Bad Guy Rodney Boalich of Clearfield, PA. "Purple retic guy" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:03 AM   #1
Slyther83
Rodney Boalich of Clearfield, PA. "Purple retic guy"

I fed my new 3 foot purple retic two fuzzy mice and an inch of his intestine is now hanging out. Rodney told me he prolapsed 2 months ago because he overfed him, however if that much time had passed his intestine wouldn't have popped out from a ridiculously small meal.

I am now taking this little guy to a vet 45m away during my workday where I am going to pay $80 + whatever procedures and medication will be necessary.

My snake also came with mites that Rodney apparently already knew were spreading around his collection, but failed to tell me until confronted about it.

He knew this snake had problems and lied on both accounts. The only thing I'm happy about is being able to give a good healthy life to this snake that was being raised so poorly.

Old 03-09-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Slyther83

Prolapsed rectum

Old 03-09-2011, 12:49 AM   #3
Tigger the Tiger
WOW..... It doesn't surprize me though, considering that he sells babies right out of the egg, without even making sure that they are eating.

Old 03-09-2011, 02:11 AM   #4
anaconda420
OMG that poor retic. i never seen anything like that. I seen his snakes in person and there always top notch. Rodney is a good guy to deal with and im sure you will get this taken care of.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:29 AM   #5
starquestjoe
tigger have you dealth with rodney before? do you own a snake from him? you breed retics?

Slyther83, you dont treat a new everytime you bring one home?

i treat every new snake to my collection. i dont care who its from

i own a purple from rodney, and no problems here. i have talked to him on the phone, and in person. Great guy to deal with, and very goin.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:51 AM   #6
detretic
Great you had a good transaction with him but what about this guy? Selling snakes. Before they eat a few times is kinda crazy to me but selling one with a blown out rear end just takes the cake...this guy should be refunded his money

Old 03-09-2011, 04:28 AM   #7
Tigger the Tiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by starquestjoe View Post
tigger have you dealth with rodney before? do you own a snake from him? you breed retics?

Slyther83, you dont treat a new everytime you bring one home?

i treat every new snake to my collection. i dont care who its from

i own a purple from rodney, and no problems here. i have talked to him on the phone, and in person. Great guy to deal with, and very goin.
Yes, I do breed retics. And let me tell you, I would NEVER send out a snake that has not even had it's first meal to ANYONE. I have dealt with Rodney only one time, and he sent me an albino tiger with severe RI. The snake was "coughing" up mucus with blood in it. And when confronted about it, he made it seem as if he was doing me a favor by helping. He was told that it is a felony in the state of PA to perform and or practice veterinary medicine without a license, then he got mad because the snake was taken to a vet and not shipped back to him so that HE could inject the snake with meds

Old 03-09-2011, 04:30 AM   #8
Tigger the Tiger
But this thread is not about my horrible dealing with Rodeny, it about the OP's. It is very evident that Rodney lack proper quarintine as his collection was infested with mites from 2 other snakes that should have been nowhere near his collection. He then sells the OP a snake that has had a history of prolapse........

Old 03-09-2011, 07:51 AM   #9
SteeleReptiles
Hmm I have been watching closely waiting for his purples to hatch out was going to purchase a female from him but Mites and a prolapse is usually something you would share with the buyer before sold. Ive had a burm prolapse on me once and it was not cheap to fix

Old 03-09-2011, 08:02 AM   #10
Matt2979
Robert, according to the screen-shot of your FB conversation, he said that if there was a problem, he would replace the snake. Did he decide not to back-up that statement??

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!