wegotherps.com phil hackenberry bad guy - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-25-2008, 05:42 AM   #21
greg c
credit

yea i know, but what Else can i do? i am tired of the fighting with them over this, everyone i spoke to said that if phil promised me a full refund he should have kept his word and gave one to me, anyhow i will use the credit up and let ya know how things work out.
greg

Old 07-25-2008, 06:28 PM   #22
spawn
I just got off the phone with Greg a minute ago, and I have to say, it was almost uncanny the number of things similar with our situations. We were both lied to and dragged along that our animals would be shipped to us week-after-week, and the sheer amount of badgering that we've both had to do to even get a response from Greg (even after the amount of peaceful waiting on both of our behalfs for Greg to correct his errors) at all just speaks volumes about the service we're dealing with here.

Greg is more optimistic and classy than I am. He believes all the things that Greg is dealing with in his personal life are true; I do not. Either way, if his ads are still running on KS, he can refund money. I know that Chuck/Dennis were inquiring about this guy not too long ago, and I'd rest my rep on it that you if want service or animals in a timely manner, you're in Bizarro-world. Not that I've got a rep, but if my postings are a testament to my beliefs, you'd know I'm a no-nonsense kind of guy. Give me a yes/no answer to a yes/no question - don't string me along like a blind kid in a maze.

I'm not inhumane, and I don't think I was at all impatient waiting for the incorrect refund I eventually got. I understand people have problems in their personal lives. I understand sometimes these problems transcend the business life such as when your wife closes up the account and you have no access to the money (as Phil's wife did, explained to Greg by Phil). However, be that the case, you need to STOP making promises of the world and sending free animals (as he did promise to BOTH of us), and just send the money back to Greg. It's difficult to feel empathetic for someone when he/she has your money and is continually posting ads on KS. It's difficult to feel empathetic for someone when they insult your intelligence and spill their personal grief unto you, as if it's somehow your problem now too. This does NOT fly.

Give Greg his money back. That credit is worth about as much as a slap in the face. I never got the animals I was promised numerous, numerous times, so what's to say Greg will get his? Why would Greg even want it? If you couldn't get it right the first time, and made him jump through hoops with your wife and other "employees" (family members), what incentive does he have to accept animals from you? Ludicrous.

My verdict: don't deal with someone who's undergoing a divorce and whose ex-partner wants nothing to do with him. You'll get two different responses (as Greg did), and you'll get screwed either way. Throwing your money away with WEGOTHERPS.COM here, folks.

Old 07-25-2008, 08:11 PM   #23
DSHULD
Greg and Spwn

check your PM's and get back to me please

Old 07-26-2008, 12:27 AM   #24
Philscorpio
Wink GREG CARFI IS NOT SO HONEST.....OH NOOOOO....

