Have any of you tried this? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Lonely Hearts Club Forum

Notices

Lonely Hearts Club Forum Looking for someone with a common interest? Why not go where they hang out? Have fun, but not TOO much fun in here. ONLY members over 18 are welcome here.

Old 01-04-2004, 12:56 PM   #1
Rash
Have any of you tried this?

This organization runs an ad in Scientific American. I haven't checked it out, but it seems like a good idea.

http://www.sciconnect.com/

R

Old 01-16-2004, 03:55 PM   #2
Damon Foster
I'm not sure what happened when I attempted to post my first message here! I'm new at this and pressed the "buddy" button and got some strange message which flashed across the screen and was to fast to read.

Old 01-16-2004, 04:03 PM   #3
Damon Foster
Seeking local, like-minded friends

I'm not sure if I'm posting in the correct section, because I already have a girlfriend and so I'm not a "lonely heart". My interest is in hooking up with pet collectors in Northern CA.

Ultimately, I plan to expand my collection of critters, and would like to see what other pets people keep, and get to know what sort of care is involved. The bottom line is that NONE of my current friends are into animals, and aren't impressed by my critters.

Please let me know if you live in or near San Francisco. My main interests include bugs and reptiles. I've one bearded dragon, a couple tarantulas and several scorpions.

Interested people should email me at damonfoster@earthlink.net, because I might not be able to find this newsgroup thing again.

-Damon

Old 01-16-2004, 04:28 PM   #4
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
Hey Damon,
I don't really know many people into reptiles either, so I joined the "local" Reptile club (Southern California Herp Society)~ "Local" as in their monthly meetings are only about an hour and half from my house. Unfortunatley, the local reptile club waited over 2 months to cash the check I sent for dues...........and has not bothered to respond, or send any newsletters or a confirmation that they now have my money~ nothing. So apparently I am now a member of a club, and sending my money was the entire extent of my activties with this "Club".

Maybe you could try a reptile club up in Northern California. I still think it was a good idea, even if it didn't actually allow me to meet anyone in my area into reptiles!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!