wegotherps.com phil hackenberry bad guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-20-2008, 11:33 AM   #1
greg c
wegotherps.com phil hackenberry bad guy

i purchased an 07 female suriname redtail boa on 5/24/2008 from an ad that phil had placed on kingsnake classifieds, but before i paid for the boa i gave phil a phone call to see if the female boa pictured in the ad would be the one that i would be getting, phil told me that the one you see would be the one that you get, but just to be sure i had phil email me a picture of her so that i could confirm that she was the one, she was so i paid phil $295.00 shipped for her through paypal, i asked phil if he had a male so that i could get a pair and save on shipping as they could be shipped together, he told me yes he had 08 males that he would send pics that i choose out of, well after about 2 weeks of waiting he finally sent pic's phil told me that he would have sent them quicker but his wife has Lupus and was in the hospital and he had a bad storm and half the roof ripped of his warehouse and that a big tree put a whole in the roof, well it turns out that he had sent me pics of all females, funny thing half the pic's that he had sent me were of snakes that he had sold last year as i saw the same snakes pics on different message forums from a year ago that have been posted by their new owners, phil said he would send me some more pics that the ones he sent me must have been on file from the ones he had sold last year, well after waiting another week i told phil that if he does not have the time to send me pic's to just ship the female out that i paid for, phil said he was going through a divorce with his wife that she through him out of the house and that she was running the business and that he would have his wife ship out my female suriname boa, i wished him the best of luck with all his personal problems, next thing i gave Phil's wife an email telling her that i would send her a pic of the boa that i bought so she would ship the right one out
she got the pic i sent her and confirmed it was the right one she told me that she knew which one it was and that she would ship it out today for 06/18/2008 delivery, well would you believe she shipped out the wrong one, not only was it the wrong one but it was the ugliest one i ever saw in my 35 years in the hobby, i emailed Phil's wife and told her she shipped the wrong boa out and she told me that if i did not want it to ship it back, i told her to send me a shipping label by email as it was their mistake they shipped out the wrong one , she told me that i would have to pay to ship it back that was their policy, i was pissed, i then got a call from phil telling me of how sorry he was for the mistake and that they must have sold the one that i picked out and paid for on accident, phil felt bad and told me that he would give me a full refund when he gets back on the weekend he told me, good now his wife knows how hard it is to run the business and that now maybe she will appreciate him a little more for what he does, well i had to pay $40.00 to ship the boa back to them on the same day 06/18/2008 for their mistake( not right) and after waiting another week for the refund to come i called phil and asked him what was holding things up and he said he was having more personal problems that he would send out a check to me that his wife had given him to give to me asap, that was the last time i spoke with phil, it has been 2 months no refund, i have 2 messages left from phil on my answering machine that i can play for anyone if they don't believe me, phil telling me of all his personal problems he is having and promising two times to me a full refund, promises that he never keeps, i tried to go through paypal to resolve this matter with phil, but you know how that goes it's worthless, at this point i have done nothing wrong i paid phil $295.00 shipped for an 07 female suriname redtail boa plus $40.00 out of my pocket to have her shipped back to them because they shipped out the wrong boa (their mistake) i have proof it was shipped to phil by fedex trac # to his door, now phil has the $295.00 and the boa and i have nothing this is not right and very unprofessional of phil of wegotherps.com all i ask is for phil to do the right thing and refund me my money back.
greg

Old 07-20-2008, 12:01 PM   #2
reptiler ron
OK Phil I bought 1.2 Kenyan sand boas from you.THEY are not KSB they are Saharan sand boas.You sold me the wrong snake what are you going to do to correct this.Ron

Old 07-20-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
greg c
one other thing after i last spoke with phil, i tried calling him , no response, i tried emailing him only to get a response that they were on vacation from 6/29 to 7/14, but that they would read emails at nite, funny thing they were still running ads for 08 suriname redtail boas for sale on kingsnake classifieds while on vacation, so i had my brother who has a different email address send them an email, (nothing coming back saying that they were on vacation) making like he wanted to buy a boa from them and in 4 minutes they replied back saying that if he paid by 3 pm that they could ship the boa out to him the same day, all while their supposedly on vacation, but phil does not have the time to give me a refund back because he is on vacation or should we say phil does not want to make time to give a paying customer a refund back, all i ask of phil is to give me my refund that he promised me.
greg

Old 07-20-2008, 12:42 PM   #4
Lucille
I would love to see you post your brother's email and their response. It seems to me that you have been more than patient in waiting for your refund. Have you sent an email to Phil notifying him of this thread?

Old 07-20-2008, 01:15 PM   #5
Dennis Hultman
I sent him a message about this thread earlier this morning.

