Friendly Arboreal Snakes?? - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-05-2012, 01:20 AM   #21
Utta
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbccjns View Post
I like the idea of a male red tail. Also, now that I see cage size can be much smaller than I thought, what size would you recommend for an adult red tail?
Adult male? Adult female? What locality? Dwarf? Colombian?

Old 05-05-2012, 01:28 AM   #22
abbccjns
*facepalm* sorry i forgot to include any detail lol. Columbian Red Tailed Boa and I don't really care the gender besides how I think anything over 8.5 feet would be quite large. I know that females are larger which is why I was thinking male, but I'm not sure how common the 10-12 footers are? So I guess while I'm asking it would be good to know the sizes for an adult male and an adult female's cage.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:30 AM   #23
abbccjns
Actually now that you mention the hog island, could you tell me the cage size for those as well? Those are also quite nice.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:35 AM   #24
AbsoluteApril
4x2x15+

Oldest largest male colombian I have is 14yrs old, he's about 6' and most likely less than 15lbs, eats a jumbo about once a month. Oldest 'dwarf' is an 11 yr old hog isle, he's maybe, maybe... 5' and gets a med or small once a month, he is in a 3x2x2.

edit - add pics, these are the ones I am talking about to give you an idea:

bci (old photo)

hog:

Old 05-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #25
abbccjns
Thanks for the information and pictures! Beautiful snakes by the way, I especially love the Hog.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:16 AM   #26
Utta
Is that your pure hog isle, April?

If you're going to do. Hog/dwarf locality, make sure you get it from a trusted name with lineage behind their animals.

Old 05-05-2012, 02:43 AM   #27
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Is that your pure hog isle, April?
yes, that's a pure hog isle line from Gus at Rio Bravo Reptiles. I also have another that is from Chad Duggin.

Old 05-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #28
hadenglock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
Info on GTP's and ETB's is really outdated. A GTP can be held. So can an emerald. A NEONATE shouldn't be held, but once it starts its ontogenesis, it can be handled.

Old 05-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #29
AbsoluteApril
the GTPs I had a long time ago were not very handlable however I've seen some that are

I know the pic isn't great but I've seen him at many shows and he has the GTP out for hours and it is very friendly and calm

I would not recommend an ETB (and deff not an ATB) as a 'friendly' tree snake, carpets are a good choice IMO

Old 05-05-2012, 04:02 PM   #30
abbccjns
Thank you for all of this info guys! It's been so helpful, and I'm glad to hear that the reputation GTPs have seemed to earned isn't as true as it seems. Actually I just happened to come across a man having to rehome his Red Tailed Boa in my state that's a 5 foot male who comes with his 125 gallon cage and everything in it, so I think I might go take a look at him if he is still available! What a coincidence lol. There's never too many reptiles being sold around where I am.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!