wegotherps.com phil hackenberry bad guy - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-19-2009, 07:20 AM   #41
greg c
Quote:
Originally Posted by monitors007 View Post
called the numbers, tried the email addys, no replies or even one that worked. tried texting the new number given to me for him, like i thought, no reply or call back. a real piece of work. like the saying goes, "what comes around, goes around" and sooner than later it will catch up to him and kick him severely in the ass!!!
search wegotherps.com and look at his new site, well looks like phil is up and scamming again, DO NOT BUY FROM PHIL OF WEGOTHERPS, UNLESS YOU WANT TO GIVE HIM SOME FREE MONEY.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:44 AM   #42
himmie
I just came across the Phil related threads tonight.
So, here's another one:
My experience with Phil began in November of 2008. I inquired about a Red Blood Python and a Brazilian Rainbow boa. I agreed to purchase them and we set a ship date. That was delayed due to the amount of business they had that day, or something of the sort. Now, I was having them shipped to Wisconsin. This was winter. (I had received another snake from a different person in Florida the day prior, it arrived still warm and well.) The snakes arrived completely ice cold and lifeless. Granted, shipping probably should not have been done but I did warn him about the conditions of their destination. We managed to warm them up however, the Red Blood died shortly after. (The Brazilian is still alive and well now.) I contacted Phil to let him know about the Red Blood. He said he was very sorry and had "never lost one before." I was not expecting a replacement but he offered it -- if I paid $50 to ship it. So, we agreed upon that. I asked that he ship it to my (now) Arizona address. He agreed. There were several e-mails of car accidents, holidays, illness, etcetera that caused a delay... Suddenly, he disappeared. I have tried e-mailing him numerous times in the nearly year that has passed. Nothing. The e-mails do not go through, no response is received, their website is constantly doing a disappearing act. I went back through all of the e-mails that he and I exchanged last year and decided to e-mail him once again. We will see if there is any response...

Old 09-30-2009, 06:02 AM   #43
greg c
Quote:
Originally Posted by himmie View Post
I just came across the Phil related threads tonight.
So, here's another one:
My experience with Phil began in November of 2008. I inquired about a Red Blood Python and a Brazilian Rainbow boa. I agreed to purchase them and we set a ship date. That was delayed due to the amount of business they had that day, or something of the sort. Now, I was having them shipped to Wisconsin. This was winter. (I had received another snake from a different person in Florida the day prior, it arrived still warm and well.) The snakes arrived completely ice cold and lifeless. Granted, shipping probably should not have been done but I did warn him about the conditions of their destination. We managed to warm them up however, the Red Blood died shortly after. (The Brazilian is still alive and well now.) I contacted Phil to let him know about the Red Blood. He said he was very sorry and had "never lost one before." I was not expecting a replacement but he offered it -- if I paid $50 to ship it. So, we agreed upon that. I asked that he ship it to my (now) Arizona address. He agreed. There were several e-mails of car accidents, holidays, illness, etcetera that caused a delay... Suddenly, he disappeared. I have tried e-mailing him numerous times in the nearly year that has passed. Nothing. The e-mails do not go through, no response is received, their website is constantly doing a disappearing act. I went back through all of the e-mails that he and I exchanged last year and decided to e-mail him once again. We will see if there is any response...
what a joke, don't count on getting anything from Phil, he is doing the same thing to me, i have done nothing wrong on my end, at the time i bought the boa from Phil he was going through tough times with his wife and she kicked him out of the house, phil's wife had to run the business at that time and she shipped me the wrong snake, they told me to ship it back, made me pay to ship it back and that they would refund me my money back, well they decided to bash me as the reason not to give me my money back, like i said what a joke i have done nothing wrong, they just kept my money because they were going through tough times, same thing here, Phil does not respond to my emails, does not answer the phone, i have messages saved on my answering machine still of Phil promising me of a full refund, it's been 15 months since i bought the snake from Phil now and still nothing, Phil told me that he went out of business and claimed bankruptcy, have you searched the web lately, his new website is up and running waiting to scam his next victims, IF YOU SEE ANIMALS ADVERTISED FOR SALE FROM PHIL OF WEGOTHERPS DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND RUN LIKE HELL AS MANY PEOPLE HAVE BEEN SCAMMED BY HIM.

