A video America needs. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:29 PM   #1
MikeCurtin
A video America needs.

Follow the link, watch the vid, turn the volume up and listen to the words. Our country needs to be defended against ALL enemies foreign AND domestic!

http://www.bornagainamerican.org/

Old 01-27-2009, 06:25 PM   #2
Wolfy-hound
As long as they avoid the "We must be Christian" part, it sounds like a grand idea to help inspire people to become active in their communitys.

Old 01-27-2009, 06:56 PM   #3
MikeCurtin
Nothing about Christianity in the vid...it's about the rejuvenation of an American spirit which has been lost as of late.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
Wolfy-hound
"My Bible and the bill of rights"
Capitalization theirs.
It's very minor, I agree, looks like a worthy group.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
Uroboros
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
"My Bible and the bill of rights"
Capitalization theirs.
It's very minor, I agree, looks like a worthy group.
To be fair, in the "Read the words" link, it has the Bill of Rights properly capitalized, however where my government and my Constitution are concerned, the bible has no place near either one of them.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:47 PM   #6
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
The Bible belongs right there~ our founding Fathers put it there.

In God We Trust

But I'm pretty out and out disgusted with America right now. Bible thumper's and atheists. alike

Old 01-27-2009, 08:15 PM   #7
MikeCurtin
How did I not see the impending controversy??

Perhaps this is the problem?

The establishment clause was put there to prevent the government from establishing or endorsing a specific religion or prohibiting the practice of any religion of your choice. This is a case of private citizens singing about the important things that guide them in an effort to inspire others to stand up and help this country reach it potential of greatness.

Well, here we are...Oh! No! They mentioned a bible! The bible is/was not the central theme of that video. We need to stop concentrating on that which divides us.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:20 PM   #8
Wolfy-hound
I'm sorry that I don't blindly endorse something becuase it has a 'feel good" theme.
Like I said, I want to be sure it's not a Christians First organization before I put MY support into it. I looked at the "Pledge" and it doesn't mention bibles, or religion, and I will be looking into it further, as I think it's a good concept.
Freedom OF religion is also Freedom FROM Religion. I want to support the country, not a church.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:47 PM   #9
Mokele
So....what exactly does this site accomplish beyond making people feel good about themselves and selling T-shirts?

Old 01-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #10
Wolfy-hound
It's supposed to get people to volunteer in their community, to stay aware of legislation that is up for votes, and to overall become part of the country, instead of sticking their head in the sand and just whining that "the place is going down the tubes".
In theory.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!