Mack Snow Pricing... ridiculous.... buyers opinion - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-27-2005, 11:34 PM   #31
surfrkidts
i didn't mean throw aways to breeders! little kids at the pet store buy one and kill it, so they go and buy another one. any morph is taken care of the same from a breeder who knows what they are doing but the petstore fodder is what i hate to see. thats what makes me sad. I guess i was being completely random but that last post of mine really had nothing to do with breeders, sorry

Old 05-27-2005, 11:39 PM   #32
Herpcam
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliceinwl
Too true, they almost seem to bring out the worst in people

-Alice
I concur. I'd have to guess it was the marketing, attitudes and passion of some of the people who got into the project. My .02, for what its worth.

I'll restate something I said before in one of the 20+ post threads on the subject -- This whole project should have stayed 'offline' until it was ready.

I'm also going to revise my ealier prediction. I think they'll be near the $300 mark by next year. In several years, we'll find them in Petco for $30 like the SHCTs are now.

Old 05-27-2005, 11:41 PM   #33
leaftail
I understand what you're saying, Tyler, and I agree with you. I hate that normal leopard geckos are so inexpensive now, that they've fallen into the "throw away pet" category. Not for us of course! But for casual pet buyers, like kids who say "I want that!" and parents who say "why not its only $20".

Old 05-27-2005, 11:43 PM   #34
Gregg M
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfrkidts
i didn't mean throw aways to breeders! little kids at the pet store buy one and kill it, so they go and buy another one. any morph is taken care of the same from a breeder who knows what they are doing but the petstore fodder is what i hate to see. thats what makes me sad. I guess i was being completely random but that last post of mine really had nothing to do with breeders, sorry
Good post Tyler.... I do agree to a point..... Unfortunatly, cheaper prices attract keepers that will offer less than good care for the most part because they can just go out and get a new one..... Those are the type of people that should not keep reptiles.....

Old 05-27-2005, 11:47 PM   #35
surfrkidts
thanks laura and gregg, sorry i couldn't get my point across well. I must be tired or just ... wasted

Old 05-27-2005, 11:55 PM   #36
Golden Gate Geckos
Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy!

First of all, I would like to give Robert a huge pat-on-the-back for posting how he really feels! He has nothing to lose, nothing to prove, and nothing to hide! Right on, Robert! Does this mean I agree with him? Not necessarily... but he has struck a nerve with many of you! Here's what I think, as if it really matters...
Quote:
Remember, this is a project that has gone public long before most would have.
Not true! RT and many others have been chastised for 'jumping the gun' with the introduction of a 'new' morph. Look where that got the Giant project!
Quote:
Yes, your post is a "just a bitter complaint" coming from someone obviously interested who cannot afford one at this time.
That is a cheap shot. ASSuming someone doesn't have the money to jump on the newest bandwagon over a leopard gecko morph is very different from not being interested in jumping on it!
Quote:
One thing I know for sure...people involved with the Mack Snows aint complaining
Wrong again! Sorry guys, but the folks that are involved with this project seem to be doing the MOST complaining! Just do a search on Fauna using the keywords "Mack Snow" and see who is doing the most whining. "Me thinks ye protest too much".
Quote:
I think it's a bit amusing..... I feel bad for those who cannot jump into the project as early as they would like.
What the ??? You have GOT to be kidding! Come on now... you know you don't feel bad at all!
Quote:
They are cool. but only because they are new.
This is pretty true for the most part. The Mack Snows ARE really cool! They just aren't cool enough for me to spend $1200.00 on, and I HAVE the money!

Listen Alex and Chris... I have a great deal of admiration for those of you who are working with this exciting new morph. I just have a real hard time with making this project so controversial right off the get-go! Just because someone doesn't share your enthusiasm for a particular project should not mean they are automatically fair game for a public lashing, and especially those who cannot justify paying the ransom for a leopard gecko in today's economy! If you really want people to share YOUR enthusiasm, then perhaps you should make an attempt at lessening the hostility you apparently have towards the rest of the Leopard Gecko community.

'Nuff said.

Old 05-27-2005, 11:55 PM   #37
Vince
I bought a mud turtle for 6 bucks. Ive had it for 9 years. If you think of anything as throw away you should get smacked

Old 05-28-2005, 12:16 AM   #38
leaftail
Oy, Marcia. Alex and Chris didnt start the hostility, this thread or others. They're just responding in kind.

Old 05-28-2005, 12:23 AM   #39
Vince
I don't see someone telling their opinion as being hostility

Old 05-28-2005, 12:24 AM   #40
Golden Gate Geckos
Ok...

Quote:
I'll restate something I said before in one of the 20+ post threads on the subject -- This whole project should have stayed 'offline' until it was ready.
I agree.
Quote:
Man, I seriously think we should re-name Mack Snows to "Ex-Wife" leos. They are expensive and bring nothing but pain and derision . . .
I agree.
Quote:
Too true, they almost seem to bring out the worst in people
I agree.
Quote:
Alex and Chris didnt start the hostility, this thread or others. They're just responding in kind.
Perhaps.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!