I am looking for an emerald with a regurge problem - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-02-2005, 06:25 PM   #11
DavidButton
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoaMan Jon
Wow, David incredible line of thinking. Ever check the arboreal forum over at KS? I see lots of posts over there about regurging ETBs. Maybe you can help one off those people.
That is the ONE forum that I haven't posted about this on. I have been to several aboreal only forums with no results. And also to several generalized forums such as fauna with nothing. I will have to spread my web a bit and see what gets caught, LOL!

David

Old 01-14-2006, 12:37 AM   #12
Southwick Herps
That is science in action. You have some kind of head to figure something like that out. Good work for sure.

Old 01-18-2006, 10:42 PM   #13
raiquee
Sorry for bringing this back up, but anyone else come forth and have tried your SF mice? I'd love to know!

Old 03-21-2006, 02:57 PM   #14
thesnakeman
Thumbs up How bout a Cribo?

First let me say that you have done some very good work! Kudos to you for digging deeper, and looking for the bottom line answere to a question which has plaigued many of us!

I only keep one ATB, a real sweetheart, and a pet. He's never regurged, but I do have a breeder unicolor cribo who has regurged on several occasions. He has also passed meals out the other end before they were completely digested. I'm told by the breeder who sold him to me that his problems are temperature related. He says I should not employ any heat source whatsoever in the cage, and that anything over 73 degrees is too much. So I have lowered the temp a few degrees, and we'll see what happens after he comes out of shed. Although, the regurgitation has only occurred when temps hit 78. I just don't see how that could be the real problem. I know they come from UPLAND, Central America,...but it's Central America none the less. It is HOT down there. Truthfully your theory makes better sense to me, than his does. So I would love to try him on your mice if you still have some. I did not read the entire thread, so I may be a bit too late. But if you would like to give it a try, my name is Tony Carlisle, from Missouri. You can e-mail me at; thesnakeman@centurytel.net
Now I'll go read some more. Thanks a bunch,
T.
P.S. Here's a pic of my office assistant.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2006, 09:02 AM   #15
INSANE CANES
Wow interesting information . Thanks for sharing it.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:07 PM   #16
Keith Campbell
David-
I hope I'm not too late. I just have been getting back into the snakes and my first ETB, a beautiful patternless has regurged her last two meals, the latest a couple days ago. I have been freaking out lately about the whole thing, she is being kept in the correct setup temp range etc. She's a 3-4 foot import, and ate a large mouse first, a regular mouse second, neither lasted a week before regurge. She's perfect every other way, she has shed in one piece and defecated a solid fecal. I'd be crushed if I lost her. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-07-2006, 02:15 AM   #17
ravensgait
Keith can give us more info on the Emmy and its set up IE temps, Humidity, what kind of cage. is the animal WC or CBB, where did you get it? adult, juvie, baby? Where is the cage at in your house IE high or low traffic area. I've been keeping these guys for years and unless it's a fresh WC I wouldn't panic quite yet. Randy

Old 04-07-2006, 11:30 AM   #18
thesnakeman
Does anyone know how to get ahold of this guy?

I responded to this thread, I sent him an e-mail, and I sent him a private message. You'd think one of the three would have stimulated a response. Nothing. It's like he posted this potentialy great information, got us all stirred up, and then dropped off the face of the earth. So does anyone know how to get in touch with the initial author of this thread; David Button? I'd really like to give his veggi mice a try! Thanks,
T.
thesnakeman@centurytel.net

Old 04-07-2006, 11:55 PM   #19
Keith Campbell
Hey Ya'll-
I got to talk to David, and he was plenty eager to help. It sounds like he is out of the FS mice at the moment, and he is working with hairless rats now. I'm trying to round up a few mice to start this project for my emmys. I'd like to find Swiss mice (large litter size) if possible, but been having trouble tracking some down. At very least some healthy, parasite free mice would be nice to start. My gal with the problem (northern import 3-4 ft), originally was housed in a 3 ft. Neodesha w.\2 3\4in. dowels. I had a 23wt.=100wt. output flouescent bulb on her, heat under water bowl, temps ranged 77-88 on perches day time\ night time 76, w.\plenty humidity and air flow. She is quarantined in my bedroom (low trafic). After her first regurge (large mouse), I thought she may have been to cold. I added a 40 wt. to this a week before her second feeding, raising her hot spot to 95. She ate a regular mouse three weeks after the first, then regurged a week after. I'm now thinking that may have been too warm and that her belly was swelling\digesting too fast. She is now kept in a Barrs pvc 16x16x20 enclosure w.\ 3 dowels 3\4 in. varried height. Heat pad under half with water, and 40wt. bulb. Day temps range 82-92 on perches\ night time 79. Am I still too warm? What do ya'll think? I'd appreciate any info.

Old 04-09-2006, 01:43 AM   #20
hhmoore
I have had the best luck maintaining emeralds at a constant temp of 84, but there are a number of factors to consider: Humidity is huge. Temperature ranges - this can be in an issue with arboreal setups...and it sometimes takes a bit of work to get things right. I would shoot for more consistency, and less of a variance...say 82 at the coolest spot, to no more than 87-88 at the warmest.

You make it sound like you have other ETBs, is that the case?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!