Mack snows..... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-01-2005, 04:07 AM   #1
Gregg M
Mack snows.....

How many think this morph will make a drastic drop within the next year or two???? I personally feel that Alex did a great job by carefully choosing the proper breeders to work with them so the market will stay strong for a long long time...... Apparently some feel there is no future in this morph..... I think if any other breeder had started this project, this might be the case...... Careful selection of breeders/buyers, not flooding the market, and seemingly endless possiblities, will ensure its value.......

I will admit that I was skeptical at first, but when Alex and some of the people working with them laid it all out and explained the deal, I was sold.....

It is funny how the people that knock Alex for what he is doing, are the people who were not selected to buy any, or they just cant put enough money together to get any...... I guess alot of people want something for next to nothing......

Anyway, this is just what I have been thinking about being there were a few people bashing Alex and his ethics...... All breeders should have his ethics....

Old 05-01-2005, 09:26 AM   #2
robin d.
i think alex did well but i think they will drop drastically in the next year or two.("normal hets" and even "normal supers")... well i am actually certain. now the future like crossing into other lines... ct, tangs, albinos, blizz, patts and other stuff will most liekly keep the prices on those types a bit higher for a bit longer

Old 05-01-2005, 09:45 AM   #3
Bringerofdoom
I agree greg, alot of his investors are probably worried about po-boy killing their market value soon. You know he will be the first to bring on lower prices. After wondering why none of the "big guys" are spending their money on his stock, itll happen. His stock in my eyes, will never carry the same value over the rest of everyone stock.

I guess the moral majoritly of people here, feel that once sale is refused to the customer (When we CHOOSE to use that right to sell) That they can get a 3rd party involved and that should make it OK in everyone else's eyes.

Robin (link) Told him no geckos and he complained. Alex told him no and poe basically said a big FU to alex and still got what he wanted. Now is this the actions of a normal adult or that of a grubby "gimme gimme" kid?

Everyone wants to questions alex's ethics, when everyone should be questioning poe's. With the breeding of leo's once the moment they hit the desired weight, when they are technically to young still. To the immediate pairing of a $1000+ gecko, without quaratining at all. I know everyone wanted to get a jump on this season, but i know the rest of you did not do remotely what dan has done though.

Old 05-01-2005, 10:37 AM   #4
E2MacPets
Dan is a bad name to have in the leopard gecko business....

Old 05-01-2005, 10:54 AM   #5
Intense Herpetoculture
So, if this post is going to turn into something about Dan, why not take it over to Hell where it belongs? If it's just a discussion about a morph or a leopard gecko, keep it here.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:30 AM   #6
Xavier
My thoughts

I think all the buyers from Alex will agree with the terms Alex laid out but whats there to say about the folks which purchase straight from John Mack before Alex was even selling? I know at the very least Steve @ geckosect.com did this but I have personally spoken to him and I don't think he is a problem and he IMO will keep the prices nice and high with everyone else. There's also the ones which will this year will buy from the new breeders which purchased those few from Alex last year, will they in 06 agree to the sales price? I think will will see a drop in 06, but what is my opinion worth? nothing really.................
Thanks
Xavier

Old 05-01-2005, 11:45 AM   #7
dwedeking
Quote:
will they in 06 agree to the sales price?
Do you realize this is organized price fixing? In the US this is illegal. It also goes against the basics of a capitalist economic system (used to be the backbone to American dreams) allowing for free competition.

Personally, I sell our off spring for the highest dollar amount that I feel the market can bear. And while I find people that sell below market value ignorant and frustrating (though there are situations where I can see it, ie divorce, financial hardships and your trying to make ends meet etc) I have more of an issue with those that try to "set" market values artificially.

Old 05-01-2005, 11:53 AM   #8
Xavier
Please don't my word from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwedeking
Do you realize this is organized price fixing? In the US this is illegal. It also goes against the basics of a capitalist economic system (used to be the backbone to American dreams) allowing for free competition.

Personally, I sell our off spring for the highest dollar amount that I feel the market can bear. And while I find people that sell below market value ignorant and frustrating (though there are situations where I can see it, ie divorce, financial hardships and your trying to make ends meet etc) I have more of an issue with those that try to "set" market values artificially.
Those are just my words as to how I understand Alex's plan, I have never spoken to him about mack snows and not a buyer of one....
My own point was and I'm sorry if I worded it incorrectly but I was meaning will the buyers within 05 (mainly the ones not buying from Alex) will they sell at the same price as Alex and other would like to see?
Xavier

Old 05-01-2005, 12:06 PM   #9
Gregg M
It was not my intention to make this about Dan P...... So lets try to keep this on topic...... PLEASE..... Do we have to bring all of that stuff up any time the Macks are brought up???? This thread is about the morph its self and my personal feelings about what is going to happen...... I feel that the super snow version will hold its value for a long time as well just because of what can be done with them..... I do not think there will be a drastic decrease either as time goes on...... If everyone working with them does the right thing, it should be a slow decrease...... I know for a fact this will not turn into a Blazing Blizzard thing just because of the parties involved......

Just look at spider balls for a second....... Easy to produce...... You breed a spider to a normal and you get half a clutch of spiders....... They are still fetching very high prices...... I do feel that bp morph prices are way high, but, you gotta love how the people working with them are helping to keep the value up on them.....

Old 05-01-2005, 12:09 PM   #10
Gregg M
I think when folks try to undercut the other breeders is when drastic drops start to happen...... As long as all involved keep the prices up there should be no big drop in a short period of time.......

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!