Ridiculous Reptiles (INQUIRY) - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:34 PM   #21
The BoidSmith
Neil,

In the quote below is post #346 of the thread http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...8&page=70&pp=5
now closed (the bolding in the quote is mine).

Quote:
And I've also come to learn that the one person that tried helping him and sticking up for him Sal has screwed over. I know Neil wouldn't post this, but hey, Sal hates me anyway......Sal lied to Neil, stole from him. and owes HIM money....

Luckily Neil moved out of that house, because that's not a place you want to be when the shit storm hits. Good move Neil....apparently no one can live with him. And I guess his excuse now for ripping people off and not paying them back will come from Karma saying "We can't afford it with the baby on the way"......
You were told hundreds of times that you would get burnt. You nevertheless stubbornly went ahead and defended time and again this individual and even went into business with him. Seven years? This was posted on 02-06-2006 at 05:43 PM. Who should we believe, Alison or you?

It’s enough to point out the inconsistencies of an ad, or the track record of a company or individual without trying to belittle the poster in the process.

Regards.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:01 PM   #22
gmherps
Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard
So Greg, I take it you have never dealt with them, right? So therefore you have nothing but an opinion, right? You might try reading the whole thread, I do think you missed something. Enough said.

Wake up, this is a inquiry to see if people that have dealt with them. So, maybe there have been others that have dealt with them. That is what this is about, not that ad.

No I have not dealt with them. With ads like that it's pretty self explanatory whether or not they are the people to be dealing with.

Exactly what am I missing Bobby???? The seller spells like a third grader, no name, no other identifying info, just an ad with a price really.

Like I said, pony up the $$$$ and find out for us all what type of traders these people are.

I'll go with my instinct here and say they are not to be dealt with

I do love my opinions Bobby.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:03 PM   #23
Neil Gubitz
For the last time, I am NOT trying to belittle ANYONE.... I am simply very frustrated that this particular incedent happens ALL THE TIME.... No matter how many times we (as a group) tell them to think about it first.... But as soon as the next GREAT DEAL comes around, here we go again.... All I'm TRYING to do is get people to stop being so GREEDY every time there are dollar signs flashed in their eyes, because that's all it is, and that's all it will EVER be.... You hear the same phrase over and over again.... If it sounds to good to be true, yada yada yada, yet, nobody ever listens.... Excuse me if my writing style is very belligerent at times, it's just the frustration setting in, because I TRULY want to help the people that might not know.... There are people on here that just don't like me, and wouldn't agree with me if I said the sun sets in the west.... again, I couldn't care less, and my advice isn't for them anyway.... it's for the novice that DOES have a brain in their head and CAN understand what I'm saying and KNOWS that I'm RIGHT!! (in this case, at least).... For the rest of them.... so what, they'll do whatever they want anyway, and mainly just to spite me.... who cares, certainly not me.... And when it comes to ads, if they can't write the English language, and they're AMERICAN, and they don't have the capability to put a picture in their ad, or their NAME in their ad, or a lousy PHONE NUMBER in their ad, it stops ME from doing business with them, just too many red flags, but, obviously, there are a lot of people that just want that animal so badly (or the ILLUSION of that animal), that they will take the slightest indication that the guy is good, just so they can justify giving it a shot.... that's a bad guy post just waiting to be written.... it's just too bad you can't put my advice past your feelings for me, personally, but, that's your prerogative....

And what does Sal have to do with this.... I haven't seen him or spoken to him in MONTHS, and that's JUST the way I want to keep it.... I don't even know the name of their kid, and that's ALSO the way I want to keep it, because, at this point, I couldn't care less....
And Alison should be a guru, she hit the nail on the head, but I was just blinded by (so-called) friendship.... but, that's the way you learn, by your mistakes.... it won't happen again (at least with me)....

Neil

Old 06-12-2006, 10:09 PM   #24
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmherps
No I have not dealt with them. With ads like that it's pretty self explanatory whether or not they are the people to be dealing with.

Exactly what am I missing Bobby???? The seller spells like a third grader, no name, no other identifying info, just an ad with a price really.

Like I said, pony up the $$$$ and find out for us all what type of traders these people are.

