Bad Guy UnderGround Reptiles should stay underground - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-13-2013, 11:24 AM   #1
reptilerenegade
Thumbs down UnderGround Reptiles should stay underground

I'm normally not one to complain, but I feel this should be said about the way Underground Reptiles does business. I recently purchased 2 crocodile monitors from them for my breeding project.

I asked about their health they said they were perfectly healthy, but failed to mention they both had rear foot injuries and the female was missing an eye. Seriously??? I asked about their length and they said they were a foot longer than actual. They couldn't tell me anything about their history,but failed to mention that the crocs originally came from them over five years ago.

I called the owner about the issues and he offered to take them back, but I couldn't bring myself to let these animals go back to irresponsible people that knew nothing of these animals care. The facility is nasty to say the least. I told the owner I was taking them to the vet and he immediately went defensive (as does his employees)and accused me of trying to rip him off. I didn't even mention money, just explaining that I was getting them care. Part of the deal was that I would be put in contact with the previous owner, which fortunately, happened.

I wish I would have some research before buying from these people. I encourage anyone to do the same with anyone. Take into consideration bad reviews before making that purchase.