Keeping box at fedex for pick up? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shipping

Notices

Shipping Forum for all issues concerning shipping, shipping companies, and anything directly related to moving animals and products via commercial carriers.

Old 12-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #1
Araidia
Keeping box at fedex for pick up?

Hi everyone, I just had a quick question. If someone was unable to be at their home to pick up a snake would you be able to send it to the fedex location to hold for pick up later since it's climate controlled and what would be an acceptable time for them to be picked up and what times would you need to get the package by if you did that? Ideally I want him picked up right away but I want to know if he would be alright waiting till later in a building. He would have a 60 hour heat pack.

Old 12-04-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
hhmoore
All of my incoming shipments, and probably 98% of my outgoing shipments, are held at FedEx. Just make sure you are in agreement about where it will be held (the one that comes up as closest may not be, or the recipient may prefer another station for various reasons).

Old 12-04-2011, 09:39 PM   #3
Araidia
Thank you, so would he be ok there if he was held till 4pm maybe the day he arrived instead of being picked up at 10:30, are they still open then? The heat pack would last that long so I guess he would be ok. Thanks again for all the help, I know I have endless questions about shipping lol.

Old 12-04-2011, 11:34 PM   #4
hhmoore
The hours can vary by facility, but you can check them at FedEx.com.
I prefer to have my packages held for pickup because I can get them at 08:30, and not have to wait up for the truck.....or, if I have something going on, it's not a big deal to swing by at 13:00 (or 16:00). That said, as a shipper, I like to know in advance if the customer is planning on a later pickup - in some cases, changes in the packaging might be indicated.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!