thought i could help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-21-2005, 04:36 PM   #1
diablohogs
thought i could help

ive always had a little problem with the low res logo faunaclassifieds has had for as long as ive been here so ive decided to do something about it and i went ahead and polished it up a little. this should fit right into the spot in the upper left hand corner with out any problems. i have a much higher res version of this logo if you like it. i would have used the same font but i simply didnt have it.

this whole website is sharp... except for that one logo. which just so happens to be on every page. so if you guys like what ive done and feel like using it you can show your graditude by tossing me a paid account status or something.

-chad elmore

Old 04-21-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
diablohogs
i forgot the logo..lol. here it is.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg polished_logo.jpg (30.2 KB, 66 views)

Old 04-21-2005, 05:02 PM   #3
WebSlave
Actually I have asked a guy LONG ago to create an entirely new logo for me, but he has been busy with other things.

I don't know, how about a contest? A free Endowment level membership to the winner? Anyone interested in something like that?

But thanks for your retouch of the old logo. Let's see if we get any nibbles on this contest thing.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:22 PM   #4
KelliH
Thumbs up

Quote:
I don't know, how about a contest? A free Endowment level membership to the winner? Anyone interested in something like that?
That is a fantastic idea! I suck at designing logos, so I probably won't enter, but I bet others will.

Old 04-21-2005, 05:58 PM   #5
Intense Herpetoculture
Sounds like a good idea, any idea on the pixil specs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
Actually I have asked a guy LONG ago to create an entirely new logo for me, but he has been busy with other things.

But thanks for your retouch of the old logo. Let's see if we get any nibbles on this contest thing.

Old 04-21-2005, 06:23 PM   #6
leaftail
I'd definitely enter a contest like that. Give us some specs and lets get goin on this!

Old 04-21-2005, 07:01 PM   #7
diablohogs
yeah thats a great idea. we need specifications as far as file size (how many k), heigth, width, resolution, color scheme ect. but im game!

Old 04-21-2005, 07:20 PM   #8
WebSlave
Well, I'm not going to make it TOO easy on you! What I want is a suite of graphics images all incorporating the same basic layout and mofit. The logo graphic up in the upper left hand corner is 272x71 pixels. I would also want banner ads that I can use for advertising in 468x60 as well as 120x600 pixels. GIF or JPG files only.

For the official entry for the contest, we can limit the entries to just the logo graphic (272x71) to simplify things, but bear in mind the banner ads as well because I will want to show off your handiwork on other sites.

The basic motif should be representative of what this site is all about. Definitely animal related, with an emphasis on reptiles, simply because that is really what is going on here. I prefer classy over flashy. Quality over quantity.

I ran something like this over on my CornSnakes.com site a while back and it worked out pretty well. What I did was to set up a special forum for people to post their ideas in and get some feedback from myself and other viewers. Then when the cutoff date (to be determined) arrived, I pulled out all of the final entries and incorporated them into another forum where people could vote for each of the entries. That picked out the finalists. Then I selected the ONE out of those for the winner.

I think I still retained those forums, just took them off of public view, so I'll review the rules I used there and how I set it up.

Heck, maybe this will even be some fun!

Old 04-22-2005, 01:01 PM   #9
diablohogs
okay ive already started but i was wondering if you wanted a transparent background or if you would prefer it like the last one with the green/grey background.

Old 04-22-2005, 01:25 PM   #10
diablohogs
also where do we submit entries? ive already got a 4-up ready.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!