Ridgeway Reptiles Inc. Bad, Bad Guys - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #11
plizardman
I'm curious to see how (or if) Ridgeway responds to this thread, but I am responding to a more immediate question. I don't know what the meaning of the snake not using it's tongue is (unless through defect or accident it does not have one), but I agree oft times nothing picks up a baby dumerils appetite like a live pink or fuzzy rat. Another issue is that often at this time of year they go off their feed and don't start again till spring. That is what I notice up here in the north, although things may be different in sunny Florida. I don't worry about mine and they don't seem to incur any noticable weight loss over the winter fast. I have bred mine for 3 years now and have noticed this with babies each year. In fact, I have a few left overs that I just hang on to rather than sell over the winter when internet buyers will be agonizing over imagined feeding problems, and calling me every week. They don't need the worry and I don't need the aggravation. I'll sell in spring when they eat anything that moves. Hope your problem is just a seasonal thing. Good luck.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:29 AM   #12
ReptileRay
ms_terese

First off Ms Terese , I dont know you and dont want to judge you but I could pick apart post if I wanted to word it however also. I am not taking sides and just wanted to add that it sounded like a communication problem to me. As far as him coming here and sticking up for himself I cant say for sure but can tell you this. We live in port charlotte florida were hurricane Charlie totaly crushed our town , That is no excuse but Zelph along with myself work in construction. We dont just sell snakes we also work 70 hr week jobs. SAM , I see you live in florida also and sure you see him at all the shows. I hope you get this resolved and wish you luck. I am waiting on some snakes and can only tell you his cages are clean, he has all freedom breeder cages for rats ($$$$) and alot of big high dollar breeders. Its not the amount I am just saying this is no fly by night guy selling corn snakes and dumerils. He has a huge collection of snakes and wish you guys could get this worked out.......thats all ! Just trying to stick up for what I know of him and would do that for anyone else I know is good! Sam, my email is swbore@earthlink.net keep in touch and let me know what happens .

Old 01-20-2005, 01:24 AM   #13
ms_terese
Ray,

I'm not picking apart posts, I'm simply pointing out reasonable interpretations based on what's been stated in the thread.

I think it's good that you've come on here to post, because you've given the forum additional information about Zelph's history and some possible explanations of what might be causing the communication problems.

Were you able to reach him to let him know that Sam is having trouble?

Old 01-20-2005, 04:33 AM   #14
DAND
Imho

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileRay
Zelph along with myself work in construction. We dont just sell snakes we also work 70 hr week jobs.

he has all freedom breeder cages for rats ($$$$) and alot of big high dollar breeders. Its not the amount I am just saying this is no fly by night guy selling corn snakes and dumerils. He has a huge collection of snakes.
Ray,

Seventy hour work weeks and a huge collection of snakes sounds like there is a good chance there isn't enough time to do both. I used to work construction and know that after a 10 hour day I wanted to do nothing more than take a shower and relax. It would take a really dedicated person to come home after a 10 hour work day to make sure the cleaning/maintaining snake cages/tubs and breeding/cleaning up after rodents was done. This person who can't reply to an e-mail from a customer with problem snake that was purchased from him does not sound like too dedicated of a person to me.

Old 01-25-2005, 10:12 PM   #15
sam4snakes
ReptileRay...

Did you ever get in contact with Zelph?? I have neither recieved an e-mail from him or seen him answer this post. I also work 65+ hours a week, but when someone e-mails or calls me I certainly find time to respond!!! I manage a LARGE(over 100,000 sq ft, over $40 million) retail store. Yes, I understand busy(my store services over 3500 customers every day,) but I also understand customer service. No matter how busy I am, I NEVER put a customer off and ignore them...NEVER!!! Thanks for trying to contact him for me, but I just wanted you to know that there has been no response. I am sure that I will see him at reptile shows in the future and will have the opportunity to question him on his business practices. Who knows, I may even have the opportunity to let some of his potential customers know what a stand up guy he is...who knows.

Thanks
Sam

Old 01-31-2005, 02:51 PM   #16
sam4snakes
Well, Well...Suprise, suprise...

Still no response from Mr. Ridgeway or from ReptileRay. Snake is still alive, still no tongue flick or eating. I am close to trying to force feed him a pinky...I am just worried of the stress it would cause. I have tried everything everyone had suggested to no avail. What does everyone think of forcefeeding a pinky??

Thanks
Sam

Old 01-31-2005, 05:17 PM   #17
MarcAntony
Several years ago I purchased a Dumeril's Boa that I couldn't get to eat. After all other options, I tried a f/t chick. I left it in the enclosure overnight, and the next morning it was gone. I did this 3 more times, after which I tried a f/t rat pink. It ate that, and was on rats from that point until I sold it about a year later. This Dum apparently needed a chick to "prime" it's eating response.

Old 01-31-2005, 07:13 PM   #18
The BoidSmith
Sam,

Is the temperature and the gradient right in her enclosure?

Regards.

Old 09-14-2005, 04:14 PM   #19
boamaster
Ii bought an albino boa baby from them .
doing great.
bob clark bought 20 albino's boas from him . a few weeks ago at daytona.
my buddy bought 2 adult gtp's ,had mites on them,but they're alright?
here's thier # 1-941-255-0602
zelph seems like an ok guy to me ? don't know ?

Old 09-14-2005, 09:54 PM   #20
Cat_72
Selling snakes with mites is OK....?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!