I'll go with my instinct here and say they are not to be dealt with

I do love my opinions Bobby.
Once again Greg, your actions speak volumes about yourself. As for your instincts, well they tend to be basic at best. See, I have opinions as well.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:16 PM   #25
Cat_72
You know Neil.....the whole reason for even DOING an inquiry here is to find out if anyone has any information. Yes, the ad sent up red flags, but poor grammar and such doesn't necessarily mean it's a scammer. If you do a search, it's just POSSIBLE that some good folks on here can confirm either way, and help you to make a decision on whether or not to reply to the ad. Some folks just don't have the writing skills some of us are blessed with, and perhaps don't know that it's "proper" in Neil's book of kosher ads to have your complete name listed in every ad. That's why we come to ask if anyone knows them, or has any history on them. That's the whole theory behind the BOI, is it not?

It certainly sounds "belittling" to me when you are saying things like, "if they have a brain in their head".

Old 06-12-2006, 10:23 PM   #26
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
For the last time, I am NOT trying to belittle ANYONE.... I am simply very frustrated that this particular incedent happens ALL THE TIME.... No matter how many times we (as a group) tell them to think about it first.... But as soon as the next GREAT DEAL comes around, here we go again.... All I'm TRYING to do is get people to stop being so GREEDY every time there are dollar signs flashed in their eyes, because that's all it is, and that's all it will EVER be.... You hear the same phrase over and over again.... If it sounds to good to be true, yada yada yada, yet, nobody ever listens.... Excuse me if my writing style is very belligerent at times, it's just the frustration setting in, because I TRULY want to help the people that might not know.... There are people on here that just don't like me, and wouldn't agree with me if I said the sun sets in the west.... again, I couldn't care less, and my advice isn't for them anyway.... it's for the novice that DOES have a brain in their head and CAN understand what I'm saying and KNOWS that I'm RIGHT!! (in this case, at least).... For the rest of them.... so what, they'll do whatever they want anyway, and mainly just to spite me.... who cares, certainly not me.... And when it comes to ads, if they can't write the English language, and they're AMERICAN, and they don't have the capability to put a picture in their ad, or their NAME in their ad, or a lousy PHONE NUMBER in their ad, it stops ME from doing business with them, just too many red flags, but, obviously, there are a lot of people that just want that animal so badly (or the ILLUSION of that animal), that they will take the slightest indication that the guy is good, just so they can justify giving it a shot.... that's a bad guy post just waiting to be written.... it's just too bad you can't put my advice past your feelings for me, personally, but, that's your prerogative....

And what does Sal have to do with this.... I haven't seen him or spoken to him in MONTHS, and that's JUST the way I want to keep it.... I don't even know the name of their kid, and that's ALSO the way I want to keep it, because, at this point, I couldn't care less....
And Alison should be a guru, she hit the nail on the head, but I was just blinded by (so-called) friendship.... but, that's the way you learn, by your mistakes.... it won't happen again (at least with me)....

Neil
Thats just it, this is not about you. You had your say on this, but you did not bring anything to the table we did not already know. Once again this was a INQUIRY about this person, not for your opinion of what you would do, or where your opinion stands.

Is it just me, or is this way off topic?

Old 06-12-2006, 10:26 PM   #27
Neil Gubitz
It's ok, Cathy.... this is America.... you can give your money to any grammar school dropout you want.... I'll take a pass, though....

Neil

Old 06-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #28
Cat_72
Neil.......you missed the whole point of my post.

I'm not saying I would recommend buying from them, I'm just saying that belittling people for making an inquiry here defeats the whole purpose of the BOI. Is that so tough to understand?

Old 06-12-2006, 10:41 PM   #29
Neil Gubitz
Cathy.... it seems it's YOU that doesn't understand.... It is NOT the fact that they made a simple inquiry on here, it's the REASON they made their inquiry.... They didn't make it just to see about this guy's reputation.... They made it because of what the ad SAID.... It was a deal too good to be true, and there went those dollar signs again....
Cathy, PLEASE read my responses again, and read them with THAT thought in mind??....

The other stuff is just my personal feeling about very poorly written ads....

Neil

Old 06-12-2006, 10:42 PM   #30
varnyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
It's ok, Cathy.... this is America.... you can give your money to any grammar school dropout you want.... I'll take a pass, though....

Neil
She did Neil. I have dealt with her twice. Both times she never got scammed.

For your information I had to quit school at the age of almost 16. My father left my family when I was 7 and my mother died of cancer when I was almost 16. My mother and father never kept in touch with my aunts, uncles or anyone else that was family. So I never knew any of my other family except my mother and father. I had a choice to either go into foster care, or quit school and go to work. Well anyone that knows me, knows good and well what choice I would make.

Maybe that is the reason it turns my stomach when people start bashing people that never got the chance some of us did. Does this make that person dirt? You be the judge.

I am not looking for someone to feel sorry for me, I just wanted to prove a point as to why some people are not the greatest with grammar.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!