Well, here’s the response that everyone out there’s been waiting for. I find this site very interesting. How about with Mr. Carfi is less than honest. Back in May of 2008 he contacted me at around 6am on a Sat morning via email. He was interested in some Boas we had for sale. I replied back and he requested a few pics. I proceeded to walk out to the warehouse and take more pics of the snakes that we had available. He found a snake that he liked and made a purchase through PayPal. I told him WE would ship on Monday. (Two days later) He made a few phone calls on and off through out the day of which we conversed. He then stated the next day to HOLD off on shipping until he could see some more snakes. I told him we had some 08s that would be ready in a few weeks. And he said he would wait. Well a week went by with numerous phone calls from him, just making small talk and wondering if I could take some pics for him of the new ones. I told him at my convenience I would as that is not a priority for me to do as they are not even ready to go yet and that I assured him that he would have first dibs on which ever ones he wanted as I didn’t have anyone asking for them, minus our wholesale customers. I stated to him to let me ship his snake as I don’t like keeping something if it’s sold. He told me no, that he wants to save on shipping. I told him, shipping was included in his first purchase and I would not charge him shipping for the others if he purchases them. He still stated no, that he would not accept it and that he just wanted pics of the new ones.
I told him, bluntly, that is not a priority for me. Plain English. I guess he has trouble not getting his way. From this point he began to call over and over, sometimes up to 20 times a day. Leaving some very “weird” messages as to why it’s so hard to send him the picks. He then starting telling me his friend that breeds boas says it’s crazy I would not do it. And I told him, again, they are not ready and that I do have other customers besides him and will not and can not dictate my schedule on his needs and demands. I also told him if he didn’t want to wait then he could purchase some from his friend since, in his words, “They are nicer than yours”. Well at that point, I told him that I would have my wife or one of my employees (Not a family member, I only have my wife and 9 yr as far as family that works for me, the rest are hired on. And no, I don’t have a daughter. Funny, how someone thinks I have a daughter and knows so much but really knows so little.) to send him some pics of some snakes to get a better idea of what he wants as far as looks go. He had sent us numerous pics of different snakes and what he was looking for and I had one employee take different pics as reference to get a better idea.
Well, after coming back from a show, I was sent a very rude email stating that he did not want a snake from me, to keep his money and forget it. It’s so hard to take pictures then I’ll go else where. Then he writes, I bought to Peruvians for 1200 dollars. Just keep your money. I told him in an email, I want to make your happy but you seem to be a person that can not be pleased. What can I do for you? He said nothing. I then told him, I don’t want to keep your snake that you purchased, so it will be sent out the next day, and he again, stated in an email, “No, I will refuse it.” I then wrote to him. Well, when these other snakes are ready, would you like me to send you a pair free??? Or could I give you a credit of double to make you happy? He said no, and to forget it. Then I speak to him a day or so later on the phone and I said you purchased Peruvians? He said, no. Which is it? He can’t even keep his lies straight from one day to the other.
Well, I would say a period of a week or so pasted and I had a storm blow through, screwed up our place alittle, no big deal. My wife and I had a small argument, as most couples do and I left for the weekend to handle some personal issues as to what we had to deal with. I will keep my personal issues out of this as it is NOONES business. I merely told him my wife and I had an argument and had some personal things going on right now and taking pics of snakes, that are not ready to go is not my priority and sorry. Of course, he didn’t like that, but to bad, life is not far, and it’s what you make of it.
He then asked for a refund, I said no, that is not our policy. I stated, our policy is taken after 90% of this business industry, of which I’m sure he did read before he made a purchase from us. He did not answer, even after asking him a few times. Then his personality began to change drastically. He called again and during a conversation, stated if your wife is being a bitch then fuck her. I’m pissed, she sent me out the wrong snake. I told him, you purchased a Suriname and that’s what you got. Then send it back. You got what you asked for. He stated, you send me a label or you will be sorry. I told him I would not and that we did nothing wrong. From that point he proceeded to send threating emails and voicemails. My goodness, if you folks heard them you would come to a conclusion very fast as to what’s going on.
In closing, as I have wasted many, many hours on this individual that I can not get back I would say this;
Mr. Carfi did not read our policy, which is his fault, not ours. If he treated us in a respectful way both on the phone and via email then things may have ended differently. But minus the stuff I left out which I will not talk about, (I do have some tact, and to embarrass him fully is not my reason of writing all of this); I don’t know what to do for him. I could have easily given him back his money, but there is a point in your life when you stand up for yourself and your family. There is a reason EVERY company has a refund/return property. And I can assure you folks, GOD as my witness, I will NOT be physically or verbally threatened or abused and that is why my wife and I decided to do something about it. There are always two sides to every story, the story I have presented is fact, based by my experience, emails, and phone calls. As I have wrote this I email I told Greg to call me tomorrow of which he said he would. I will still extend to him any animal that he wishes to have for the price agreed upon. But as he and everyone can see, I am not budging just because someone else feels they are right and threaten to tell “everyone” online. And in his last email a few mins ago he stated, “I will try to write something positive on fauna.” Why? Why do that, you repeatedly wrote over 50% of the post to yourself, already made your say as you see it, stated that I’m a BAD GUY but then you write I’m a GOOD GUY. Which one is it? I’m so lost. I don’t know how to carry on my life with all this. Just pick out one of my terrible patterned snakes, as you and all your friends stated and go about your life. What I don’t understand is why do individuals sit around all day and pass judgment on someone when they are not even involved? This world has come to a sad state and if everyone learned to treat others with respect and dignity then we would not have these problems. But then I guess this world and life would be dull.
I can say, I have had many times, when I was not happy with a business. I couldn’t get my money back, when I thought I was right. So I didn’t do business with them any more. Why is that so hard to do? I do know, years ago before I started my own company I thought as many people on here do, but when you do run a business your train of thought does change and you understand different things on a different level. Now, don’t get me wrong, there are many bad business owners out there, and no one in any way is perfect. I have been reading a few of these posts and if you look how these people speak of there experiences I can see it both ways. And there are many I can see are horrible thieves and should not be in any form of business what so ever. But you can see crap some of these people on here write as well and just laugh to yourself. Heck, a year from now I might self evaluate and say, hmmm…maybe I should have handled it this way…or this way. Who knows, I may or I may not. Isn’t that what life is about, learning and growing, bettering your self and the ones you love? What I do know is this….If you lie to someone you are a liar. If you tell the truth, you are a whiner. So as I have stated in one other post, you can’t please everyone. But I know there are many people out there that love this stuff and can’t get enough. Actually if I had more time to waste I would probably get on here more myself and talk about animals and such. It’s actually nice to know that so many individuals have nothing better to do than talk about little ole me. It’s nice, I like the attention. I appreciate all the nice emails that we have received and all the customers that we have that are more than happy with our service. And like the last post, I have said all I care to say about this matter and will not write anything else whether I continue to have positive feed back or negative.
And Frank, NO GUARANTEE ON FROGS, means exactly that. It sucks, I know, we lost 6k on frogs shipped to use 2 months ago. And I was just as mad, so I can relate. But I didn’t whine about it online nor did I point out who the company was. Boy, if you all saw those emails from him and knew who it was you would not believe it!
All in all…..who really cares right? I guess we all do. But that’s just my thoughts.