Old 07-20-2008, 01:46 PM   #6
greg c
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille
I would love to see you post your brother's email and their response. It seems to me that you have been more than patient in waiting for your refund. Have you sent an email to Phil notifying him of this thread?
my brother must have deleted it as i cannot find it, but phil was supposed to give me a refund on 6/18/2008 and they went on vacation 6/29/2008 and he said that he was mailing me out a check, he had 11 days to paypal or mail me a refund before he went on vacation and i am still yet to receive a refund from him or hear from him, i guess paying customers that are promised refunds are not that important to him.
greg

Old 07-20-2008, 01:50 PM   #7
greg c
my brother must have deleted it as i cannot find it, but phil was supposed to give me a refund on 6/18/2008 and they went on vacation 6/29/2008 and he said that he was mailing me out a check, he had 11 days to paypal or mail me a refund before he went on vacation and i am still yet to receive a refund from him or hear from him, i guess paying customers that are promised refunds are not that important to him.
greg

Old 07-20-2008, 05:39 PM   #8
MRC31
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptiler ron
OK Phil I bought 1.2 Kenyan sand boas from you.THEY are not KSB they are Saharan sand boas.You sold me the wrong snake what are you going to do to correct this.Ron
Were these on kingsnake about a month ago? I saw a add that was posted with KSB for sale and it had a picture of a Saharan. I politely emailed the seller letting them know. I received a reply of "I posted the wrong picture."

Old 07-20-2008, 05:41 PM   #9
spawn
$40.00 to ship the boa back to them on the same day 06/18/2008 for their mistake( not right) and after waiting another week for the refund to come i called phil and asked him what was holding things up and he said he was having more personal problems that he would send out a check to me that his wife had given him to give to me asap, that was the last time i spoke with phil, it has been 2 months no refund,

Here's the problem here: everyone has personal problems. Except it becomes hard to understand your problems and bear with you when you continue to run ads on KS but don't respond to the emails.

I went through the exact same things, except with frogs, Greg (about 2 months without refund, but promises to send ones week-after-week). I used to feel bad for the "wife has Lupus and is in the hospital", but the amount of time I had to wait, and wait, to get anything back, and the refund wasn't even the right amount, just pisses me off. You can be the most professional person in the world and offer free replacements, awesome prices (all done to me), but if you DON'T ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH, it's worthless and it's all FLUFF.

This really irks me. This guy has a "multi million dollar business" of wealth saved up and has the time to go around leaving messages about his personal problems to people so that they can what - bear with him? We don't have problems either? Or they just don't count because we're not the ones on the receiving end of the money train...

Greg: did you notice the "message was sent by Blackberry" at the bottom of your emails? Quite a fancy way to check mail, no? If someone's going to offer money, OH HELLS YEAH, SEND AWAY! But to actually send the animals we agreed on? COME ON - THE WIFE'S GOT LUPUS. This does not fly.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:38 AM   #10
greg c
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn
$40.00 to ship the boa back to them on the same day 06/18/2008 for their mistake( not right) and after waiting another week for the refund to come i called phil and asked him what was holding things up and he said he was having more personal problems that he would send out a check to me that his wife had given him to give to me asap, that was the last time i spoke with phil, it has been 2 months no refund,

Here's the problem here: everyone has personal problems. Except it becomes hard to understand your problems and bear with you when you continue to run ads on KS but don't respond to the emails.

I went through the exact same things, except with frogs, Greg (about 2 months without refund, but promises to send ones week-after-week). I used to feel bad for the "wife has Lupus and is in the hospital", but the amount of time I had to wait, and wait, to get anything back, and the refund wasn't even the right amount, just pisses me off. You can be the most professional person in the world and offer free replacements, awesome prices (all done to me), but if you DON'T ACTUALLY FOLLOW THROUGH, it's worthless and it's all FLUFF.

This really irks me. This guy has a "multi million dollar business" of wealth saved up and has the time to go around leaving messages about his personal problems to people so that they can what - bear with him? We don't have problems either? Or they just don't count because we're not the ones on the receiving end of the money train...

Greg: did you notice the "message was sent by Blackberry" at the bottom of your emails? Quite a fancy way to check mail, no? If someone's going to offer money, OH HELLS YEAH, SEND AWAY! But to actually send the animals we agreed on? COME ON - THE WIFE'S GOT LUPUS. This does not fly.
sounds like phil told me and you the same bs, i forgot all about the car accidents lol, and yes some of the messages where sent by blackberry , your right in how phil kept promising you stuff but he would never deliver, another thing i kept complaining to him about how horrible his service was that it had to be the worst i have been treated in my 35 years in the hobby, all phil kept saying is i will show you service i will give you the best service that you ever had, he told me that he would give me an 08 pair of suriname boas a $600.00 value shipped to me for free for all the trouble, hows that for good service he told me, who do you know that would do that, well it was all bs as he tells you these nice things so he could buy more time and string you along, the bottom line is phil hackenberry never delivers the goods.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!