Ridgeway Reptiles Inc. Bad, Bad Guys - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:23 AM   #1
sam4snakes
Thumbs down Ridgeway Reptiles Inc. Bad, Bad Guys

I purchased a Dumerils Boa from these BAD GUYS at an expo in Tallahassee Fl a month or so ago. I have not been able to get him to eat. After further review, Shame on me, but I realized that I have NEVER seen him flick his tongue...EVER. I have since e-mailed and left messages asking for help in getting him to eat, NO ANSWER BACK. I explained that I was not asking for a refund or anything, just for some help to take care of this poor little guy...NOTHING. These folks are out of Port Charlotte, Florida and are not good breeders to buy from. I just hope that no one else has the frustrating experience that I have had.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:34 AM   #2
sam4snakes
Am I wrong or expecting to much to think I deserve at least a reply from these guys???

Old 01-14-2005, 01:48 AM   #3
Joejr14
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam4snakes
Am I wrong or expecting to much to think I deserve at least a reply from these guys???

Hey, I was at the expo myself and I dont recall seeing Ridgeway Reptiles Inc at the show. I'm not saying they werent because obviously you bought from them.

Did you get a guarantee from them at the expo? I'm going to go ahead and email them and let them know that this thread exisits, and encourage them to come deal with the situation.

Old 01-14-2005, 01:56 AM   #4
Joejr14
They have been notified

Subj:

Ridgeway Reptiles, Inc--thread about you on Fauna Classifieds
Date:

1/14/2005 1:55:29 AM Eastern Standard Time

Click here to send a message.Joejr14
To:

Click here to send a message.ridgewayreptilesinc@ewol.com

Hello.

This is just a heads up that a thread has been started on the Board of Inquiry regarding a deal that you did with someone at the Tallahassee Reptile Expo back on Dec 11th and 12th.

The link to the thread is as follows:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=61729

The jist of the thread thusfar is that someone bought Dumerils Boa from you and he has been unable to get it to eat. Apparently he has tried to contact you several times but has been unable to get a response.

I would encourage you to come respond to this thread as soon as possible to clear any issues up.

Thanks,
Joseph Cala

Keep As New
Delete
Print Preview

1 of 86 Next Message

Old 01-14-2005, 02:51 AM   #5
shannon
Thumbs down Yeah,It doesn't suprise me.

I bought a male hypo bullsnake two years ago at the daytona show from them and it was sick and ended up dead probably a month down the road.My buddy Billy was there with me and bought a killer looking pine and it was sick also and gave him all kinds of problems and died of coarse.We e-mailed and tried to work things out but a sale is a sale with them and they even said yeah we had some sick snakes but thats just the way it goes or some **** like that.

Billy knows the story better.I just skip the both now and can't believe they are still around when they treat people like that.They look like the two guys that are hired to keep an eye on the white bat on ace ventura "when nature calls"and maybe thats them?

Anyways,I would never buy anything from them or from a four both radious of them?

L8r shannon brown

Old 01-14-2005, 04:39 AM   #6
Mike Greathouse
Sam,
What type of food have you been offering the Dumerils? I have found that many young Dumerils will only eat rat pinks and will show no interst in mice. Email me privately and I'll be happy to try and help you get it going.

Best of luck,

Old 01-14-2005, 07:17 PM   #7
DISCERN
yes.....my experience with them sucked as well...

I created a post about Ridgeway Reptiles after the snake I purchased from them died. Check this link:http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...geway+Reptiles

In a nutshell,

Me and my buddy Shannon both found killer snakes at the Ridgeway Reptiles booth at the Daytona show in 2003. I purchased an albino Southern pine, and he got a TX. hypo bull. I paid $125 for it.

Shannon's bull regurgitated cottage cheese looking crap after he had it home and quarantined. My pine was a good eater AND a good puker...unfortunately.

I called Zelph ( owner of Ridgeway ) and he said he would be honest with me. He then told me that my albino Southern was in the same rack as two rat snakes that were sick and he had to treat with Flagyl. Sometimes when a snake wouldn't eat the rat pink/chub he would throw in, he would take it out and feed the next snake in the next cage, as to not waste it. He said that because of that, that may have been why my snake got sick, due to cross contamination.

Very nice that he was that honest. Great.............

Well....after my albino Southern withered, she had tried to shed, and as I was helping her shed, she died in my hands. Very sucky experience.

I then emailed Zelph, very politely and nicely, and he offered $100 credit towards any snake off of their site ( which by the way...hardly any snake was under $100 to begin with ) but I had to pay for postage....and also he offered me a hybrid grayband. Talk about being kicked in the nuts......

I asked for money back...even asked for HALF of what I paid...he refused.

So...yes...Ridgeway are very bad. Heck....my whole freakin collection was put in jeopardy!

Check out that link...I did post quotes..it is all there.

Take care!

Billy Fraser

Old 01-17-2005, 06:08 PM   #8
ReptileRay
I do not know anything about this snake deal but I live in the same town with Zelph Ridgeway and have purchased several snakes from him over the years and cant say I had any bad dealings with him. He has been in the snake business for over 10 yrs and anyone can tell he is at tampa and daytona shows everytime. I think its more of an issue of him not getting his email rather than saying he will not back his snakes up. This is a guy that has albino retics, albino boa's, albino ball pythons, and you guys think he is going to not take care of a dumerils boa? I know him better than that and will call him and let him know this is on here so he can reply himself. He works full time in port charlotte and since christmas and hurricane charlie nobody is back to normal. Good luck guys and I will call him to let him know he needs to find out whats going on.

Old 01-18-2005, 07:47 PM   #9
sam4snakes
Thanks Ray,
Like I said, I am not looking for anything from him but a reply and maybe some advice.

Old 01-18-2005, 08:14 PM   #10
ms_terese
Quote:
I think its more of an issue of him not getting his email rather than saying he will not back his snakes up.
Actually, if you read Billy's thread, it has nothing to do with him not getting his email and everything to do with him not backing his snakes up. Sam mentioned in this post that he's emailed and left messages, so I would think that unless he can't get email or his answering machine, it's intentional.
Quote:
This is a guy that has albino retics, albino boa's, albino ball pythons, and you guys think he is going to not take care of a dumerils boa?
Owning expensive animals has no bearing on someone's reputation as a seller. There are lots of scammers out there that made enough money to buy high end snakes by ripping people off. I'm not stating that's the case with Ridgeway, just explaining why his collection is irrelevant.
Quote:
I called Zelph ( owner of Ridgeway ) and he said he would be honest with me. He then told me that my albino Southern was in the same rack as two rat snakes that were sick and he had to treat with Flagyl. Sometimes when a snake wouldn't eat the rat pink/chub he would throw in, he would take it out and feed the next snake in the next cage, as to not waste it. He said that because of that, that may have been why my snake got sick, due to cross contamination.
Hmmm. This, on the other hand, is pretty indicative of the care he gives animals.

Let's see, he was emailed about this 4 days ago, and someone has called him about it as well. I'm sure he'll show up soon and give his side, even though he didn't do that in the other thread.

Good luck getting this one resolved. I hope some on here can help you get the Dum eating. Too late for the other people whose snakes didn't make it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!