Bad Guy Buddy Young - Designer Boas - BAD DEAL - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:42 PM   #31
spinytail
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelanistic Orca View Post
Ugh, bad move bro. I checked in with him, he has a tracking number for you and a date set... you should approach this differently, you will lose right now.

Just a fact, reach out, say sorry, whatever and get your animals. Just my opinion, I'm new around here... so prolly don't do what I said. It sucks swallowing pride, I had to do that once... it sucked a little to a little.
Do you mean bad move on Buddy for shipping when the receiver made it very clear he would not be there to accept? Buddy will lose this based on all the facts here and you are losing some credibility for speaking on Buddy's behalf. Tell him to get on here and talk for himself, also to communicate better and directly, not have you speaking for him.

Just a fact, tell Buddy to send the money and say sorry as that all that is welcome now, whatever and move on... sell it to someone who wants to do business with him; maybe you can buy it since your the only who seems doing business with him makes sense. Sorry for being a jerk but you are out of line with this "bad move bro..." stuff.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:47 PM   #32
spinytail
Quote:
Buddy has been doing this for 20yrs. Take a moment out and digest everything in its entirety.
I don't think 20 years means anything if you make even one bad deal to the buyer. I have taken a lot of my moments to digest and Buddy has shown his true colors. Not worth doing business with and should just give the guy back his money.

Old 07-09-2016, 08:50 PM   #33
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Hey Nick! How you doing buddy!? It should be common sense that all that needs to be done is confirm a date, Buddy drops off... and bingo, deal is done.

He's not shipping any old day he feels like it. Buddy has been doing this for 20yrs. Take a moment out and digest everything in its entirety. Have a sweet weekend too Nick!
Thanks Tom, I'm doing well . Hope you are too. I thought you were implying that he had already planned a shipping date without confirming with the buyer, which to me is very irresponsible especially when dealing with live animals. I apologize if I misunderstood.

To me it sounds like the buyer doesn't want to do business with him anymore. It seems like the best thing for both parties is to go through with a refund and part ways. Just because someone has been in business for a while doesn't make them automatically in the right, and for him to clutch so desperately to $200 seems fairly petty. Holding someone's money hostage because you're mad at them is no way to do business.

Old 07-09-2016, 09:34 PM   #34
DaveyFig
Quote:
Ugh, bad move bro. I checked in with him, he has a tracking number for you and a date set... you should approach this differently, you will lose right now.
What date does he have set and confirmed?

Old 07-09-2016, 10:32 PM   #35
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post
Was it really that bad to wait a couple weeks to get her? What a mess.
It does look bad the seller is saying he'll 'win' the money but also does seem like he's still willing to ship her. How did you send the funds? Did you ask about terms beforehand (where seller says credit, no refunds)?
What can be done to resolve this now? You're demanding a refund, sounds like you won't get it, what would be acceptable? Do you no longer what the boa?
I hope you both can calm down and come to a solution.
If I want a reptile, call five people who have what I'm looking for, and pick one I trust, who then discloses after payment that he is the only one who send the animal at the customer's convenience. Any honest business person in my honest opinion would refund in a second in an instance like this. This particular post seems out of character.

Old 07-09-2016, 10:41 PM   #36
DaveyFig
Out of curiosity, I clicked on the other bad guy thread about Buddy. He didn't reply to that one for two year, and only after it was resurrected. It looks like Tom was the one who got him to post then.

This is all really bad (or good) timing as I am wanting to get back into boas, and Buddy is one of the people I was considering making a purchase from.

Old 07-09-2016, 11:52 PM   #37
JButera
Buddy told the op he had someone else wanting the snake. If that was the case, why not give Jason back his money and simply sell it to the other buyer?

Old 07-10-2016, 12:07 AM   #38
713Jason
Quote:
It should be common sense that all that needs to be done is confirm a date, Buddy drops off... and bingo, deal is done.

He's not shipping any old day he feels like it. Buddy has been doing this for 20yrs. Take a moment out and digest everything in its entirety.
We already confirmed a date and he flaked. When that happened my window shut for being able to receive the animal and so now the deal is done. Why is that so difficult? All he has to do is refund my money. I dont understand the unwillingness to be reasonable

Old 07-10-2016, 01:29 AM   #39
Big Borg Reptiles
Quote:
Originally Posted by 713Jason View Post
We already confirmed a date and he flaked. When that happened my window shut for being able to receive the animal and so now the deal is done. Why is that so difficult? All he has to do is refund my money. I dont understand the unwillingness to be reasonable
The fact is, if you don't want to do business with him there's no reason you should have to. It would be different if you had buyer's remorse and changed your mind for no reason, but he set a date for shipping and then changed it once you paid. There is absolutely no reason why you should be forced to either take the snake or credit on a different snake. He's being a turd and I wouldn't want to do business with him either. The fact that he's refusing to send a refund says enough.

For someone who's been doing this for 20 years he sure is desperate to make $250. Maybe the boa market isn't looking as good as I thought.

Old 07-10-2016, 02:07 AM   #40
DaveyFig
I think it is weird that the plan was to ship it that Tuesday, but Buddy wanted to get another meal in it, and have it shed again before shipping. When I kept boas, I could guess when they were going to shed, but couldn't give an accurate shipping date based on it. I also fed neonates every 7-10 days, so if I had to ship one, it didn't eat that week. It hadn't been fed when payment was made, as he says that the next day was feeding day. Later he says it will puke if it is shipped because it is in shed. Was it in shed when it was fed?

Buddy requested an address for shipment on the 30th, but in the text from the 6th says he never got it. What did he put on the shipping label after he was told you didn't want the snake?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!