Info Derek Cucco aka Derek Crudo / Drock989 Buyer Beware!!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:27 PM   #1
reptails
Derek Cucco aka Derek Crudo / Drock989 Buyer Beware!!!!

This guy had this same ad on Kingsnake last night. The seller name is different on each site, but the pictures are identical. When I inquired about the ad he told me the male pied was sold for his asking price of $1000 but told me I could buy it if I offered you more. Now I see he has offered it here, today, for $2000. Following is the correspondence word for word:

My initial email was: On Dec 21, 2009 8:21 PM, <reptails@embarqmail.com> wrote:
What is the age of the male? How many litters has he sired?

You replied: > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: derek cucco > To: reptails@embarqmail.com > Sent: Monday, ... He's an 05 and has sired 6 clutches. Two his first year and 4 last year. He's quite an active breeder and feeds throughout breeding season. He has been cooled but not bred. His status is pending as of now but money talks so if you really want him make an offer. Let me know. Thanks,

Derek

NOTE: This message was sent to you via the Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your ability to receive legitimate messages from Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised

My response was:

On Dec 21, 2009 8:21 PM, <reptails@embarqmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure what you mean by "His status is pending as of now but money talks so if you really want him make an offer".

You replied: > > From: derek cucco > To: Rep-Tails > Sent: Monday, December 21, 2009 7:33 PM > Subject: Re: Mess... Basically someone is supposedly willing to give me the asking price. I'm am however a little skeptical as to his credibility. Considering the animal is worth a considerable amount more than what I'm asking, if you were to offer more than the other person I would have to sell to you considering the person has not given me anything to hold him. Make more sense?

My reply was: Monday, December 21, 2009 7:35 PM:
So, have you already committed to selling him to this person?

I got no response after that until I sent another email asking if he was sold to which you replied: Yes he is. Thanks for your interest.

So my take on the whole situation is that he was trying to "auction" the snake to the highest bidder. These sites (Fauna and Kingsnake) are not the sites for that type of practice.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:35 PM   #2
Southern Wolf
Can you post screenshots of the ads both here and on KS to show the similarities (sp?)?

Old 12-23-2009, 11:40 PM   #3
reptails
I wish I could but the Kingsnake ad has expired. I would be happy to forward you the correspondence to you if you would like.

Old 12-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #4
Southern Wolf
He may repost it... and if he does... get a screenshot.

Old 12-24-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
MikeRusso
I am writing ONLY as a 3rd party observer on this issue to let everyone know that this Male Pied was sold to a friend of mine and was delivered in person by Derek.

I have never met or even spoken to Derek and have not done business with him in the past, therefore I cannot vouch for his future dealing negatively or positively. I am only here to say that on this deal, I am confident that all went well and this animal was delivered.

Happy Holidays!

~ Mike Russo

Old 12-24-2009, 04:19 PM   #6
hhmoore
Mike,
I trust you are familiar with the rule regarding anonymous third party information...care to name him?

Old 12-24-2009, 05:03 PM   #7
oxygen8569
Hi, I purchased the pied male from Derek. Everything Mike Russo said is true. I met Derek for local pick up on tuesday morning. Everything is ok on my end of the deal Derek seems to be a good guy to deal with.

Thanks Doug

Old 12-24-2009, 05:15 PM   #8
drock989
Anyone curious about me or questioning my credability can private message me and I will gladly provide numerous references. I am not a scam artist, nor am I a dishonest person. I do admit to poor judgement in this matter and can only apologize for that. Thank you Doug and Mike for your support on this matter. Just so we are clear, Doug was not the perspective buyer who's credability I questioned. Happy Holidays to all and I hope this moment of poor judgement can be forgiven. Thanks,

Derek

Old 12-24-2009, 05:21 PM   #9
drock989
Also for those questioning the reposting of the add, I bumped the ad from a mobile internet source. If I had access to a normal computer at the time, I would have created a new thread but since I couldn't I just bumped the current one and marked the Pied SOLD!!! So how would I be trying to sell it for $2,000 when it's clearly marked SOLD!! The dollar amount was pre- existing as I was originally asking this amount.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!