Bad Guy Chris McVicar and Randy from New Shed Serpents in OKC, OK - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2009, 11:47 PM   #1
kellymack515
Chris McVicar and Randy from New Shed Serpents in OKC, OK

This is my first posting here so if this isn't in the correct format, please forgive me.

I purchased a female type II anery Nic for $200 from these guys a few months ago. They were really nice and allowed me to make payments. I saw the Nic before I bought her and while she didn't quite look like the type II Nics I'd seen before, I went ahead and purchased her. I quarantined her and didn't handle her for a few weeks. I then took her to be dewormed at my vet and when I brought her out of the bag I was surprised to see a lot of color on her. My vet confirmed that she was NOT anery. I called Chris to talk to him about the situation. He later stated that he doesn't know much about much about type II Nics. At the time he gave me two choices: I could either get a full refund or they would give me an anery boa and a DH ghost boa. I would be able to keep the Nic either way. I chose the babies and picked them up from Randy. Shortly after I got them I noticed mites. Not a huge deal - it happens. They were in quarantine and I treated them. About a week after I got them, the DH ghost started open-mouth breathing and I noticed some yellowing of the gums. To make a long story short, she had stomatitis and she refused traditional f/t feeding. She was deteriorating rapidly so I did not feel comfortable trying live. She had a total of four vet visits, two of which included her being tube-fed. In three weeks she lost almost half of her body weight. She died one day shy of being with me for 6 weeks. The anery regurgitated fuzzies twice but has been able to hold down pinkies for me. He is also infested with mites and will be going in for his third vet visit tomorrow. We did a necropsy on the female and the initial COD is loss of organ function due to severe anemia. I will be sending tissue samples off for histopathology after the holidays but at this juncture I'm blaming the mites. I contacted Chris two days after the DH ghost died. He said that he'd have to talk to Randy to decide what to refund me. He also commented on how he had noticed the mites on the baby boas. After not hearing from him for a few days, I contacted him again. He basically said that the snakes that I currently have are worth more than what I paid so if I want a refund, I should give him back the snakes. He claims he can get the anery better. If the snakes he gave me were healthy, then yes they would be worth quite a bit. But sick snakes have no monetary worth. He also played the blame game. Claiming that the problem was that I was feeding f/t, not live like they were. In the end, I chose to keep the snakes even though the outlook on the anery is bleak right now. To sum the situation up:

1. He sold me a morph boa that turned out to be a normal then stated that he didn't know much about that type of snake.
2. As opposed to a refund, he gave me sick snakes. Snakes which he stated that he knew had mites, once I called him about the DH ghost's death.
3. Even though I'd invested time and money into the snakes I'd received from him, he demanded them back if I wanted a refund stating that they were worth more than what I'd paid despite the fact that one was misrepresented, one is sick, and one is dead.
4. I have had to initiate most of the contact myself when he said he would be contacting me. I felt avoided.