Ridiculous Reptiles (INQUIRY) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-11-2006, 04:56 PM   #1
Pink Lady Exotics
Ridiculous Reptiles (INQUIRY)

I'm considering purchasing 2 big breeder-size females from him and am just curious if anyone has done business with him? The prices he has them at are lower than I've seen girls for that size go for, so it raised a red flag in my mind. Especially because he says they are eating regularly and are healthy. He sent pics so I've seen the animals...but there's no guarantee those are the animals I'll recieve. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Old 06-11-2006, 05:03 PM   #2
varnyard
Yea, I contacted them about a breeding trio of Argentine tegus they have on KS. I too would like to know about them. Has anyone ever dealt with them?
Here is the ad that I am looking at. http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=414795

Thanks in advance.

Old 06-11-2006, 05:08 PM   #3
Neil Gubitz
So tell me if I'm wrong here....

You two would CONSIDER sending $1000 (or more) to a guy that gives NO name, NO address, NO pictures in the ad, and writes like THIS??....

....i have a trio group two females one male
breed for many years and still going
will sell for 1,000.00 plus shipping
all them over 4 1/2 ft
serious buyers only will get pics
thk you....

I know, I know.... the price is just SOOOO good, you can't resist, right??

When will you guys ever learn.... good luck!!

Neil

Old 06-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #4
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
So tell me if I'm wrong here....

You two would CONSIDER sending $1000 (or more) to a guy that gives NO name, NO address, NO pictures in the ad, and writes like THIS??....

....i have a trio group two females one male
breed for many years and still going
will sell for 1,000.00 plus shipping
all them over 4 1/2 ft
serious buyers only will get pics
thk you....

I know, I know.... the price is just SOOOO good, you can't resist, right??

When will you guys ever learn.... good luck!!

Neil
To tell you the truth, the price is not that great, at just over $300.00 each plus shipping. But breeding size females are hard to find.

And as for the rest, well that is why I am asking if anyone has dealt with them before I would even think of sending them $1,000.00, Thus the reason for this Inquiry.

Old 06-11-2006, 05:18 PM   #5
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
...well that is why I am asking if anyone has dealt with them before I would even think of sending them $1,000.00, Thus the reason for this Inquiry.
Exactly.

Old 06-11-2006, 07:04 PM   #6
gmherps
Isn't posting of links prohibited and against the TOS here?

Old 06-11-2006, 07:52 PM   #7
Pink Lady Exotics
No. I just re-read the entire BOI rules thread and the only thing mentioned pertaining to links is that if you're using one as a support to your claim, it could end up being deleted on the other website and therefore leaving a dead link here. It was "strongly suggested" that any info needed as claim support be copy/pasted or posted as a screen shot image to prevent the loss of info.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:05 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
A while ago they posted a CB "possible axanthic" for sale. Here's the thread:

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ulous+axanthic

In my opinion if it's a CB they should know if it's or not an axanthic. Although spontaneous mutations from two normal balls bred together can occurr, what are the odds?

As for the present ad of a 1.2 trio of adult balls for $1,000? I'll have to pass on that one. The male is probably worth $100 shipped at best, leaving two "potential" females of unknwown origin for $450 a piece. Not worth the risk IMO; as Jennifer very well stated too many red flags...

Regards.

Old 06-11-2006, 08:16 PM   #9
Pink Lady Exotics
Sorry, I didn't know there was another thread on this guy. I did a search, but that one didn't come up. I'm nixing this idea then...they always say, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." Thanks guys!

Old 06-12-2006, 12:16 AM   #10
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmherps
Isn't posting of links prohibited and against the TOS here?
Greg, during your “vacation” Rich made a few changes in the rules. It’s still frowned upon but no warning points are given for it anymore. This is the new rule regarding links.

Quote:
Addendum #1
Posting links to information on other websites.

As many of you know, quite a few other websites habitually and regularly will delete information on their sites for any number of reasons. If you are using that information to make your case about something you have posted on the BOI, once the source has been deleted, not only do we now have a dead link on this site, but all of the evidence you were offering is NOW gone. If that made up the sum total of your case you brought here, you are now just SOL.

As such, although it is not currently a requirement, it is STRONGLY suggested that you cut and paste or screen capture any such information you want to post from another site, and place that information here within the thread you have posted. I will often reluctantly allow you to provide the link to it, but you would be wise to understand the capriciousness that some other site owners and moderators exhibit towards the messages that other people may post on their own websites. Do us all a favor by not wasting our time by providing links to information that may be fleeting on those other sites. The BOI has from the start been designed and intended to be a PERMANENT repository of information. Please don't defeat this purpose by making the information you provide completely dependent upon the owner of another website.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!