Rat Breeders, I Would Really Appreciate Some Help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:40 PM   #1
AlysaArsenic
Rat Breeders, I Would Really Appreciate Some Help

I've come to the conclusion that pretty much no one breeds rats in Terre Haute, Indiana. I cannot breed my own rats right now because I have nowhere to keep them. Pet stores usually don't have what I need, and when they do they charge way more than I can afford. And I have the same problem with ordering frozen rats from big companies online. The rats themselves have decent prices, but I can't afford the shipping costs.
I was hoping that maybe someone on here could help me. Does anyone know rat breeders in Terre Haute or close by? I normally feed live rat pups to my babies and live medium rats to my adults, but I would be willing to feed them frozen if I can't find anyone close enough to buy live from and prices are affordable.
To contact me, my email is alysamorley@gmail.com, or you can call or text me at 812-264-2380.
Please help me keep my snakes' stomachs full!
Thanks so much for reading,
Alysa.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
tmx84
Just a suggestion, but if you are already having troubles finding rats, and your snakes will accept frozen, then you are probably much better off staying with frozen. Because even if you are able to find one breeder, your going to lay it all down on that one breeder for how long? How long are they going to breed etc? Where as, you will always be able to purchase frozen. Shipping may be high, but order in bulk, that way it cuts some shipping cost out (less frequent orders) and you have a supply for a long time.

Just my 2 cents though...

Old 10-09-2012, 08:54 PM   #3
AlysaArsenic
My whole point is I would really like to find someone local until I can get back to having reliable sources. If not, then so be it, I'll have to buy frozen or not locally. But that is not high on my list of options at this time.
Thanks for your suggestion though.

Old 10-22-2012, 08:53 PM   #4
GreatWhiteApe
You should look to see if there are any local reptile shows in your area. You can often make friends with local breeders there or you can stock up on frozen without paying the shipping.

Old 10-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #5
AlysaArsenic
Great suggestion. I do go to a few shows that aren't too far away and I have met a lot of people in the past. Unfortunately I haven't been to any local shows in about a year. I am hoping to start going again soon and that is always a great option.
Thanks,
Alysa.

Old 11-08-2012, 04:38 PM   #6
edrizzle
Craigslist brotha

Old 11-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #7
blackandblue_lulu
I'm with you there. American Rodent supply has their orders full and I am looking for frozen thawd dealers in IN.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ball pythons, breeding, feeders, rats, snakes