wegotherps.com phil hackenberry bad guy - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-22-2009, 11:55 AM   #31
JoeRissa
Did this issue ever get resolved? It just kinda dropped off!!!!

Old 07-28-2009, 04:14 PM   #32
tradernick
about Phil Hackenberry with We Got Herps

Just found this thread recently. Phil is not someone I'd reccomend. He seems like a real nice guy....used to be a cop (he says). But he has major issues with honest dealings.

I met Phil through a craigslist ad I placed, when I was looking for a free home for a couple of ball pythons. Turns out he and I had been in line at a pet shop a few days before and had exchanged pleasantries.

Phil befriended me and talked as if he were a big time reptile dealer. We met for lunch a couple of times and he came over to the house...his son and my kids played together. I really thought I had a new friend.

Then one day he asked if I could bankroll a reptile deal. He had a chance to buy some monitors and needed $1200. He promised to triple my money in 90 days. I was foolish enough to give it to him. Long story short he's gone, my money is gone and he has changed his phone number, can't reach him or find him anywhere. I'm not even sure he's in the business anymore.

I'm not looking for any pity here. I was stupid enough to give him money. I just hope that this post makes someone else aware of what kind of person he really is. Maybe he won't be able to screw someone because of my posting here.

Nick Boyd
formerly a friend, currently a victim.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:05 PM   #33
spawn
Very sorry to hear that, Nick. Phil was a very high strung guy through email with a few people, claiming to be a millionaire etc. etc. Blamed other problems on his wife in the business. The inability to contact him sounds exactly what I went through with him. Loves to take your money; doesn't like to give you your goods.

Old 07-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #34
greg c
hi, if you remember Phil promising me store credit to get another suriname redtail boa by the end of 08, also in a phone conversation with phil he also told me that by the end of 08 if he still does not have any suriname boas for me that he would just give me a full refund of $340.00, well after over a year of emailing and numerous phone conversations with phil (yea he still tells you about all his personal problems) in march of 09 he finally made a partial payment of $40.00 of the $340.00 that he owes me, i told him thanks so much and he told me he would pay me the rest with his tax refund, so i waited a couple of months till i knew he got his refund back, then i called him and asked when he was going to pay me the rest of the money that he owed me and he told me that he had filed for bankruptcy but he said that he would still give me the refund of $300.00, well i never got anything from him as he does not answer his phone, does not answer my emails and when i send him a money request through pay pal he still does nothing and you know he looks at emails from paypal $, Phil is very dishonest and i was very upset about the lies that he wrote about me in this post, I'm one of the nicest guys that you will ever meet and his lies about me really pissed me off, the truth allways comes out, i remember telling phil that what you do onto others you will get back ten fold, well i guess he got the ten fold, we do not need people like phil in our hobby, sorry all of you other guys had to go through what i went though, this is the worst experience i had in over 35 years of being in the hobby, do yourself a favor and run like hell when you see an add from phil of wegotherps.com.
greg

Old 07-29-2009, 04:38 PM   #35
greg c
Frank, did you ever receive the frogs or a full refund from phil.

Old 07-29-2009, 07:05 PM   #36
monitors007
Another person falls victim...

