wegotherps.com phil hackenberry bad guy - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:17 AM   #11
KNOBTAIL
I sometimes wonder

if these delays in shipping is directly related to putting time between the buyer and the seller. From my own experience, I usually ship 24 hours after receipt of payment unless its on Friday or over the weekend. Here these people drag out jerking the customer around for weeks. The credit card companies never favor the buyers account because of the lapse in time. The first question when filing a complaint is usually " why did you wait so long to file a chargeback ?"

May I suggest that if you are using a credit card, and its being processed through Paypal or a credit card direct. Put a time limitation on it or have the order cancelled by a chargeback. That would cause more problems for the seller who can only use that method for collecting monies.

When I buy, I give them 2 days to ship. If not received by that time, then the deal is off. No excuses, no nonsense, I move on.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 AM   #12
greg c
good point i tried to use my credit card to make payment for the boa but for some reason phil had trouble and said it would not go through that it had something to do with my email address so i made phil try it again using my brothers email address and the same thing happened he told me it would not go through, i know that my credit card was good as i bought a pair of speakers a couple of days later for $1500.00 with no problems anyhow i had to pay by paypal and make payment from out of my account, paypal told me the only way that they could get my money back is if the purchase was made on ebay, what a joke some protection, if you read the other posts it looks like most of the problems started to happen when phil was having problems with his wife, phil if you are out there and reading this i think that you are a nice person but i think you are taking out your frustration with your wife out on some of your good paying customers as i have done nothing wrong here, all i am asking is for the refund that was promised me from you.
greg

Old 07-21-2008, 05:53 PM   #13
greg c
i just spoke with paypal again they told me that they were going to try to contact phil and ask him why he has not yet given me a refund as i gave paypal the fedex tracking # as proof so that they could see that the boa was delivered by fedex to Phil's door, they could not understand as to why he would not give me a refund when he got his boa back, i told them neither could i, they said he can't have both the money and the snake that's fraud.
greg

Old 07-21-2008, 09:42 PM   #14
Chameleon Company
Phil probably has a lot of reasons to not want to post here. Not endorsing any that I can imagine, but he would be posting from a very detracted situation. Don't know him. But I would hope three things for him:

1) That he is able to get the promised refunds out, so that he is square with all current customers.

2) That his current personal problems and family difficulties may find improvement and possibly resolution.

3) Proabably more than either of the above, that Phil would end up in a situation, to include improvements in his own personal accountability, regardless of other difficulties, where he can conduct his business without spilling his guts and laying a sob story on customers. When the excuse get deep, its no longer the excuses getting deep.

All just IMMHO, as usual.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:45 PM   #15
Chameleon Company
proabably = probably

excuse = excuses

Been a long day. Screw the spelling.

Old 07-22-2008, 11:11 AM   #16
greg c
i agree with you, i am a nice person and do not wish anything bad on anyone, and wish phil the best with his personal life i would hope that phil can get his act together and do the right thing and give me the refund that he promised, i just don't understand why he told me that he would give me the refund and then do nothing, not a word from him, can't figure it out.
greg

Old 07-22-2008, 06:44 PM   #17
spawn
Greg, I'm busy tonight. Maybe tomorrow I'll get in contact with you.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:31 AM   #18
greg c
ok, no problem.

Old 07-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #19
greg c
paypal claim

i just received an email from paypal regarding my claim, it says (case closed) so i gave paypal a call and they told me that since the purchase of the boa was made outside of ebay there is nothing that they can do, that is paypal's rules, they told me that if the boa was purchased on ebay that there would be no case that i would have my money back,(BASICALLY THEY HAVE NO PROTECTION FOR THE BUYER FOR TRANSACTIONS MADE OUTSIDE EBAY) a rule that has to change as 95% of the transactions are made outside of ebay, oh well, on the positive side i received a letter from wegotherps.com stating that they would issue me a store credit for my purchase of $295.00 good till 12/31/2008 at least now i hope we can get this matter resolved and i would hope that wegotherps.com keeps their promise of the credit to me, i will let you guys know how this turns out, i hope it will be positive.
greg

Old 07-24-2008, 03:41 PM   #20
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg c
i just received an email from paypal regarding my claim, it says (case closed) so i gave paypal a call and they told me that since the purchase of the boa was made outside of ebay there is nothing that they can do, that is paypal's rules, they told me that if the boa was purchased on ebay that there would be no case that i would have my money back,(BASICALLY THEY HAVE NO PROTECTION FOR THE BUYER FOR TRANSACTIONS MADE OUTSIDE EBAY) a rule that has to change as 95% of the transactions are made outside of ebay, oh well, on the positive side i received a letter from wegotherps.com stating that they would issue me a store credit for my purchase of $295.00 good till 12/31/2008 at least now i hope we can get this matter resolved and i would hope that wegotherps.com keeps their promise of the credit to me, i will let you guys know how this turns out, i hope it will be positive.
greg
There should be no expiration date, they have your money. They are strong arming you. Do not let them get away with telling you that you use the money in their store or else you lose it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!