Rip Off's at it again!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-15-2004, 07:36 PM   #1
chainsaw
Angry Rip Off's at it again!!

Here's a new one I got today,same old scam though!! Last week it was someone claiming to have been a former member of an African harem?!LMFAO!! Before that it was "Dr.Wisdom"from africa,and before that.....well,you get the idea. Anyway,here's the e-mail. Enjoy,Roger Harris

GOOD DAY,MY NAME IS JAMES BROWN,I HAIL FROM FRANCE & AM INTERESTED IN
BUYING { Hyper-Reduced Pattern Ball Pythons *Genetic},GET BACK TO ME
WITH THE FINAL ASKING PRICE
AND ALSO THE LATEST CONDITION.CASHIERS CHECK IS THE PAYMENT METHOD,I
AWAIT YOUR SOONEST RESPONSE AS SOON TODAY.
RAY.

Old 10-15-2004, 07:43 PM   #2
Neil Gubitz
I just got one of them today for EVERY Colubrid ad I have on-line right now (5 in total).... Any time I get one of these now, I have been giving them a three-word reply.... GFY !!

And they STILL keep sending them.... go figure....

Neil

Old 10-15-2004, 07:54 PM   #3
Vince
lol james brown. does anybody even fall for these things? seems like there is a new one every week.

Old 10-15-2004, 07:55 PM   #4
chainsaw
Talking Try this!

Hey Neil,You should send them an E-mail like this:

"Hello,my name is Luke Skywalker,and I hail from planet MF.I am very interested in your( Go F@%*k Yourself)I would like to purchase,payment in wooden nickels.Please ge back to me about yor(Go F@%*k Yourself) as soon as today.
Thank you,Darth Vader

Ha! Ha! Ha!

Old 10-15-2004, 08:24 PM   #5
Neil Gubitz
Roger.... that will just confuse him because you say your name is Luke Skywalker, but you sign it Darth Vader??.... You should just have him forward it to Princess Leah!!....lol

A couple of months back, in another thread like this, I posted that I once sent back a reply like this (to paraphrase)....

Dear Sir,
I'm expecting a cashiere's check from a friend of mine in South Africa who's going to be sending me a sizeable amount.... I will have him forward it to you, and when you get it, send me the difference in a Postal Money Order and I will send you the snakes....

What gets me is the fact that if nobody ever believed them, they wouldn't continue to do it, so, it's obvious that SOMEONE was stupid enough to actually follow through with it and get burned big time!

Neil

Old 10-15-2004, 10:16 PM   #6
LindaH
They always ask me for information that is clearly already IN the ad or available at a link provided.......

I always write back and tell them the information they need can be found at this link: http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/ There is a group of folks that enjoy messing with these scammers. This site is one of the most "out there".

Linda Hedgpeth

Old 10-16-2004, 12:00 AM   #7
KolleenJ
Got 2 e-mails again from these people today....they just wont give up.

E-mail addy#1 pama_lee116@yahoo.fr

E-mail-GOOD DAY,I AM INTERSTED IN BUYING YOUR{CB 2001 Sorong female}I WILL WANT YOU TO MAIL ME HOW FAST IT IS AND THE FINAL ASKING PRICE.AND MY METHOD OF PAYMENT IS CASHIER CHECK.GET BACK TO ME AS SOON AS POSSIBILE TODAY.THANKS
PAMA LEE

Addy #2-poliworld@lycos.com

E-mail- GOOD DAY,MY NAME IS JAMES BROWN,I HAIL FROM FRANCE & AM INTERESTED IN
BUYING {CH 2001 1200+ Gram Female Reduced, Banded, Woma? Ball*PICS},GET BACK TO ME WITH THE FINAL ASKING PRICE
AND ALSO THE LATEST CONDITION.CASHIERS CHECK IS THE PAYMENT METHOD,I
AWAIT YOUR SOONEST RESPONSE AS SOON TODAY.
RAY.

I mean REALLY!!! Sheesh...

Kolleen Jenks

Old 10-16-2004, 12:48 PM   #8
craig kade
I just got a m/o the other day from these guys, then came the send the money quick email. I told him I would send the money as soon as the animal was p/u. Never heard from him again. Craig

Old 10-16-2004, 02:48 PM   #9
Vince
can you post a photo of the money order, I was just wondering how fake these things look or if they are believable

Old 10-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #10
craig kade
I am sorry, it is a check not a m/o. They are VERY real looking. The bank would cash it in a heartbeat. Problem is, they would figure it out, and you would pay. Craig

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!