For Sale OOAK Giant Python Installation Sculpture - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > All Other Herp Related Material

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Gargoyle Queen
OOAK Giant Python Installation Sculpture

I have for sale, an installation sculpture of a python that took five people over seventy hours to put together for a project that was (and still is) on display in the Utah State University's College of Fine Arts Building. This massive thing is made out of paper mache (white coffee filter, NOT newspaper) and colored tissue paper over fencing-wire, chicken wire and foam as the structural skeleton, and has imperfections and character. It was created for a specific space, but it could be set up likely in a similar situation, or just made to work somehow. It's hard to know exact measurements as we didn't really take any... But I'll give an estimate. The foam pieces that formed the backbone were about six feet long each, so the sizes listed below are based off how many foam pieces were used. The entire sculpture is hanging from fishing line and will need to be re-done once pulled down from this location. If you want more exact measurements, feel free to let me know and I'll do my best to get them. I posted an iHerp blog about this project a while back and you can find more information there including inspiration: http://www.iherp.com/Public/Blog/Detail.aspx?uid=107565

The head is about two feet, and the first section is about 12 feet long (without head). The middle section is the longest and measures about 24 feet long. The two end sections are about 6 feet long, and tail is around three feet long. It's not extremely heavy, just long and awkward.

Due to the size and awkward shape, I cannot ship. I'd prefer a local pickup, but if you want to bring a big trailer and haul it yourself, then that works for me.

Asking $800 OBO. Just please remember that a good amount of money went into the supplies, and a crapload of time and effort.

Please email me at kylie@gargoylequeen.com (fastest response), or PM me here. If you have any questions, comments, want more pictures, etc... Please feel free to inquire.

Thanks for looking!
Attached Images

Contact User Check User
Old 07-13-2012, 07:42 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
You should contact Mass MoCa! This thing is so cool!

Old 07-13-2012, 07:44 PM   #3
Mooing Tricycle
athey had Mocha Dick set up there awhile ago, a giant sperm whale, life size made of industral felt, an internal bladder filled with air and a big ole skeleton. So so cool

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
boa, python, sculpture, skeleton, snake