Question for leo breeders - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-03-2005, 03:27 PM   #1
reptilebaby
Question for leo breeders

I just had my first baby leo hatch today. How long should I wait before I feed it? A week? a few days?

thanks!

Old 08-03-2005, 03:36 PM   #2
dragonflyreptiles
I usually put a dish of mealies by day 3, sooner if I see a shed starting before then. They normally will start eating when they have their first shed on or around day 3 but you may miss it if they shed during the night so I put them in on day 3 even if I don't see them starting to shed.

I put a water dish in on day 1 and mist them 3 times a day for a few weeks.

Old 08-03-2005, 07:21 PM   #3
USAGECKOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonflyreptiles
I usually put a dish of mealies by day 3, sooner if I see a shed starting before then. They normally will start eating when they have their first shed on or around day 3 but you may miss it if they shed during the night so I put them in on day 3 even if I don't see them starting to shed.

I put a water dish in on day 1 and mist them 3 times a day for a few weeks.
Good Advice - I agree!

Old 08-03-2005, 07:44 PM   #4
reptilebaby
ok, thanks!!
I can't wait until the eggs all hatch!!!
When I went to look at the eggs I was shocked to see that baby. After constantly checking and finding bad eggs, it was a nice surprise.

Old 08-03-2005, 08:22 PM   #5
raiquee
Isn't it wonderful? After about 3-4 days like Wendy said, if i haven't noticed a shed i throw in a couple worms. Not crickets, they can be bothersome. Worms tend to leave the leos alone They will eat them after they shed, but the first shed CAN last up to a full week before they shed it! I think mine shed on the 4th day. They live off their yolk sac until then. Yum yum

Old 08-05-2005, 10:28 AM   #6
reptilebaby
ok. Now I have 2!! the first one shed the day it hatched. Is that normal?

Old 08-05-2005, 01:10 PM   #7
Milwaukee Reptiles
I can happen. Mine shed anywhere from 1-4 days after hatching, most right about 2 or 3

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!