Bad Guy Buddy Young - Designer Boas - BAD DEAL - Page 10 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:03 PM   #91
ianedward1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Show me where the buyer got hot headed before buddy insulted him. He had a dead line and when that wasn't met, was lied to, bullied, and taunted the buyer trying to make him submit to what he wanted no I wouldn't want the snake and id want my money back.

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk
In the texts before being referenced as a deadbeat, Buddy said that he had responded to his emails and to check his spam. The buyer stuff that Buddy was patronizing him and then threatened legal action. That's a pretty quick jump in my eyes.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:37 PM   #92
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianedward1 View Post
I have not gone looking for Buddy's TOS because I have never had any need, but why should I expect them to be any different than what (in my experience) is the norm? And while he may not be the size of Jay Brewer, I can assure you he produces and sells a sizable number of boas.
I'm sure you're right, he probably does a large number of animals; like I said, I personally prefer to buy from breeders who can tell me specifics about animals and that I know can respond to me if I have questions. That's the sort of business I try to provide and the sort of customer service I expect when I'm purchasing, so for me the experience (and expectation) is decidedly different.

You're absolutely right about holding money so that buyers can't just get buyer's remorse or find a better deal and back out, but I wasn't referring to that at all. To me, non-refundable deposits are a completely different scenario than what is going on here. Buddy agreed to ship by a certain date, changed that date without informing the buyer, and then made excuses as to why he couldn't ship. At that point I think the buyer was owed a refund.

If I make a promise to a buyer and don't fulfill it, I consider it my responsibility to resolve the issue to make the buyer happy. If that means we still ship at a later date and I give a small discount, great. If that means I just give a full refund and apologize, that's also fine. Holding the money hostage if you're the one at fault is not good business, regardless of what your terms say.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:41 PM   #93
ElexisC
Quote:
In the texts before being referenced as a deadbeat, Buddy said that he had responded to his emails and to check his spam. The buyer stuff that Buddy was patronizing him and then threatened legal action. That's a pretty quick jump in my eyes.
I can't attach with this phone for some reason, not going to get infractions for not attaching. But I see no threat of legal action where you're talking about, please show me where. He said "before I force the issue" leading me to think PayPal claim. And he also said he works through email all day and had spam turned off so that there says buddy lied about emailing

Old 08-02-2016, 01:17 AM   #94
ianedward1
Quote:
I can't attach with this phone for some reason, not going to get infractions for not attaching. But I see no threat of legal action where you're talking about, please show me where. He said "before I force the issue" leading me to think PayPal claim. And he also said he works through email all day and had spam turned off so that there says buddy lied about emailing
In this text he attached, Buddy shows his email list saying he replied marked by the return arrow. The buyer threatens legal action. Can we truly be 100% about the email either way? Could Buddy have responded and it get lost in the mass of emails this buyer claims to get? Could there be a draft sitting in Buddy's mail that was never sent? These answers can only be guessed really and the truth could be a big factor in why things went the way they did.
Attached Images

Old 08-02-2016, 01:23 AM   #95
ElexisC
Quote:
In this text he attached, Buddy shows his email list saying he replied marked by the return arrow. The buyer threatens legal action. Can we truly be 100% about the email either way? Could Buddy have responded and it get lost in the mass of emails this buyer claims to get? Could there be a draft sitting in Buddy's mail that was never sent? These answers can only be guessed really and the truth could be a big factor in why things went the way they did.
Pursue it legally threw PayPal, you can see that's clearly what it meant. That's not threatening a lawyer or anything else. He was going to take the only legal action he had. There was never a mention of court lawyers or anything. And that was after buddy had already told him he was keeping his money, and id check the dates of those, it says right after that that those emails were sent after the time period buddy said. Go read the text after that, that explains it.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:24 AM   #96
ElexisC
Quote:
Pursue it legally threw PayPal, you can see that's clearly what it meant. That's not threatening a lawyer or anything else. He was going to take the only legal action he had. There was never a mention of court lawyers or anything. And that was after buddy had already told him he was keeping his money, and id check the dates of those, it says right after that that those emails were sent after the time period buddy said. Go read the text after that, that explains it.

Sent before, sorry.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:26 AM   #97
ElexisC
That email buddy shows is June 30th, the OP showed emails that did not come any time after the 30th and July 6th at least. And I know if I'm already emailing back and forth, even with spam filter, I always get the email because I had already corresponded with them. That spam folder is a ploy.

Old 08-02-2016, 01:51 AM   #98
ElexisC
Let me clear that up, the op showed no emails came after that June 30th email from body till at least the 6th. And again if you're already corresponding with that person, their email will not go to your spam folder. So I never believe that when I see it.

Old 08-02-2016, 12:26 PM   #99
LJReptiles
WOW this is sad, looks like this should have been so easy to solve, refund his money move on.

Old 08-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #100
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJReptiles View Post
WOW this is sad, looks like this should have been so easy to solve, refund his money move on.
And if he had done that, I'd happily purchase from him. But he didn't. He refused, lied, bullied, and taunted. This could have been solved VERY easily, but now thanks to his own actions I'll never buy a boa from Buddy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!