Marcia McGuiness - "The Lizard Lady" - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-24-2003, 02:14 PM   #1
Golden Gate Geckos
Marcia McGuiness - "Golden Gate Geckos"

I really like this idea! It's a great way to associate a face with a name when reading through the various forums.

I was born in Tulsa, Oklahoma on 6/3/54, a 3rd generation American from Irish immigrants. My family moved all over the country because my Dad had a 20 year career in the U.S. Marine Corps, and we finally settled in the San Francisco Bay area when my Dad retired and I was in High School.

I got my B.S. from San Jose State University in Materials Science, and went on to U.C Berkeley for my Master's in Chemical Engineering. I worked for a few large Hi-Tech companies in Silicon Valley in various capacities as an Engineer for nearly 26 years until I became totally disabled with severe FMS/MCSS, which is a neuro-autoimmune disease most likely due to overexposure to hazardous chemicals.

Now, I am an Ordained Minister and although I am not a full-time Pastor at my church, I work with chronically ill people and their families, and volunteer with the local Hospice for people with grief support. I counsel couples and perform lots of weddings, wich is a LOT of fun! I spend most my time raising/breeding Leopard Geckos, and when I can I enjoy going to schools doing educational presentations about reptiles with my Leos.

I have been married for over 30 years, have a daughter (almost 30) and a son (23), and 2 wonderful grandchildren, ages 11 and 9. I have a menagerie of critters, including 2 black Schnauzers that keep me company!
Attached Images

Old 03-24-2003, 11:23 PM   #2
Stardust
Marcia,
It is nice to meet you. Red seems to get a bit fiery at times, don't you think?

Old 03-25-2003, 10:37 AM   #3
Golden Gate Geckos
"FIRE"

Hi Rozann!

LOL!!!! Yup, I guess we can get "all fired up" at times! But that can also be a GOOD thing, too!

Old 03-29-2003, 02:55 AM   #4
JasonBrennan
Just a comment. You don't look old enough to have a 28 year old daughter. I am 29, .....maybe I was just really rough on my parents?

Old 03-29-2003, 10:00 AM   #5
Golden Gate Geckos
GEE, THANKS!

Jason,

Yup, almost 49 years old! Trust me, in the unlikely event that I was to wear a bikini you'd be begging Rich to delete your post! Thanks, you made my day! (maybe even my week...)

Marcia McGuiness
"The Lizard Lady"
www.thelizardlady.net

Old 03-24-2004, 01:33 PM   #6
Golden Gate Geckos
a year gone by...

Gee, it's been a year since I posted this originally, and I just wanted to update my kid's and grandkid's ages. My age, however, has remained the same and I look exactly the same as I did when this photo was taken a few years ago.

Old 03-24-2004, 08:39 PM   #7
Sybella
LOL!! It's just the way I pictured you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!