Inquiry on John Cherry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-17-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
t. larson
Inquiry on John Cherry

Been considering making a purchase from John Cherrys Cherryville farms. Always seemed decent through e-mail communication and if memory serves he's always gotten positive reviews. However, when I attempted to place a phone call to him tonight (about 5:30 pacific time) I was greeted a surprising response.

Speaking for myself ONLY, I've decided to not bother doing business with him and his outfit due to the phone communication. The following is an e-mail I sent to him regarding our "communication" via the telephone.

Anyone ELSE have a similar experience ?

John,

Hi. I'm sorry I'll be unable to do business with you. When I called your number and attempted to reach you to discuss a few details about a possible buy, you or another fellow answered and was very rude and aggressive to me. He informed me "not to call my house private." When I asked if John was there he ranted some mumbo jumbo that sounded like he was a black gangster and ended the tirade with "bitch". I hung up. I called back a half hour later to see if I'd accidentally reached one of your kids nasty friends or something and the same fellow answered and went into the same tirade about "don't call my house private". I attempted to explain that I don't have long distance and use a calling card to make long distance calls and he then went into questions about my education level and intelligence. I answered with some of my own venom back and this gangsta man wanted to know where I lived. I would have told him that he'd be more than welcome to visit my house and take a .357 to the brainpan, but I have a family to maintain. I can only assume that it was YOU or that you're not very interested in doing business. My only interest in thugs is to see them sent to jail or a pine box where they belong.

Thane

Old 08-17-2006, 11:17 PM   #2
DISCERN
Well, it sounds like

You ended up dialing a wrong number or that number is not their number anymore. John Cherry is about as gangsta as Clinton not committing perjury. He is a gentleman in his fifties, to my knowledge and I have had many personal contacts with him at shows. He does not talk like that in any way, shape, or form.

Shoot him an email. Take care!

Billy Fraser

Old 08-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
Preacher Pat
He's one of the Best!!!!!!!

Billy is right on!!!! I've known John sr. now for about 8 yrs. and I feel honored to be called his friend. John is not selling snakes right now. He has a big part of his collection on breeder loan to many folks. He said he needed a break from the business end and kept around forty of his favorites. Not only is he an exemplary part of this hobby, he is also a good Methodist. As a Methodist Pastor I appreciate that! You won't find people in this hobby any better than John>

Pat Glazener-Cooney

Old 08-17-2006, 11:29 PM   #4
aaron sullivan
did you get a responce from his email?

i have met him several times and he is NOT, in any form, a 'gangsta.' he is a very stand up guy with some great animals.

i suggest you wait for a reply email as i am sure the number you dialed is not his.

aaron sullivan

Old 08-17-2006, 11:30 PM   #5
snakeman56
I had a good dealing with John!

I got a snake from John a while back and the whole deal was done in a very professional manner. Who you are describing is not him.

Tom

Old 08-17-2006, 11:32 PM   #6
Fatman608
You must have the wrong number. He is just to nice. I called him way to much when I bought some stuff off of him. He is a really nice man.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:41 PM   #7
Wilomn
John is a good guy. You must have mis-dailed.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:42 AM   #8
WebSlave
I agree. That is not the John Cherry I know. The guy is top notch.

And I suspect he is likely on his way to Daytona Beach right now, so he may not even get that email anytime real soon.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:28 AM   #9
Otter_23
I got some animals from John and he was professional and courteous.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:48 AM   #10
Dennis Hultman
Echo, Echo!!

Absolutely Not, John!
I could never imagine John speaking to anyone in the manner you describe. John has always been extremely helpful and polite. A true gentleman.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!