Ridiculous Reptiles (INQUIRY) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-12-2006, 11:00 PM   #31
Neil Gubitz
Bobby... What are you talking about??.... YOU WRITE VERY WELL.... If there was something YOU had that I wanted, I would have no problem dealing with you.... That's what I mean.... it makes no difference how you were raised, or who you were raised with (or without).... YOU LEARNED VERY WELL ENGLISH AND MORE GOODER GRAMMAR.... Why shouldn't I, and especially you, EXPECT THAT from the people of AMERICA??....

I could go on for hours on THIS topic, but I'll give it a rest so as not to go too far off topic....

Neil

Old 06-13-2006, 12:31 AM   #32
Pink Lady Exotics
Angry

Wow guys, I didn't make this thread for it to turn into some big immature fight over grammar and whatnot. I have friends that are extremely intelligent and educated, but can't type worth a damn, never use punctuation or capital letters, and misspell just about everything. That doesn't mean anything at all and doesn't say anything about a person's reliability and trustworthyness. What does intelligence have to do with either of those? I know people that aren't the brightest crayon in the box but still would give you the shirt off their back. My youngest brother has a learning disability and stuggles in school...but he would help you do ANYTHING and you wouldn't even have to ask him. Open the door for you, help you carry in groceries, lend you $5 without worrying if you pay him back...he isn't the only person out there like that.

I created this thread not because of some ad (there was no ad), but because of e-mails back and forth between myself and the seller. His grammar may not have been the best and he may not include his full name and phone number...but that never sent a red flag up in my mind. The only red flags were that I'd never heard of him before (but every day I'm still learning of new big-name breeders too), and that his prices were a bit below what I've been seeing lately. That doesn't necessarily make it a scam. Is it a scam when WalMart sells Hydroxycut for $19.99 while HEB and other stores sell it for $27.99? No, it just means not everyone feels the need to price things high. Those 2 red flags are WHY I ASKED ABOUT HIM instead of just sending off my money. Excuse the hell out of me for being cautious.

As I said in the beginning, he sent me pictures of the animals we were discussing. I just wanted to utilize this forum before doing business with him to see if anyone else has. I thought that's what this was for and the whole reason behind me becoming a paid member, but apparently I was mistaken. It's for name-calling and making people new to this hobby feel ashamed of asking questions.

Old 06-13-2006, 12:39 AM   #33
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Gubitz
Why shouldn't I, and especially you, EXPECT THAT from the people of AMERICA
Because "good ol' America" is a country of many different immigrants that learned English as a second language and aren't too proficient at writing/typing/speaking it. Because "good ol' America" is a country that says it's OK for immigrants and people of other nationalities to not learn our official language. How are we saying it's OK? By taking up half the back of a tube of diaper cream to re-print directions and ingredients in Spanish/French/German/etc...and oddly enough, the second language instructions take up MORE space than the English instructions, therefore using more ink and plastic...and we wonder why things cost so much nowadays?

But this is absolutely not the forum to discuss this in.

If no one can give any references on Ridiculous Reptiles, then Varnyard and I will have to either take the risk or leave it alone. Thanks for the help.

Old 06-13-2006, 04:06 AM   #34
nextworld3
Hey Jen,
I would stay away from the guy... He had some fake morphs for sale a while back (YBs) i dont know if he just wasnt informed and thought they were real or was trying to scam??? Either way i wouldnt take a chance.
Also im one of those "intellegent" people who cant spell at all. Grammer hah! Has anyone ever read what i write i use ... and ! and , in all the wrong places and i dont screw people! But give me a math problem and ill have the answer in a few seconds for you. We all have our strong points and our weak points, i dont think that should dictate how we run our bus. Now tell me how many grammer errors are in this baby! lol

Hope this helps
Jon

Old 06-13-2006, 04:26 AM   #35
Pink Lady Exotics
Now THAT is EXACTLY the type of info Bobby and I were looking for. Info from the past that people experienced/saw...not a bunch of "he can't spell so I wouldn't trust him" junk. Thank you Jon. Also, you are a prime example of what I was saying. Your...um..."lacking"...skills in typing don't mean you're a scammer, because in my opinion, you are an awesome seller. Oh, and yeah, you really messed that post up. lol!

If you already have a thread here in the BOI, you'll be getting some good feedback from me in it. If not, I'll be starting one for you. Plus I'll leave a positive trader rating for you. Can't wait to get those guys/gals Wednesday morning!

Old 06-13-2006, 09:59 AM   #36
SPJ
OH NO! You bought animals from JON!!!!

They'll be beautiful.
He's one of the good guys out there.

Old 06-13-2006, 10:24 AM   #37
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGirl
I'm considering purchasing 2 big breeder-size females from him and am just curious if anyone has done business with him? The prices he has them at are lower than I've seen girls for that size go for, so it raised a red flag in my mind. Especially because he says they are eating regularly and are healthy. He sent pics so I've seen the animals...but there's no guarantee those are the animals I'll recieve. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!
Geez Neil, lay off. As I quoted above, she was simply making in inquiry into whether anyone has done business with this guy. She did not ask for your assessment of his ad or his grammar. She even states that she has red flags popping up. If someone did a BOI search on your name and found that you once had an association with Sal, they would have red flags pop up too. Wouldn't you want them to seek additional information?

Whether you intended to or not, you were/are very condescending. I agree that the lack of comprehension of the english language is a huge red flag for me but certainly not enough to completely walk away should an individuals reputation end up being stellar. Would you think differently if 30+ people came on here and stated that this seller was first class? You admitted not knowing his name, number, etc so how do you know that english is not a second language for him?

Long story short, if you do not have anything productive to add to an INQUIRY ABOUT WHO HAS DONE BUSINESS WITH A SELLER, then keep your comments to yourself. The initiator of this post came here with honest intents and the only thing you did was to make her feel not welcomed. Good job.....

Griz

Old 06-13-2006, 10:51 AM   #38
Fedawg
Griz

Neil has done that many times before . Always trying to belittle people because they are not as good as him...lol...Thats what I was trying to get to in my first post in here.

Good job Neil

Old 06-13-2006, 01:33 PM   #39
ravensgait
I don't think Neil is trying to belittle anyone here folks. Sometimes it seems that what he's trying to say and what hits the screen are a bit different than what he may have intended.

As for this thread it seems that the one person who knows anything about this guy says stay away.

We all have our spelling and grammatical challenged days some more so than others. A recent add on KS for Crapet Pythons comes to mind. Myself making a real mess of adds and email would make me wonder...Randy

Old 06-13-2006, 01:46 PM   #40
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravensgait
I don't think Neil is trying to belittle anyone here folks.

If history is an indicator (the last four years), Neil means it the same way it comes off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!