Bad Guy Daniel Nutwell - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-29-2009, 07:35 AM   #11
AtrociousOne
Being that i'm new to the monitor scene, yes, i was wrong. after talking to actual trustworthy enthusiasts with current ROC permit's it's definitely a Nile. i just didn't think that a pet shop would sell me something identified wrong. if you ship it back i'll refund you completely, and i'll speak to the pet shop i obtained the animal from. Also, i'll be speaking to FWC about the incident.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:26 PM   #12
NeoReptiliac
I'm afraid I can not ship it to you. You broke the law by shipping it to me with out a permit. I will not do the same by shipping it back. Also I was told by the FWC not to send it back to you. The best advice I and anyone else can give to you at this point is to do the right thing and refund the money. Being accountable for your own mistakes is the most adult and most responsible course of action any business man can ever make when it comes to maintaining a good reputation. Anyone that comes to this thread and reads it that is interested in buying something from you, will care if you did the right thing or not, and it will indeed decide for them if you should be someone they buy from. So this is more for your good then it is mine.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:31 PM   #13
dturner100
Indeed, if you don't make the refund you may keep a few dollars, but otherwise anytime somebody wants to buy from you and searches this forum you'll end up losing way more money long term.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:52 PM   #14
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtrociousOne View Post
Being that i'm new to the monitor scene, yes, i was wrong. after talking to actual trustworthy enthusiasts with current ROC permit's it's definitely a Nile. i just didn't think that a pet shop would sell me something identified wrong. if you ship it back i'll refund you completely, and i'll speak to the pet shop i obtained the animal from. Also, i'll be speaking to FWC about the incident.
Yes it's definitely varanus niloticus. Very nice looking animal to.

Due to the animal being sold in a pet shop possibly without the proper permits is probably selling illegally which is usually why they label the animal another species so they can sell it. This happens often. It also could have been an honest mistake on the pet shops part.

Do you have the receipt from when you bought the animal at the shop???

Old 12-29-2009, 05:31 PM   #15
Archie Bottoms
I would be speaking to the pet shop about a refund and reporting them.You should refund the money as well, you broke the law as did the supposid pet shop.And find the lizard a good home

Old 12-29-2009, 10:44 PM   #16
AtrociousOne
shipping the animal out of the state is not breaking the law, where she lives the animal is legal. she has contacted FWC so when they contact me, i will inform them of the shop. i don't have a receipt though, i didn't get one cuz i've bought from them plenty, and trusted them. woops

Old 12-29-2009, 11:13 PM   #17
Southern Wolf
I think the question remains... what are you going to do to satisfy this with YOUR customer?

Old 12-29-2009, 11:34 PM   #18
AtrociousOne
i'm going to get things straightened out with the pet shop i purchased it from and with my laws. and FWC. i'm far more concerned with the repercussions of the state for having the Nile at this point in time.

Old 12-29-2009, 11:41 PM   #19
LauraB
Quote:
i don't have a receipt though, i didn't get one cuz i've bought from them plenty, and trusted them
Daniel, getting a receipt is not a matter of how many times you've made purchases or your level of trust. If they are indeed a business, a brick and mortar pet store as you claim, and you paid them, then they most likely provided a receipt just like another other retail store would.

If it is unlawful for YOU to possess the animal in your state, and Reeve knowingly ships it back to you, then Reeve could be in violation of the law.

Just refund the money now and educate yourself on animal identification so you will not be duped in the future.

You've taken positive steps already admitting that a mistake was made, so refunding Reeve's money now will only help you in your future endeavors. Good luck

Old 12-29-2009, 11:45 PM   #20
Southern Wolf
agreed.... you have taken a giant step admiting the mistake. We hope you will do whats right.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!