if anybody knows or finds out how to contact this so called businessman as he tries to come off as, please feel free to email me direct with a pm, please. i really thought this man was legit since i Am in the law enforcement field and thought for sure he was semi okay to deal with. bought a monitor off him about this time last year, promised it was in great shape and so forth, said it was eating med rats and so forth. well, when i got him, he was majorly underweight and no way in heck was eating med rats! i raise and breed monitors and this poor soul needed some major weight gain. i even was talking to him on the phone when i opened the box and removed him from the large cloth bag, i immediately got quiet when i pulled him out and saw just how underweight he was and phil immediately asked what i though. the colors were absolutely gorgeous but i let him know right then and then that the monitor was in no way eating med rats and asked specifically when the last time it ate. claimed the week before, no way but was happy with the colors and how semi tame it was. took me 4 months to get him to the weight i felt comfortable with. so, i decided to try blood pythons and contacted phil again cause we talked quite a bite especially since he was trying to pass off that he was a ex cop and so forth and i guess that is what sparked our friendship along with my breeding rep and years of experience. so i decided to see if he would get me a awesome pair of bloods and hopefully babies. he sent me pics of an awesome pair and said that they were cbb juvies and gave me a good deal. well to get to the point, they came in to me with severe resp. and after a week of sitting under heat, wouldnt even look at food after he assured me that they were his "hold back" pair and the best of the clutch. i lost the gorgeous male and the female i thought i would loose as well but pulled her through. i took pics of the male and sent them to him just to let him know since i thought we were friends and to let him know. well, he came back apologizing and said he would make it right and os on and so forth, and blah,blah,blah, you all know what i am talking about. called me to tell me he was having health problems,didnt forget about me and so forth. anywyas, didnt hear anything so i called, the number no longer working, called cell, no number exsists, and the other number as well. the man has taken up and left and screwed alot of people and i now see he is NOT who he was trying to portray or the honest guy i thought was legit and upfront. i am just sorry i am not able to pursue this in my law enforcement end of it cause i would love aperhending this guy and putting the cuffs on him and just to see his face! he is a real piece of work and hope he gets what is coming to him after reading all these posts and how he has done wrong. and the funny thing is, when i first started talking to him, i looked him up here since i have been here for awhile and let him know about the negatives and we talked about everyone here that posted against him and he assured me that all this was NOT true and peolpe pissed off cause they either killed the animals or messed up themselves! what goes around comes around and it will catch him soo, it always does. sorry to hear about everyones negative transactions with him, but i as well have seen exactly who and what he is and i wonder if he was truly a cop, WHY ISNT HE ANYMORE? THINGS THAT MAKE YOU SAY HMMMMMMMMM....TAKE CARE.

Old 07-29-2009, 08:58 PM   #37
greg c
Sorry to hear about all the bad experiences that you guys had with Phil, i knew in time that people would see Phil for who he really is, a big liar, i was so upset as everything Phil had posted about me was all twisted lies and way far from the truth, Phil's actions proved it here, as Phil continues to take advantage of his customers and make a living out of doing it, i have prayed in the past that Phil would change his ways and treat his customers with the respect that they deserve but it looks like Phil has continued his evil ways, again so sorry to all you guys that had to go through what i did, (if you see an add from PHIL HACKENBERRY Of WEGOTHERPS.COM TURN AND RUN, DO NOT BUY FROM HIM)

Old 07-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #38
spawn
Quote:
Originally Posted by greg c View Post
Frank, did you ever receive the frogs or a full refund from phil.
Bear in mind this was a WHILE ago. LIke, two years? I can't remember. I might actually have the emails saved still. I'm too lazy to post them, as it doesn't serve any purpose other than showing all the excuses and stuff. I received SOME frogs, and then on the last order he never sent the animals out (never called to let me know he wasn't going to ship either - I had to call him to get more excuses of why he couldn't talk), so after weeks and weeks of emailing him to get a response out of him, his DAUGHTER emails my paypal address (rather than my normal email addy), saying she's giving out a refund from Phil. The refund was deficient by $20 or $30, so I never got all my money back. I don't understand why you would refund me but then keep $20 or $30. I guess when you're in the business of scamming a little bit adds up quickly...

Old 08-22-2009, 04:10 PM   #39
greg c
well over a month passed and still no response from phil, i have been sending him a payment request through paypal for the $300.00 refund that he promised me, i will be sending him a money request through paypal every day for the rest of my life if need be for the $300.00 that he stole from me, until i am paid in full, DO NOT BUY OR DEAL WITH PHIL OF WEGOTHERPS.COM WHEN YOU SEE ONE OF HIS ADS RUN LIKE HELL

Old 08-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #40
monitors007
called the numbers, tried the email addys, no replies or even one that worked. tried texting the new number given to me for him, like i thought, no reply or call back. a real piece of work. like the saying goes, "what comes around, goes around" and sooner than later it will catch up to him and kick him severely in the ass!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!