Should I be concerned? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 11-17-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
tanias16
Should I be concerned?

Hello all,

I have posted about this before in my updates, but haven't really gotten any direct responses. Although there are occasions where my male does not eat, and thus does not use the restroom. There seems to be occasions where he does eat and does not use the restroom. For example, Sunday night he ate about 8 mealworms, and used the restroom that night. Monday he ate nothing because he wouldn't come out for me to feed him (he hand feeds) and still wont eat from his bowl. He did not use the restroom. Tuesday night he ate about 15 mealworms and did not use the restroom. Wednesday night he ate nothing (again, he didn't come out to eat) and did not use the restroom. It seems that if he's just eaten 15 mealworms that he should be using the restroom sometime within the next 24 hours, right? The female eats every night (she'll eat out of her bowl) and uses the restroom every night. Should I be concerned about his behavior? Is it just because he's not eating every day? He did have pinworms and was on a 3 consecutive day treatment, and then 2 weeks later, another dose. Need some opinions. Does everyone's gecko's use the restroom regularly?

Old 11-17-2005, 05:51 PM   #2
lilraider
Well my geckos all use the restroom regulary with a 2-3 days

Old 11-17-2005, 06:42 PM   #3
tanias16
I'm sorry, just to be sure lilraider, are you saying your geckos use the restroom regularly every 2 to 3 days? Because if so, then I have no worries! I just since the female goes every day, something might be wrong with the male.

Old 11-17-2005, 06:45 PM   #4
lilraider
Ya its a routine for my geckos.

Old 11-17-2005, 08:14 PM   #5
neatochickens27
Yeah, if the gecko didnt eat the day before and eats the next day, hes not going to crap immediately as there is nothing for the new food to push out.It waits to be digested then he should go in a day or two.

Old 11-17-2005, 11:29 PM   #6
ShannanD25
It seems like the younger the leo, the more often they "poop". As babies I swear they go several times a day...as they grow up, they go less frequently...If after three days you don't notice him relieving himself, try a nice warm soak to move things along....
Sounds like a spoiled rotten Leos to me....won't eat from a dish?
That a man for you, lays aruond and expects the food to be brought before him...while the female finds her own....sigh
hahahaha

Old 11-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #7
tanias16
LOL Shannan! These guy swere adopted and I'm still nursing them back to health. Once he can afford to miss a feeding, I'll try again with the bowl. But he'll eat everyday if I hand feed him, and he'll go days without food if I don't.

Old 11-18-2005, 11:44 PM   #8
aliceinwl
I agree as long as he's eating, and the poos are solid and well formed, you've got nothing to worry about. If he goes over a week, accompanied by loss of appetite, or the poos look runny, or have an extremely bad smell, then it's time to worry.

-Alice

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!