bearded dragon hatchlings - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-22-2003, 10:02 PM   #1
lkb1975
Question bearded dragon hatchlings

I have a problem. We hatched 5 baby dragons on 7-19-03 and they have yet to eat. Weve tried pin head crickets and greens and they won't touch either. Can someone please help with some tips. Thank You. Laurel

Old 07-23-2003, 02:08 AM   #2
herpcondo
HEY,,
i have raised countless dragons in the last 3 years,,, they will eat usually around 3-5 days,, they live off of the yolk they absorb before they come out of the egg. the main thing is to keep them in a really quiet place, that does not stress them. keep them from seeing other animals, including pets. give them a good hot 110-115 basking spot, and make sure they stay hydrated. they have got to stay hydrated above all else. the way i hydrate my babies is to take about 10 ounces of water that is at a temp of 90 degrees, and pour it in the bottom of a clear shoe box. they i put the babies in a few at a time, and they will sit there a minute,,, look around, and then drink. as they drink, i take them out one by one, and before you know it all have had a good drink.
also something i have had to do in the past with really timid dragons, some hatchling seem to be more timid than others, is for there first meal, feed them very tiny wax worms. ( i grow my own, so i usually have them in all stages of sizes) for some reason, the little white pupa moving around will make them try it as food. just don't give up, i know it is a bad feeling to see those cute little things, and to think "they have gotta be hungry" but assure you just when you think they are never gonna eat,, one will gobble up a cricket, and the others will see it,, and they will start eating too... and then look out,,, eating machines,,,
if you need any more help,. or want to email me about the babies,,,
feel free to....i just had some yellow red sunbursts hatch myself on the 18th,,,no matter how many you hatch it is always a great thing to see and i never get tired of it,,, here is a little pic,,
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!