preparation? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-11-2007, 04:06 PM   #11
hhmoore
Also, the only reason that it is any more "their nature" to bite is because they are (for obvious reasons) not subjected to handling in the manner that other captive snakes are. Sure, their bite packs a bit more punch than that of a nonvenomous snake, but that doesn't make them more likely to bite.

Old 03-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #12
breakdown
Ok sorry i forgot to mention a couple of things, first of all i'm not at all sure if venomous is a route that i would want to go as far as adding them to my collection ( i can't even do it legally anyway) even if i had the option, there is absolutly no way on earth my girlfriend would even consider letting me bring a venomous snake in the house, nor would i ever want her to feel unsafe in our house ( we plan on children someday so way to risky, kids can find there way into any room or cage). Second i was asking partially out of curiosity, but mostly because i'm thinking of going back to school for zoology but would like to specialize as a herpetologist, reptiles facinate me but of all of them venomous snakes are the most fascinating of all IMO. So as preparation to deal with the real thing, i was thinking there must be something that i could keep that could serve as good practice, if i want to put my self in danger thats one thing but putting my family and pets lives at risk is quite another. As for which hot snakes im most interested in something along the lines of a gaboon or possibly cottonmouth.

Old 03-12-2007, 07:31 PM   #13
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by constrictorcrazi74
hmmmmmm i learen something new today im not about to say anything ignorent about your remarks but thanks fer the info i dont like to step low down to other peoples level and make them feel dumb i would rather educate people then to make them feel stupid than make myself feel good because i no more then they do that just no me
I think you misread the intention of my post - quite simply, I asked because it wasn't clear if you knew what venomoids were, or were using the word as synonomous with venomous. When I saw that it was the latter, I offered a brief explanation of the term venomoid...in retrospect, perhaps I shouldn't have included the statement "that's what I thought", but it wasn't meant to cause offense.
On the other hand, you could consider yourself very lucky that you were corrected in THIS thread...had you wandered into a discussion about venomoids, you would likely have come out of it considerably more scarred (take a look around for some of those threads. the subject is a touchy one, and the feelings tend to run strong)

Old 04-03-2007, 02:20 PM   #14
filez41
I would like to correct the information about jungle carpet pythons. They are often nippy as babies, but if you handle them they quickly become not aggressive. I have a 6 month old jungle carpet python and he is as harmless as a stuffed bunny.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!