Old 07-26-2008, 01:30 AM   #25
Dennis Hultman
Phil, Your new thread has been merged with this one. Please keep it to this one thread.

Thank you.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:28 AM   #26
spawn
And like the last post, I have said all I care to say about this matter and will not write anything else whether I continue to have positive feed back or negative.

So like the last post, you're reiterating the lying intention to post again despite having nothing to say by definition negating your post to begin with? Great. Why don't you teach a philosophy class while you're at it?

Maybe you should reread the BOI rules, and you'd learn the BOI is to inform people about you. I posted here because I do NOT think other people should have to go through what I did.

Heck, a year from now I might self evaluate and say, hmmm…maybe I should have handled it this way…or this way. Who knows, I may or I may not. Isn’t that what life is about, learning and growing, bettering your self and the ones you love? What I do know is this….If you lie to someone you are a liar. If you tell the truth, you are a whiner. So as I have stated in one other post, you can’t please everyone. But I know there are many people out there that love this stuff and can’t get enough. Actually if I had more time to waste I would probably get on here more myself and talk about animals and such. It’s actually nice to know that so many individuals have nothing better to do than talk about little ole me.

I don't know if you read the title of the thread, but it's about you and your company. Quit trying to detract from the fact that your customer service, let alone, your sending money you promised, is so far below par, it's pissing people off enough to write about it on the internet.

And Frank, NO GUARANTEE ON FROGS, means exactly that. It sucks, I know, we lost 6k on frogs shipped to use 2 months ago. And I was just as mad, so I can relate. But I didn’t whine about it online nor did I point out who the company was. Boy, if you all saw those emails from him and knew who it was you would not believe it!

No guarantee on frogs? Wow. This musta' been your disastrous employee's fault at work here, because if you recall (as your invoice to me also states, which I have in my hand), you sent me 5 frogs, out of the 14 frogs total. You did NOT send the frogs when we agreed on it; they came a week later without notice of any kind, I happened to stumble upon the box as I walked outside one Friday morning. So what exactly does "no guarantee" on frogs mean? You will not send out the animals I paid for? Because you also said you would send out the rest of the order next week. You told me you had to fill previous orders, which is why you didn't complete my order. I suspected you were lying (I was correct), because I figured the other frogs died. Neither one was a good excuse. I should have had a refund in my paypal account by the end of the second week. I didn't. It came way, way later (maybe 6 weeks?) after I initially sent the payment? But I want to say 2 months. I don't remember. It was a ridiculously long time to get a refund, especially since you didn't answer the phone or my emails quite a few times, but in the beginning when the prospect of gaining a new customer was abound, WELL, I'll respond within the hour.

