Bitter yet sweet - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-24-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
Metachrosis
Bitter yet sweet

Wasn't planning to breed this season but succumbed to the
pressure of not breeding the last four years.
Pitched acouple pairs together about 2 months late and rolled the dice
Witnessed lots of activity with in mere minutes that continued for weeks none stop.

Never did see "the pink" or proper positioning
Mom never set up on the heat, just lounged around like her normal self
Anyway same with the other pair, not a clue to suggest gestation in progress.
Did the early morning check in the room and everybody was doing the pre-dawn
forage they always do.

Evening head count was greeted with that sweet goo smell as soon as I opened the door.
Elation quickly went to disappointment
Two stills and a kinked cruiser heading down the back wall pretty fast
Here's the bitter, I'll get to the sweet later on

Pic is iPhone quality so pardon that
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2013, 01:43 AM   #2
Metachrosis
Mom getting a treat for her effort
Attached Images

Old 07-24-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
Durante
I seen you created a post in the Boa section & came running to joke, get a little payback from the "female reptile keeper post", & just continue teasing back & forth. I didn't expect to see this & kind of feel like a jerk now. I'm really sorry to hear about the bad news Tommy. Was the Albino X Herman Solar pastel albino DH combination from January? I got my fingers crossed for you & hope that the sweet is really good.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
Metachrosis
Nope werent the mutts
This is the Honduran Firebelly I finally got crossbred,aint been done by anyone thats ever worked with this line of ssp bci.

Crossbreeding is two distinct lines of legit purity
and thats where it gets tricky tracing both lines back to the actual founder and F1 breeder of the Firebelly BCI which is Bob Harding and not Dennis Sargent.
Been along 9 yrs thats for sure . . . . did all the legwork got all the exceptence and agreements I needed to support any of the potential "questionables" with everybody agreeing it couldn't possibly get any closer.(special thanks to Kevin Barnett,Tom Crutchfield,Ernie Eison)

I have two survivors that appear healthy and its either a 0.2 or a 1.1
Hopefully its the 1.1 as they can be line-bred out to provide fresh genetics or genetic diversity,how ever you want to put it

Anyway,try for some pics in sunlight hours
with my trusty phone,stay tuned!!

Old 07-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #5
Durante
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metachrosis View Post
Nope werent the mutts
This is the Honduran Firebelly I finally got crossbred,aint been done by anyone thats ever worked with this line of ssp bci.

Crossbreeding is two distinct lines of legit purity
and thats where it gets tricky tracing both lines back to the actual founder and F1 breeder of the Firebelly BCI which is Bob Harding and not Dennis Sargent.
Been along 9 yrs thats for sure . . . . did all the legwork got all the exceptence and agreements I needed to support any of the potential "questionables" with everybody agreeing it couldn't possibly get any closer.(special thanks to Kevin Barnett,Tom Crutchfield,Ernie Eison)

I have two survivors that appear healthy and its either a 0.2 or a 1.1
Hopefully its the 1.1 as they can be line-bred out to provide fresh genetics or genetic diversity,how ever you want to put it

Anyway,try for some pics in sunlight hours
with my trusty phone,stay tuned!!
Okay now that makes sense, I knew you said it was a phone photo but I was looking real hard at mom & scratching head wondering if I was going nuts. I didn't hear about the Honduran's getting down & dirty but remembered hearing that Aurora's boy was getting busy which threw me way off. I personally never been a huge fan of the Firebelly's but know a tiny, little about the history & cant deny that the rarity & amazing reds makes them very appealing. I get more confused with the crossbreding part though, I was under the impression you alone did that already in '09'. Either way, I respect the idea of keeping them purebred & keeping it going since many haven't been as lucky at all reproducing.

PS - I think it's awesome all these snakes came from an island... yea, I know but that's what you get for saying you got sexy photos of my wife, lol. Joking aside congrats on two survivors. I really hope it turns out to be 1.1 for you, don't forget to post them photos if you can pull it off without stressing them.

Old 07-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #6
Metachrosis
aint nothing to it brah,wouldnt accept pics of anyone's wife knowingly any how
That cross breeding isnt something youll find in the mutt ranks simply because they cant
Everything albino etc is pretty closely related and all go back to the original Kahl/Sharp

Old 07-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
Helenthereef
Sorry to hear about the stillbirths, know that awful feeling of going through the goo and bringing out dead babies...

Hope the survivors turn out hardy for you, looking forward to pics when you get them.

Old 07-29-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
Durante
How are the two little ones making out, hope all is still well.

Old 07-30-2013, 07:06 AM   #9
Metachrosis
Still kicking,I aint fooled with them other then keeping the tub
at 100% saturation this last week.
Need to free hand them more starting this week as this strain tends to be quite unruly after the first week or so

Old 07-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #10
Snakesitter
So sorry for your loss, but congrats on the survivors -- and on Mom being fine!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!