Ridiculous Reptiles (INQUIRY) - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:31 PM   #41
Pink Lady Exotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman

If history is an indicator (the last four years), Neil means it the same way it comes off.
Sure seems like it to me, especially after reading all of the posts he's made in the past that he got warnings/suspension for. Apparently Varnyard and I aren't the only ones he's been extremely rude to. It seems to be a pattern with him.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:23 PM   #42
Mooing Tricycle
I think if youre not sure about this guy in the first place, to just steer clear for now. But its good to get his name on the BOI and make people aware to be careful.
From what ive read here already ( other than the BS that went on) id be wary. ^_^

Old 06-14-2006, 12:43 AM   #43
varnyard
Well, he was going to send me some pictures, it never happen. And now he has pulled all his ads. So, maybe he sold everything, or maybe it was just a scam. Regardless, this answers my question.

Old 06-14-2006, 12:51 AM   #44
Pink Lady Exotics
I decided against it as well. He did finally post an ad for the females I was considering though...

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=32&de=415378

When I asked him about his prices being so far below average market value, he responded with that he does this as a hobby and not as a source of income, so he can afford to let them go for cheaper.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:17 AM   #45
varnyard
To tell you the truth, that is not that great of a deal. His add says imports. WC are not as expensive as CBB's. Here is what that ad says:

Quote:
I HAVE 10 EATING ,FAT, HEALTHY FEMALE BALL IMPORTS ,RAISED FOR OVER TWO YEARS I USED THEM FOR BREEDING NOW SINCE I GOT WHAT I WANT OUT OF THEM I DONT NEED THEM NO MORE,BUY THEM BEFORE THEIR GONE,HERE IS SOME PICS OF A FEW

Old 06-14-2006, 01:25 AM   #46
Pink Lady Exotics
Imported doesn't necessarily mean WC, they could be CH. My girl was CH in '03 and imported by Ian G. in '05.

The deal he offered me was a light-colored 1300g female and a high-white 1550g female for $300 shipped.

*shrug*

I'll stick to males for awhile...they tend to be prettier anyway. lol!

Old 06-14-2006, 11:40 AM   #47
Mooing Tricycle
yeah i agree with you there ^_- Plus it looks like thats a hamster in that pic in his ad, i woudlnt want a BP i buy to be stuck on hamsters at all. Mice and rats are so much cheaper, and easier to come by.

And personally, i wouldnt have bought from him just by those pictures even. When i buy or want to buy, i like to be able to really see the animal, or know who im purchasing from.
Better luck next time i suppose!

Old 06-14-2006, 12:07 PM   #48
Fedawg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyGirl

I'll stick to males for awhile...they tend to be prettier anyway. lol!

Your thoughts will change

Old 06-14-2006, 01:13 PM   #49
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Imported doesn't necessarily mean WC, they could be CH. My girl was CH in '03 and imported by Ian G. in '05.
Jennifer,

That was probably an exception, and maybe not even imported from Africa. It's reasonable to assume that almost all baby ball pythons imported from Africa will be CH. There might be some juveniles/yearlings, and those are what are called "bush babies" (WC). Any large adults will be for the most part WC. African ball python "hatcheries" are not set-up for raising babies to maturity. It is my understanding that gravid females are collected and once they lay they are either released or sold if there's demand for them. One way or the other those are probably $25 WC adult females, at least that's the ballpark price they were in the past.

Regards,

Old 06-14-2006, 01:19 PM   #50
varnyard
I agree with Dan, they are much cheaper than captive born and bred.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!