Face it Phil - it was a classic scam. Make promises and great prices, but take the money and never deliver. The fact that I let your personal qualms get in the way of my demanding a refund sooner is my own fault; hindsight is always 20/20. I realize that now.

It sucks, I know, we lost 6k on frogs shipped to use 2 months ago. And I was just as mad, so I can relate. But I didn’t whine about it online nor did I point out who the company was.

Are you slow? I don't care. It's not at all surprising. You don't know anything about these animals, and you're just trying to get rid of them as cheap as possible, as you told me over the phone, "I'm not used to these frogs dying left and right."

You didn't whine about it or point out the company? Why not? Probably because they import many other animals from Malaysia that you make a bigger buck on and you didn't want to lose that exporter, so the $6k probably wasn't that big of a loss Mr. Multimillionaire, was it? Well guess what - I did, and you don't seem too happy. I'm not a multimillionaire. The BOI is to reveal to inquiring minds what kind of business a possible customer might be dealing with. I told my experience. Quit questioning the very essence of the BOI like it's some kind of unreasonable forum. It's to highlight mega-douches like you.

All in all…..who really cares right? I guess we all do. But that’s just my thoughts.

That about says it right there. Can't respond to a "when's my refund coming?" but someone inquires about a snake, they get a response in ten minutes. You can take-take-take, you just can't seem to give-give-give.

DO NOT BUY FROM PHIL HACKENBERRY. Do not give your business to wegotherps.com, and don't be had by this elitist tool.

Old 07-26-2008, 07:46 AM   #27
greg c
all i have to say is that phil is not telling the truth, i spoke with frank last nite and played for him the 2 messages left by phil promising me two times of a full refund for their mistake for shipping out the wrong snake, frank knows i am telling the truth here and i would hope that he would post something to let you all know that he has listened to the message and that i am telling the truth, as for phil saying that i have a problem that i can't make up my mind, this is phils email to me last nite
(Hey Greg,
I heard my wife sent u an email. I hope it wasn't to rough??? : )If you
want you can give me a call tomorrow on my personal cell.
I'm not very happy with you posting things I told you about my personal
life. You have NO idea what my life is just like I have no idea what yours is.
If I could have called you back I would have. I didn't have the means too at
the time.
Anyways....if you want to keep posting things then by all means do so......but
if you want to talk give me a call. I will be at my folks in the morning helping
my father replace some cabinets but should be available sometime after 1 pm

his wifes email to me was so disturbing and far from the truth that i had my local police look at it and they told me that the email was threatening

WHERE WAS PHIL FOR 3 WEEKS ON MARS THAT HE COULD NOT CONTACT ME (come on phil you mean to tell me that you had no access to a phone)

and here is my reply, simply stating that if we resolve this that i would try to say something positive about him on fauna for his effort because i am a nice guy
, but as you can see it's twisted again by phil here is my reply

phil this has gotten way out of hand your wife was rough i had to talk to the police about her email that she sent me , phil all i want to do is resolve this, i told heather this is not my fault i said to her if you paid me $295.00 for a boa and i kept the money and i gave her nothing, what would she think of me, plus i'm out $40.00 for her mistake that i had to pay to ship the boa back PHIL I AM ASKING YOU PLEASE LETS RESOLVE THIS and i will try to write something positive on fauna, where were you since i last spoke to you things have gotten ugly.greg

WELL SO MUCH FOR TRYING TO GE MR NICE GUY

another thing
what do they think i am supposed to do say how wonderfull they are for screwing me out of $295.00, of course your gonna get mad and send some emails that sound threatening to them, remember i,
am the victim here i am the one out $295.00 not them

ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT FRANK LISTEND TO THE MESSAGES LEFT BY PHIL TO ME PROMISING ME A FULL REFUND AND FRANK KNOWS I AM TELLING THE TRUTH AND FRANK KNOWS WHO IS TWISTING THINGS AROUND

the bottom line is that i do not have the boa i bought and i am out $295.00 plus $40.00 to ship the boa back, but i shouldn't be mad, a normal person would have told phil to go and bleep himself but i will not do that (ya know god says what you do onto others you will get back ten fold ) and i will leave it at that
, phil can keep the store credit he has offered me as i have had it and i am sick of the begging to get some service out of phil
phil said a couple of time throughout the whole deal i have told him that i do not want anything from him anymore because i was pissed with the service, phil kept promising me more free stuff but never delivered so whats the sense of accepting something you will have to bend over backwards to get i am not playing into phils games anymore,
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT I NEVER IN ALL MY 35 YEARS OF BEING IN THIS HOBBY HAVE BEEN TREATED SO POORLY AND HAD TO FIGHT WITH SOMEONE TO GET WHAT I PAID FOR,

at this point should be my last post as i do not wish anything bad on anybody i wish phil the best and that he can get his act together and give his customers the service that they deserve i will only post again if i feel it completely necessary

this was a bad experience for me and i will never recommend to anyone or will i buy again from wegotherps.com

Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 AM   #28
spawn
ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS THAT FRANK LISTEND TO THE MESSAGES LEFT BY PHIL TO ME PROMISING ME A FULL REFUND AND FRANK KNOWS I AM TELLING THE TRUTH AND FRANK KNOWS WHO IS TWISTING THINGS AROUND
(Greg #27)

+

frank knows i am telling the truth here and i would hope that he would post something to let you all know that he has listened to the message and that i am telling the truth
(Greg #27)

I did in fact hear said messages.

Or could I give you a credit of double to make you happy? He said no, and to forget it. Then I speak to him a day or so later on the phone and I said you purchased Peruvians? He said, no. Which is it? He can’t even keep his lies straight from one day to the other.

(Phil #24)

Hogwash; seems like neither can you:

He then asked for a refund, I said no, that is not our policy.
(Phil #24)

Even though the messages you left on Greg's machine talk about a refund that is being delayed. Funny how you changed your mind (I like to call it reneging - a bold move by an equally cunning linguist like yourself, Phil, since that's exactly what it is, or is now that you need the money).

I will keep my personal issues out of this as it is NOONES business.
(Phil #24)

+

I'm not very happy with you posting things I told you about my personal
life. You have NO idea what my life is just like I have no idea what yours is.
If I could have called you back I would have. I didn't have the means too at
the time.

(Greg #27)

But it was okay to tell Greg, because he really wants to hear how horrible your life is; how the prospect of money returning is bleak now that your life is in rough patches; because it's his business to begin with. Oh wait! None of those are legitimate reasons to badger Greg with your small-talk - you were just buying yourself time and hoping he'd give up on you, like he did, because he's a nice, caring, classy-raised guy who simply doesn't like fighting. You should be lucky he's as nice and easy-going as he is. Don't twist his words. You wouldn't have sent him the email you did last night had you not thought he wasn't going to post it, since you've talked to him enough to know what a good guy he is who just wants this resolved. Unfortunately for you, he did post it, because he - like I, do not want other people to have to go through the messes we were through with you.

One last time, just for the icing on the cake:

this is not my fault i said to her if you paid me $295.00 for a boa and i kept the money and i gave her nothing, what would she think of me, plus i'm out $40.00
(Greg #27)

1) You're a multi millionaire, and you made a guy whose order was screwed up by your wife, pay the $40 to ship it BACK to you;

2) You acknowledge that he did send the snake back to him, ON HIS OWN BILL, yet still have not refunded his money WHY?!

3) Between you and your wife, you're about as organized as a pair of blind mice in a dark hole with those pictures of the animals. It doesn't exactly [i]help[i/] your image if your wife wants nothing to do with the business now, and she was the one dealing with Greg part of the time.

Your argument holds about as much water as a cracked wine glass, Phil. DO NOT GIVE PHIL HACKENBERRY YOUR BUSINESS of WeGotHerps.com. Great promises do NOT equal good results here. Take your business elsewhere.

Old 07-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #29
John E Dove
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philscorpio
Boy, if you all saw those emails from him and knew who it was you would not believe it!
So post the emails and prove your case.

Old 07-26-2008, 03:53 PM   #30
lanceheads
DITTO what Mr. Dove said!

Randal

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!