MTV...turtle killers? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 09-10-2005, 10:40 PM   #1
cthulhu77
MTV...turtle killers?

Saw this on Tonmo, and gagged :

http://lowbagger.org/turtlebeach.html

Old 09-11-2005, 01:57 AM   #2
Karen Hulvey
There are still a ton of people in this world who simply don't care about animals. They could have used a different beach. Or they could have used that beach when the turtles weren't nesting. But they didn't care. Now I have another reason to dislike MTV.

Old 09-11-2005, 03:28 AM   #3
aimee_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hulvey
There are still a ton of people in this world who simply don't care about animals. They could have used a different beach. Or they could have used that beach when the turtles weren't nesting. But they didn't care. Now I have another reason to dislike MTV.
I agree with everything you just said -

Reading the article, it's obvious that MTV staff & crew did not care about the animals they were endangering. There are other beaches that they could go to or could have gone to, but they decided to harm almost every egg that was near them and prevent other turtles from nesting in the area.

I haven't liked MTV for a long time and I guess this also adds to the bucket of reasons.

Old 09-11-2005, 04:09 AM   #4
Cat_72
Yeah...wearing the T-shirts is going to do a lot to save the turtles they have killed....

PFHT.

Some people just have no concept of what really matters in this world. It was really much more important for them to have a couple hours of film footage at THAT VERY BEACH than to save the lives of several hundred critically endangered turtles.

That is the kind of thing that just really makes me want to slap some sense into someone..........

Old 09-11-2005, 03:47 PM   #5
harrellharrell
I think the responsible parties ought to be buried in the sand!

Old 09-11-2005, 07:42 PM   #6
cthulhu77
According to one source I was emailed by today, they deny any wrongdoing, and say that they followed the government's parameters. Would be nice if the government gave a sh*t too, I suppose.

greg

Old 09-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #7
harrellharrell
Denial and blame doesn't make them any less guilty. Everyone can blame somebody or something for the things they shouldn't do. The only difference is, when we do it they call us criminals.
Besides, everyone knows the government doesn't care, or the turtles wouldn't be in this much jeopardy to begin with.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!