Caging - Beginner Question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-21-2003, 11:02 PM   #1
dwedeking
Caging - Beginner Question

As some of you may know we manufacture an all screen cage for chameleons. I've been thinking that this would work well for Amazon Tree Boas and thinking it would be a great way to showcase our cage at the office and any addition to my collection (I'm getting ready to add an ATB).

My main concern is the screening. With chameleons we use a fine mesh to keep small crickets in (though it is aluminum screening). How aggressive do ATB's try to get out of the cage?

Are there any other downfalls I'm not seeing?

Old 07-29-2003, 10:13 PM   #2
Damian
I dont recommend an all screen cage for any arboreal snakes. You are going to run into problems with keeping the correct humidity levels and temps, which are extremely important with arboreals.

Old 12-05-2003, 09:08 PM   #3
Dan's_herps
exatly wat i was thinging, humidity is going to be a b i t (*) h for you
try getting somthing like a CHAMELEON haha
by
Dan

Old 12-05-2003, 09:10 PM   #4
Dan's_herps
also, are you beginer to snakes? if so, DO NOT GET AN ATB, very bad choice for a first snake, try more like a corn

Old 12-05-2003, 10:16 PM   #5
JungleHabitats
Talking Dan heres what ya need !

Baby chondro in cage

hmm wont show the blasted picture here and its not from (we know wheres hosting lol )

this was just something i threw together for one i had bought this yr from Ben Seigel the cage was 36 x 18 x 18 had a halogen light & misting system on it i had planned on keeping the chondro & cage but took it to my friends shop where i use to live andafter it was there well lets just say the offer he made me for the setup w/ snake was EAR-RESIST-ABLE lol so of course he got them ( the chondro was a PISSER) he ate mice but loved "alans flesh more"

as already stated i would go with a mesh cage you will have tons of problems nose rubs ,dry sheds , low humidity.... BUT if yawant ill make ya a SWEET enclosure for the ATB lol

Old 06-28-2004, 08:15 PM   #6
spliffj2k
how can you tell if it is a male or female. I bought my first ball python and they didn't tell me what the sex was. Actually they told me that I wouldn't be able to find out for a year

Old 10-12-2004, 10:05 PM   #7
MGReptiles
I am in the same sit here I am looking for adult caging for my JCP's and cant make my mind up on the size and company to go with. I ama thinker, ill think about it until I get aggravated with thinking and then just pic one...lol..And you can pop or probe your ball from birth...I wouldent do either if you dont kow what your doing. Take it to the vat and have them do it..its like 15 bucks...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!