of their glorious "hets" in exchange for people submitting "good guy" posts about them....and then maybe even MORE folks would fall for their shenanigans, after glancing thru the BOI and seeing those posts?

Perhaps I'm looking at it wrong.......but that's the way I see it.
I don't have any rules specifically against someone doing this, so there is nothing for me to "enforce". Personally I think it is inadvisable for someone to do this, but that is just my opinion. If someone is willing to participate in someone's efforts to do something like this, then that is strictly between them. Such a rule would be completely unenforceable anyway, so why should I even try? How many people will sell something and request that the buyer put a good word for them on the BOI? Why wouldn't I then treat that in the same manner? And how in the world would I enforce it?

Sorry, but I do expect people to use their own brains here in some issues. If someone makes an offer like this, then it is up to you in how you perceive it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread