Bad Guy Buddy Young - Designer Boas - BAD DEAL - Page 9 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:14 PM   #81
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianedward1 View Post
We aren't dealing with Walmart though. For example, go to Prehistoric Pets and check their terms. No refunds for not wanting to wait for safer shipping conditions which applies to this situation. This is an industry standard practice.
He said nothing about temps at first. Only that he wanted it to shed and eat before he shipped AFTER the shipping day passed. Are you reading this with biased eyes?

Sent from my N9132 using Tapatalk

Old 08-01-2016, 07:18 PM   #82
ElexisC
Quote:
This is avoiding my point of why should it have been a big deal to wait until he was free to recieve the shipment of buddy offered to care for it himself. That should have been the end of that conversation there and never made it to name calling between either party
And why do you care if the customer didn't want to wait, again the temps were brought up only after buddy said he wanted it to shed and eat again before it shipped so would be 2 more weeks at least. If he had let the customer know Monday that "hey the temps are too high this week can we do it another day? I can hold it here till you get back into town" no buddy insisted he send the snake immediately and/or hold it after the feeding and shedding ploy didn't work and the customer wanted his money back, only then did buddy say no cash refunds

Old 08-01-2016, 07:20 PM   #83
ElexisC
Quote:
We aren't dealing with Walmart though. For example, go to Prehistoric Pets and check their terms. No refunds for not wanting to wait for safer shipping conditions which applies to this situation. This is an industry standard practice.
Also prehistoric pets has there terms listed, buddy? I've never seen them and seems no one can find them. So please tell me how prehistoric even compares to buddy.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:21 PM   #84
ianedward1
I just don't personally feel that I can agree with that. My opinion on it is that due to the age of the internet and ability to constantly shop, it's a way to avoid people backing out simply because they changed their mind or found a better deal. That's just my thought anyways. I honestly think that both parties got way too far into a who is the big hard baller. I've waited a month on a snake that got delayed because of shipping conditions, and that was fine with me. I honestly believe it should have been a "I won't be home for a month; I'm sorry, I will care for it for you for a month for free" end of story. That's just my opinion from my experiences.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:30 PM   #85
ElexisC
Quote:
I just don't personally feel that I can agree with that. My opinion on it is that due to the age of the internet and ability to constantly shop, it's a way to avoid people backing out simply because they changed their mind or found a better deal. That's just my thought anyways. I honestly think that both parties got way too far into a who is the big hard baller. I've waited a month on a snake that got delayed because of shipping conditions, and that was fine with me. I honestly believe it should have been a "I won't be home for a month; I'm sorry, I will care for it for you for a month for free" end of story. That's just my opinion from my experiences.
You're not comprehending this are you? Temps were NOT brought up until this thread. Buddy told the customer AFTER he paid and was supposed to ship it would be TWO more weeks before he shipped THAT snake. Because the customer didn't like being toyed with he wanted his money back, then BUDDY started the no cash refunds, insisting the snake be shipped immediately then said he could hold the snake. Shipping conditions were NOT brought up till this thread or at the very earliest right before the thread. So why do you keep making it seem the customer refused to wait for good shipping weather when he wasn't even told it would be too hot at first?

Old 08-01-2016, 07:31 PM   #86
ElexisC
And you neatly avoided my comment about prehistoric pets and buddy's terms.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:38 PM   #87
ianedward1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
And you neatly avoided my comment about prehistoric pets and buddy's terms.

That comment was towards MCMB, not you. I believe you might be a bit biased yourself in that you seem to be out for blood rather than looking at this calmly as a BOI. I have not gone looking for Buddy's TOS because I have never had any need, but why should I expect them to be any different than what (in my experience) is the norm? And while he may not be the size of Jay Brewer, I can assure you he produces and sells a sizable number of boas.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:40 PM   #88
ElexisC
Quote:
That comment was towards MCMB, not you. I believe you might be a bit biased yourself in that you seem to be out for blood rather than looking at this calmly as a BOI. I have not gone looking for Buddy's TOS because I have never had any need, but why should I expect them to be any different than what (in my experience) is the norm? And while he may not be the size of Jay Brewer, I can assure you he produces and sells a sizable number of boas.
I'm not biased. I always admired buddy's boas and have been thinking of purchasing from him, now after seeing how he treats his customer when something goes wrong, I will not be making a purchase

Old 08-01-2016, 07:50 PM   #89
ianedward1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I'm not biased. I always admired buddy's boas and have been thinking of purchasing from him, now after seeing how he treats his customer when something goes wrong, I will not be making a purchase

And that's exactly what BOI is here to help you decide. Like I said, I think both parties have fault here for being hotheaded instead of just the dealer. Buddy believed he was not revising the emails and he was insulted that such a thought could be possible. He did do the right thing by stating they got wires crossed, but then Buddy wanted to step up to the plate for a telling match. I personally don't understand not being fine with having a snake cared for at no cost while you are absent. I have been there myself. If I put the money down, then that means I want that animal and no other. Obviously, the buyer thought he was getting screwed I assume. In my dealings though, I would say that Buddy was legitimately offering to care for the animal if that is what it took. That's just all I can say.

Old 08-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #90
ElexisC
Quote:
And that's exactly what BOI is here to help you decide. Like I said, I think both parties have fault here for being hotheaded instead of just the dealer. Buddy believed he was not revising the emails and he was insulted that such a thought could be possible. He did do the right thing by stating they got wires crossed, but then Buddy wanted to step up to the plate for a telling match. I personally don't understand not being fine with having a snake cared for at no cost while you are absent. I have been there myself. If I put the money down, then that means I want that animal and no other. Obviously, the buyer thought he was getting screwed I assume. In my dealings though, I would say that Buddy was legitimately offering to care for the animal if that is what it took. That's just all I can say.
Show me where the buyer got hot headed before buddy insulted him. He had a dead line and when that wasn't met, was lied to, bullied, and taunted the buyer trying to make him submit to what he wanted no I wouldn't want the snake and id want my money back.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!