Weather - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:56 AM   #81
Dragondad
Well I didn't get much snow last night, maybe half and inch. There is a layer of ice on everything....and the sleet is transitioning to rain as I type this. Temps aren't bad about 30 supposed to go to 33 this afternooon. So I haven't driven it yet, but not too bad. Good job Cat looks like most of the bad went on by....wonder how Rozann did?

Old 03-01-2007, 09:04 AM   #82
Cat_72
Eh, that was only the first stage of the storm....the majority of it is coming in here today, lol.

A BLIZZARD WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST FRIDAY.

A MIXTURE OF PRECIPITATION IS EXPECTED ACROSS THE WARNING AREA
EARLY THIS MORNING. HOWEVER...A TRANSITION TO ALL SNOW WILL BEGIN
IN THE WEST BY DAYBREAK AND PROGRESS RAPIDLY EASTWARD TO THE
INTERSTATE 35 CORRIDOR BY 9 TO 10 AM. THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT
TIMES AND MAY BE ACCOMPANIED BY THUNDER PRODUCING SNOWFALL RATES OF UP TO 2 TO 3 INCHES PER HOUR.

THE SNOW WILL CONTINUE INTO THE
AFTERNOON WITH THE HIGHEST RATES CLOSER TO THE MINNESOTA BORDER.
AS THE SNOW INTENSITIES BEGIN TO DECREASE THIS AFTERNOON...WINDS
FROM THE WEST TO NORTHWEST WILL INCREASE QUICKLY. WIND SPEEDS OF
20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF OVER 45 MPH WILL BECOME LIKELY BY MID
TO LATE AFTERNOON AND PERSIST INTO THE DAY ON FRIDAY. THIS IS
FORECAST TO PRODUCE SUBSTANTIAL BLOWING SNOW ALONG WITH LARGE
DRIFTS GIVEN THE AMOUNT OF SNOWFALL...ESPECIALLY IN THE WESTERN
HALF OF THE WARNING. LIFE THREATENING CONDITIONS WILL EXIST AS
WHITEOUT CONDITIONS ARE LIKELY FOR AN EXTENDED PERIOD OF TIME. BE
PREPARED FOR LIMITED TRAVEL AS DRIVING BECOMES VERY DIFFICULT IF
NOT IMPOSSIBLE DUE TO THE WHITEOUT CONDITIONS AND DRIFTING SNOW
ACROSS THE HIGHWAYS. EXTENDED STAYS IN ONE LOCATION MAY BE
NECESSARY.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:14 AM   #83
Dragondad
Here's mine for the next couple of days.

Tonight: Occasional rain showers before 11pm, then a chance of freezing drizzle and snow showers. Some thunder is also possible. Areas of fog before 11pm. Low around 29. Breezy, with a east wind 23 to 26 mph becoming southwest 15 to 18 mph. Winds could gust as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Friday: Occasional snow. High near 34. Southwest wind around 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Friday Night: Periods of snow showers. Low around 24. Southwest wind 14 to 17 mph becoming northwest. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

So I would say your storm is going to cut north of me, may not miss Rozann but will be dumping more in WI than lower MI. I HOPE

Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #84
Cat_72
I'll trade ya forecasts, Michael.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 AM   #85
Stardust
Well it hasn't missed this part of MI. Last night we started with some freezing rain and now it is a lot of snow. Winds are also up. Today is not a pretty day. Not a pretty day at all. I am glad I got some shopping in and ran errands yesterday.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:27 AM   #86
Cat_72
Well shoot Rozann.....at least you're stocked up and can just try to hibernate for awhile...that's my plan, lol.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #87
Stardust
Yep and I can watch all that snow fall from the inside of my home
Only thing is is that is not at all like the holiday time where it seems so nice and pretty. This is the time of the year I just want it to go away!

Oh and thanks Mike, I am SURE that fan pointed up here and SOMETHING to do with it. Its ok though, next time it comes from Canada I can give back two fold

Old 03-01-2007, 10:56 AM   #88
Dragondad
Thats fine Cat I will keep what I have thanks for the offer. I had a chance to get in with a company in Iowa and every time I read your weather I keep thinking that moving to Iowa to escape MI weather isn't the smartest thing in the world. Of course not sure where New Liberty is in relation to you.

Rozann, you can send the Canada front this way as long as you wait for me to move....like the Virgin Islands....that will work.

Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 AM   #89
Cat_72
New Liberty is way southeast of here....I'm almost on the central MN border. Seems like you don't have to get very far south from here and there is quite a difference in the weather.

Old 03-01-2007, 01:09 PM   #90
Stardust
Well I was going to post that it stopped snowing here as about 15 min ago it did quit. Then my daughter walked in from getting out of school early, I look again and it is snowing and the wind is awful.
Her getting out early tells me that the school/bus garage thinks that in a few hours it is going to turn much worse
Again I am glad I am not out in this crap

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!