Old 09-30-2009, 02:02 PM   #44
DJSlurp1200
We Bought a couple het albino females from him last year at one of the Orlando Repticon shows... Bred one to a VISUAL albino this past season and have a clutch of eggs in the incubator right now... October 10th will be Day 50 and I'll be dusting off the scissors to see how things faired as to whether we were sold a true het or not....

I'll let everyone know how it goes...

Old 10-22-2009, 07:45 PM   #45
DJSlurp1200
Female didn't prove... no visuals...

Was paired only with our albino male...

Old 10-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #46
monitors007
Sorry to hear that...be more careful next time since there are so many bad disclaimers against this man and his company. I know how you feel...still waiting for him to make things right with me about a so called pair of cbb blood pythons that came to me as well ice cold and once i got them warmed up came to find they both had upper respiratory and will all my experience, could not save either one and he has promised to make it right but we are now going on one year and two months and still wont send a list of what he has available or even fill the request for reimbursesment via paypal and have sent two requests now and as soon as i do, he or his so called worker emails with an excuse for why he needs my phone number and can not contact me and so forth, always excuses and told me he lost my number but while i was on duty, i received a call from him on my cell so some one was definately pulling something with that excuse or something and i also informed him i could not call him due to the case and investigation i am on at this time. i am off today and saw this thread so i thought i would check it out and see who else got mixed up in all this turmoil with him. take care and please think real hard from what is posted here from ALOT of people about phil and the company WE GOT HERPS.

Old 10-22-2009, 09:13 PM   #47
greg c
sorry to hear that, but i kinda knew what the outcome would be, he still owes me $300.00 refund, the last time i spoke with Phil was in the beginning of this year, he told me that he was sorry about the delayed refund and that he would give me one when he got his tax return back, well i have been waiting and still nothing, he does not answer his phone and he does not respond to my emails, sound familiar, i guess he just decided that he doesn't want to pay out what is do to us all, one minute Phil tells me how sorry he is and he wants to give me a refund and the next minute he does not want to give me one, which on is it Phil, i think he lost it as he keeps changing his mind, when i used to talk with him on the phone he sounded like he was not all there, IF YOU SEE AN AD FROM WEGOTHERPS. NET OR COM....RUN LIKE HELL

Old 10-22-2009, 11:03 PM   #48
monitors007
we really need to stop doing this and let people that are having a hard time get back on their feet and try and get things caught back up. we all have problems that arise and sometimes cant get things taken care of right away but do our best to try and slowly get back on our feet. i pray that we all that post here dont ever get to that point and fall to the point that we cant get back up financially and spirutualy. i know that things happen and we try to walk away from them without looking back praying that it goes away and sometimes it does and other times it doesnt. hope for all the best and for it to all work out positively and with good outcome. all my blessings and prayers.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:00 AM   #49
greg c
i agree with you, i am the guy that Phil's wife shipped out the wrong Suriname boa to when his wife threw him out of the house, Phil told me he was so sorry for the mix up and to ship the boa back and he would either give me another one or give me a refund, so i paid to ship the snake back to him, then Phil went back on his word and decided to keep the snake and the money, where i come from that is so WRONG, there has been many times Phil could have made things right as i often seen Suriname red tail boas for sale on his site, he could have resolved this a long time ago by simply offering one to me, but instead he lied and made me out to be the bad guy all to justify him keeping my money, Phil is not the only one going through tough times, we all are, i know i am, i don't have $300.00 to just throw away, Phil has animals for sale on his site right now, do you think he would at least offer one to me to end this BS., i know i would.

Old 10-28-2009, 11:53 AM   #50
DJSlurp1200
Quote:
Originally Posted by monitors007 View Post
Sorry to hear that...be more careful next time since there are so many bad disclaimers against this man and his company. I know how you feel...still waiting for him to make things right with me about a so called pair of cbb blood pythons that came to me as well ice cold and once i got them warmed up came to find they both had upper respiratory and will all my experience, could not save either one and he has promised to make it right but we are now going on one year and two months and still wont send a list of what he has available or even fill the request for reimbursesment via paypal.
I didn't know who he was... never saw anything negative about him... although I dont frequent the BOI a whole lot either... at the time I just kinda took a chance and bought "what I believed and were promised" as hets for a lower than normal price during the last hour of the orlando show on Sunday...

Oh well!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!